Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Camp tidbit on the RB battle

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Camp tidbit on the RB battle

    I found this on the footballguys forums.

    QB: Jake Plummer looked sharp. Was delivering the ball accurately and crisply in the 7-on-7 drills and continued with his precision passing on 11-on-11 drills. Doesn't appear to be fazed by Jay Cutler looking over his shoulder. Jay Cutler got some work in but looked shaky as one would expect a rookie to look. Champ Bailey picked him off twice when Cutler failed to put enough mustard on the ball.

    RB: Tatum Bell was the rave of Day 1. Bell looked noticeably bigger and was in great condition. Bell ran exclusively with the first team and looked even more explosive than ever. He consistently ripped huge gains through the middle and outran defnders to the corner before cutting upfield for what would have easily been 10-15 yard gains. While Bell was focused and modest, you could see an air of confidence and swagger to him...something apparently Mike Shanahan liked because several people overheard him go up to Tatum Bell and ask him if he's ready to run for 1600. Bell was seen joking around with Plummer and Rod Smith as the second team got their reps. Ron Dayne looked solid, but unspectacular. Dayne ran with the second team and performed ok, had a case of fumbilitis for a while, but pulled himself together to finish the practice well. Dayne's conditioning looked ok, but he was noticeably winded after his drills. The dog of the day was Cedric Cobbs. He couldn't finish his conditioning drills, and Bobby Turner ripped him a new one. When Cobbs got some reps in he ran the wrong play, fumbled, and dropped an easy swing pass which set Mike Shanahan on fire. At this point, Cobbs looks like he'll be lucky to be carried on the practice squad. Cobbs was also limping after practice.

    WR: Rod Smith is...Rod Smith...Mr. reliable. Made some smooth catches and continues to be Plummer's go-to-man. Smith burned Champ Bailey for what appeared to have been about a 25-30 yard TD. Javon Walker was present but didnt get much work in. Walker participated in the conditioning drills but not in the football drills. The plan must be to work Walker in slowly over the summer. Watts still has hands of stone. Had several drops from Plummer and later Cutler. This could be the end of Watts in Denver. Lelie was not present.

    I really hope this is true about Tatum Bell

    Sounds like Watts is up to his old self.

  • #2
    Originally posted by oldustyballs
    I found this on the footballguys forums.

    QB: Jake Plummer looked sharp. Was delivering the ball accurately and crisply in the 7-on-7 drills and continued with his precision passing on 11-on-11 drills. Doesn't appear to be fazed by Jay Cutler looking over his shoulder. Jay Cutler got some work in but looked shaky as one would expect a rookie to look. Champ Bailey picked him off twice when Cutler failed to put enough mustard on the ball.

    RB: Tatum Bell was the rave of Day 1. Bell looked noticeably bigger and was in great condition. Bell ran exclusively with the first team and looked even more explosive than ever. He consistently ripped huge gains through the middle and outran defnders to the corner before cutting upfield for what would have easily been 10-15 yard gains. While Bell was focused and modest, you could see an air of confidence and swagger to him...something apparently Mike Shanahan liked because several people overheard him go up to Tatum Bell and ask him if he's ready to run for 1600. Bell was seen joking around with Plummer and Rod Smith as the second team got their reps. Ron Dayne looked solid, but unspectacular. Dayne ran with the second team and performed ok, had a case of fumbilitis for a while, but pulled himself together to finish the practice well. Dayne's conditioning looked ok, but he was noticeably winded after his drills. The dog of the day was Cedric Cobbs. He couldn't finish his conditioning drills, and Bobby Turner ripped him a new one. When Cobbs got some reps in he ran the wrong play, fumbled, and dropped an easy swing pass which set Mike Shanahan on fire. At this point, Cobbs looks like he'll be lucky to be carried on the practice squad. Cobbs was also limping after practice.

    WR: Rod Smith is...Rod Smith...Mr. reliable. Made some smooth catches and continues to be Plummer's go-to-man. Smith burned Champ Bailey for what appeared to have been about a 25-30 yard TD. Javon Walker was present but didnt get much work in. Walker participated in the conditioning drills but not in the football drills. The plan must be to work Walker in slowly over the summer. Watts still has hands of stone. Had several drops from Plummer and later Cutler. This could be the end of Watts in Denver. Lelie was not present.

    I really hope this is true about Tatum Bell

    Sounds like Watts is up to his old self.
    Hmmm By the sound of that, it doesnt seem like Cobbs isnt doing good at all(devilish smile).
    sigpic

    Comment


    • #3
      Originally posted by CB Bronco Fan
      Hmmm By the sound of that, it doesnt seem like Cobbs isnt doing good at all(devilish smile).
      I figured you would like that.

      Comment


      • #4
        alright, watts is a pro footbal player- the team should take all the money from fining lelie, and all of watts money--get a freakking neurologist and srugeon and fix his 3 fingers, or permanently attach little rubber grippies to his fingers and fingertips.

        he is just to good to waste
        So far:
        FA- Melvin Gordon. Brandon Scherff
        1. Kenneth Murray LB; 2. Shenault WR; 2B. Biadazz Center, 3. OT

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by underrated29
          alright, watts is a pro footbal player- the team should take all the money from fining lelie, and all of watts money--get a freakking neurologist and srugeon and fix his 3 fingers, or permanently attach little rubber grippies to his fingers and fingertips.

          he is just to good to waste
          Why would a brain doctor fix his fingers??????
          sigpic

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by underrated29
            alright, watts is a pro footbal player- the team should take all the money from fining lelie, and all of watts money--get a freakking neurologist and srugeon and fix his 3 fingers, or permanently attach little rubber grippies to his fingers and fingertips.

            he is just to good to waste
            There are so many contradicting reports here can you really believe Watts looked bad until something official is written? I mean I heard Tatum looked horrible, now he looks great. I heard Champ had no picks, but Cutler was picked by him twice. I heard Cutler only threw 1 pick and that was to D. Veal. I heard Javon did more than just drills. I heard Watts only dropped one or two passes but no more or less than any of the other recievers.

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by SimonSteele
              There are so many contradicting reports here can you really believe Watts looked bad until something official is written? I mean I heard Tatum looked horrible, now he looks great. I heard Champ had no picks