Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Training Camp Report (Kaylore)

This report is brought to you by Kaylore at the mane. Orange mane

Herrrrrrreeeeeee we GO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Meck, Conklin, Disco - The whole crew is up and ready to go. I'm kicking it on the bus eating orange cheese puffs. Good times, guys. Let's get this thing going.

Ok I'll start with what everybody wants to know about: offensive line.

I got a good look at the some O-linemen because they did their drills right in front of me. Here's some things I noticed.

Chris Kuper: He was hands down the best of the "new" guys. He is powerful at the point of attack and you can see him try to ge the right angles for better leverage. Unfortunately his choices in this aren't the best so he needs some game experience to get that part down. He doesn't yield hardly any ground in pass protection and does a good job keeping the block in front of him.

Eslinger: He's very athletic but his upper body strength needs some work. He doesn't hold his blocks for long. In pass protection he gets pushed a bit but what he lacks in straight on attack power he makes for in quickness with jab-pushes. His explosion from snap-to-block is really impressive.

George Foster: He looked pretty good. I thought that was interesting. He seems to engage his blocks better and is doing a better job of forcing the attack to the outside to keep the rush end moving sideways and not in.

Nalen: Nalen is a bit slower but he was one of the best at holding his blocks. He also was hands down the best at not yielding ground in pass protection. He's not as explosive off the line but he's the hardest to get around.

Lepsis & Hamilton: I didn't see the side they were on very well and when I finally was able to see them I was too busy looking at the rest of the offense.

Cooper Carlisle: Better than last year. His technique is better and he seems even stronger. Some of that might be Foster's improved play though.

Now on to the lame stuff (QB's, Receivers, Defensive backs)

QB's:

Jay Cutler: I'm doing him first since no one really cares about him. I'm going to be blunt, he is raw but very talented. He overthrows his guys. His footwork is fine and it appears that

WOOOOOT! ROAF IS RETIRING! This has to be good news that I learned this right as I'm typing about Cutler! An omen, to be sure.

Back to Cutler. He makes some of his throws that are lazers and others that are off. He threw into double coverage twice and I believe it's because he's still learning to make his reads. One thing I was both disappointed and happy to see was that he wasn't trying to show off but make the right throw. When he is off, it's always "right off" where it's out of the defender's reach. Still, he has some work to do and it's only the first day. Remember that the offense doesn't start clicking until day 5 or 6 so don't freak out.

Preston Parsons: If we didn't draft Cutler he could have made the team as a good number 3. He makes some decent throws and makes decent reads. He's not amazing, but not bad.

BVP: The kid seems to have leveled off. He threw into double coverage twice and the camp was graced with a few of his swear words. Anthony Pacino pointed out that he almost looked better last year. As I said it's still the first day and offense has a step to go. As of right now, BVP is deserving of the second spot IMO in spite of his difficulties.

Plummer: Wow. He looked amazing. I'm not just saying that. I didn't come to camp expecting him to impress me and he really has. He makes the right throws, has a good feel for preasure and the defense was struggling to stop him. He knows where his guys and his passes were the most accurate I've seen. I mean he really flashed some skills. He even drew the defense off sides a couple times with an impressive hard count. He's this good now, I can only imagine.

Receivers:

Javon Walker: Wow this guy is good (and in freaking rehab?!?!) he and Rod were the only ones who came close to beating champ. He looks much better than I expected. He makes cuts and his speed is really quite good. If I had to describe Walker in one word it would be effortless. He turns the right way, has his hands in the right position and makes it look easy no matter who's throwing him the ball. Even his comebacks looked good. Rest assured, Bronco nation, the hype is totally justified. One thing I was really impressed with was how precise his routes were. He just sort of glides down them and it is a large part of why so many of his passes looked "right" - easier to throw to.

Rod Smith: Well Crazywhore (Roaf's gone! LOSER!) will be upset to know that he came out looking better than last year at camp. I really think Heimerdinger's coaching has upped the performance of all the wideouts across the board, actually. Polished and had some surprising explosiveness. Rod plays full speed every snap and it shows. I really wish that you guys could see the way he practices because he's easily the hardest working guy on the field.

Little TO: He's a big kid but he's a lot quicker than I expected. When I saw him in the videos I thought he looked slow. Well he isn't slow. He takes long strides and so it's deceiving. He's not FAST but he's second tier for wideouts. good hands and he does a nice jobe of using his physical presence to get to the ball. His routes were pretty good.

Watts: He had two drops. Still amazing athletic specimen and still the best at getting sepperation. His quickness is unreal and he has big potential for yards after the catch. The thing that impressed me the most was when he adjusted his route during a blitz. He was supposed to run out and saw Lynch run by and pulled in to give Van Pelt a chance. He didn't get the ball, but it was the right read.

Tony Scheffler: I know he's a TE, but he was the most impressive rookie at camp. The guy catches EVERYTHING. He has great hands. Plucks the ball from the air and neve rbody catches. He can get some mad air too. His route running was so-so but he's a rookie so I can only imagine what he'll be like months from now. I didn't see his blocking but the guy can make plays in the passing game for sure.

Charlie Adams: He looked very pedestrian and hand some drops. Then again I felt this way about him last year and he was the number 3, so what do I know? I'll tell you what I know! Roaf retired and the Chiefs suck

Defensive Backs.

They're running a lot of zone defense right now. They're really working on their drops and coverage in that regard. It's got a ways to go, but it's getting better.

Champ Bailey: No one caught a pass thrown to Champ. No one. He had an interception too. That schocked me. The closest anyone got was Rod And Javon. Walker had a catch on a fade in the endzone the Plummer threw and Bailey swatted it out of his hands. He looked beat and then he just knocked it out of his hands before he had possesion. The guy is so good. He keeps his shoulders squared and always has hips pointed toward the play. He's better than last year, but then last year he was hurt during camp, so there ya go.

Meck says "hello. Chops are heatin' up - get down here!"

D-Wil: He's really pulled away from the competition and is no contest the starter. He plays physical, he's the quickest of the D-backs and when he hits has his shoulder's squared so he hits clean and will tackle solid. His ball instincts are superior to the other D-backs. Don't look for this to change much.

'Nique: He's better than last year but not by a great deal. He is better in zone and has some good closing speed. It's just that D-wil seems to have really pulled aways and made 'Nique look "second level". Got beat a couple times.

Roc Alexander: He really impressed me. He played with a lot of fire and closed on the ball well. He's agressive and practices hard. He isn't affraid to hit. I suspect that Coyer likes him because he was praising him a couple of times.

Paymah: The difference between Paymah this year and Paymah last year is that Paymah doesn't suck this year. He gets deeper on his drops and his man coverage is good. He's actually competing whereas last year he just looked totally lost. Better, but not amazing or anything.

Curome Cox: He looked good. Was the second string free safety and made some nice plays. He didn't bit on play action and has the athleticism to cover which is a nice bonus.

Lynch: The guy is great. He reads the plays correctly and plays his zone resposibily. Some guys don't know how to defend a player through your zone. Lynch doesn't have this problem. His back peddle is nice and when he's blitzing he didn't show it until right before the snap.

Final notes.

The majority of the defense practiced on the other field, and I couldn't see them so that's why I don't have anyhting on them here's some general observations:

DJ Williams: He's much much better. I think he's really improved in play action. His play recognition is better and he doesn't bite as easily. Very athletic. He can get some amazing air.

Nate Webster: This guy could start for us. Agressive and practices hard. I like him.

Dumervil: He is tiny. Like itty bitty. Especially next Brown and Warren. When I saw him I had my doubts, but we'll see.
    They worked on a lot of third downs

Will Roaf: He's retiring and the Chiefs offense sucked with him gone. Do they think they can keep going with both their left tackles and their pro-bowl fullback gone? Chiefs suck.

Nate Jackson: Yes, he looked good but I don't even want to say anything because I know he'll break a pinky and yet remain on the team.

Ok, that's who I had a good look at. Any questions, I'd be happy to answer.

There Reports are for Orangemane.com only and not be re-posted without my permission.

Originally posted by Domostick

Meck, Conklin, Disco - The whole crew is up and ready to go. I'm kicking it on the bus eating orange cheese puffs. Good times, guys. Let's get this thing going.

I got a good look at the some O-linemen because they did their drills right in front of me. Here's some things I noticed.

Chris Kuper: He was hands down the best of the "new" guys. He is powerful at the point of attack and you can see him try to ge the right angles for better leverage. Unfortunately his choices in this aren't the best so he needs some game experience to get that part down. He doesn't yield hardly any ground in pass protection and does a good job keeping the block in front of him.

Eslinger: He's very athletic but his upper body strength needs some work. He doesn't hold his blocks for long. In pass protection he gets pushed a bit but what he lacks in straight on attack power he makes for in quickness with jab-pushes. His explosion from snap-to-block is really impressive.

George Foster: He looked pretty good. I thought that was interesting. He seems to engage his blocks better and is doing a better job of forcing the attack to the outside to keep the rush end moving sideways and not in.

Nalen: Nalen is a bit slower but he was one of the best at holding his blocks. He also was hands down the best at not yielding ground in pass protection. He's not as explosive off the line but he's the hardest to get around.

Lepsis & Hamilton: I didn't see the side they were on very well and when I finally was able to see them I was too busy looking at the rest of the offense.

Cooper Carlisle: Better than last year. His technique is better and he seems even stronger. Some of that might be Foster's improved play though.

QB's:

Jay Cutler: I'm doing him first since no one really cares about him. I'm going to be blunt, he is raw but very talented. He overthrows his guys. His footwork is fine and it appears that

WOOOOOT! ROAF IS RETIRING! This has to be good news that I learned this right as I'm typing about Cutler! An omen, to be sure.

Back to Cutler. He makes some of his throws that are lazers and others that are off. He threw into double coverage twice and I believe it's because he's still learning to make his reads. One thing I was both disappointed and happy to see was that he wasn't trying to show off but make the right throw. When he is off, it's always "right off" where it's out of the defender's reach. Still, he has some work to do and it's only the first day. Remember that the offense doesn't start clicking until day 5 or 6 so don't freak out.

Preston Parsons: If we didn't draft Cutler he could have made the team as a good number 3. He makes some decent throws and makes decent reads. He's not amazing, but not bad.

BVP: The kid seems to have leveled off. He threw into double coverage twice and the camp was graced with a few of his swear words. Anthony Pacino pointed out that he almost looked better last year. As I said it's still the first day and offense has a step to go. As of right now, BVP is deserving of the second spot IMO in spite of his difficulties.

Plummer: Wow. He looked amazing. I'm not just saying that. I didn't come to camp expecting him to impress me and he really has. He makes the right throws, has a good feel for preasure and the defense was struggling to stop him. He knows where his guys and his passes were the most accurate I've seen. I mean he really flashed some skills. He even drew the defense off sides a couple times with an impressive hard count. He's this good now, I can only imagine.

Receivers:

Javon Walker: Wow this guy is good (and in freaking rehab?!?!) he and Rod were the only ones who came close to beating champ. He looks much better than I expected. He makes cuts and his speed is really quite good. If I had to describe Walker in one word it would be effortless. He turns the right way, has his hands in the right position and makes it look easy no matter who's throwing him the ball. Even his comebacks looked good. Rest assured, Bronco nation, the hype is totally justified. One thing I was really impressed with was how precise his routes were. He just sort of glides down them and it is a large part of why so many of his passes looked "right" - easier to throw to.

Rod Smith: Well Crazywhore (Roaf's gone! LOSER!) will be upset to know that he came out looking better than last year at camp. I really think Heimerdinger's coaching has upped the performance of all the wideouts across the board, actually. Polished and had some surprising explosiveness. Rod plays full speed every snap and it shows. I really wish that you guys could see the way he practices because he's easily the hardest working guy on the field.

Little TO: He's a big kid but he's a lot quicker than I expected. When I saw him in the videos I thought he looked slow. Well he isn't slow. He takes long strides and so it's deceiving. He's not FAST but he's second tier for wideouts. good hands and he does a nice jobe of using his physical presence to get to the ball. His routes were pretty good.

Watts: He had two drops. Still amazing athletic specimen and still the best at getting sepperation. His quickness is unreal and he has big potential for yards after the catch. The thing that impressed me the most was when he adjusted his route during a blitz. He was supposed to run out and saw Lynch run by and pulled in to give Van Pelt a chance. He didn't get the ball, but it was the right read.

Tony Scheffler: I know he's a TE, but he was the most impressive rookie at camp. The guy catches EVERYTHING. He has great hands. Plucks the ball from the air and neve rbody catches. He can get some mad air too. His route running was so-so but he's a rookie so I can only imagine what he'll be like months from now. I didn't see his blocking but the guy can make plays in the passing game for sure.

Charlie Adams: He looked very pedestrian and hand some drops. Then again I felt this way about him last year and he was the number 3, so what do I know? I'll tell you what I know! Roaf retired and the Chiefs suck

Defensive Backs.

They're running a lot of zone defense right now. They're really working on their drops and coverage in that regard. It's got a ways to go, but it's getting better.

Champ Bailey: No one caught a pass thrown to Champ. No one. He had an interception too. That schocked me. The closest anyone got was Rod And Javon. Walker had a catch on a fade in the endzone the Plummer threw and Bailey swatted it out of his hands. He looked beat and then he just knocked it out of his hands before he had possesion. The guy is so good. He keeps his shoulders squared and always has hips pointed toward the play. He's better than last year, but then last year he was hurt during camp, so there ya go.

D-Wil: He's really pulled away from the competition and is no contest the starter. He plays physical, he's the quickest of the D-backs and when he hits has his shoulder's squared so he hits clean and will tackle solid. His ball instincts are superior to the other D-backs. Don't look for this to change much.

'Nique: He's better than last year but not by a great deal. He is better in zone and has some good closing speed. It's just that D-wil seems to have really pulled aways and made 'Nique look "second level". Got beat a couple times.

Roc Alexander: He really impressed me. He played with a lot of fire and closed on the ball well. He's agressive and practices hard. He isn't affraid to hit. I suspect that Coyer likes him because he was praising him a couple of times.

Paymah: The difference between Paymah this year and Paymah last year is that Paymah doesn't suck this year. He gets deeper on his drops and his man coverage is good. He's actually competing whereas last year he just looked totally lost. Better, but not amazing or anything.

Curome Cox: He looked good. Was the second string free safety and made some nice plays. He didn't bit on play action and has the athleticism to cover which is a nice bonus.

Lynch: The guy is great. He reads the plays correctly and plays his zone resposibily. Some guys don't know how to defend a player through your zone. Lynch doesn't have this problem. His back peddle is nice and when he's blitzing he didn't show it until right before the snap.

Final notes.

The majority of the defense practiced on the other field, and I couldn't see them so that's why I don't have anyhting on them here's some general observations:

DJ Williams: He's much much better. I think he's really improved in play action. His play recognition is better and he doesn't bite as easily. Very athletic. He can get some amazing air.

Nate Webster: This guy could start for us. Agressive and practices hard. I like him.

Dumervil: He is tiny. Like itty bitty. Especially next Brown and Warren. When I saw him I had my doubts, but we'll see.

Will Roaf: He's retiring and the Chiefs offense sucked with him gone. Do they think they can keep going with both their left tackles and their pro-bowl fullback gone? Chiefs suck.

Nate Jackson: Yes, he looked good but I don't even want to say anything because I know he'll break a pinky and yet remain on the team.

There Reports are for Orangemane.com only and not be re-posted without my permission.

how did dayne and tater look ?!

Comment

Thanks alot, may i use this report at maddennation.com(will give you and orangemane credit of course)? Thanks...

Comment

QB's:

Receivers:

Defensive Backs.

Final notes.

Thanks. I have extremely high hopes for Watts. I might put him in my sig soon.
        MMA News
        MMA News 247

Comment

Originally posted by LynchBailey2447
          Thanks alot, may i use this report at maddennation.com(will give you and orangemane credit of course)? Thanks...
          Sounds like from the last line that he wants his reports to remain on the mane.

Comment

Good job. Like the report. Can't wait till the next one
            President Cool

Comment

Thanks for posting this, its good to hear that Plummer is looking good!
              ...capture it...remember it...

Comment

Originally posted by Bronco_girl47
                Doesn't he always look good?

Comment

First off, great report, and we here who are not at camp (but at work instead..ugh) really appreciate it.

Secondly, guys.. come on.. is it really necesarry to quote that long-arse post for your tiny one sentance statements?

Really...

Keep up the great updates man! Want to hear more! I'll be there on Sunday! woooooot!

Edit: Where's the best place to get to on the field?

Comment

Originally posted by Bronco_girl47
                    That is good news. Espically since it sounds like Cutler will need some time.
                    President Cool

Comment

Thanks for the report.

I assume you did have Kaylore's permission.

-----

Comment

QB's:

Receivers:

Defensive Backs.

Final notes.

Football... Has... Started
                        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Jaws
                          Doesn't he always look good?
                          Yes you are correct!
                          ...capture it...remember it...

Comment

Great to hear, great to hear.

Champ is a beast. But I bet my boy Darius could get a catch on him!

Too soon, D-Will, too soon.

Comment

Good to hear on Adams...I hope he doesn't make the second round of cuts...

Comment

Working...
                              X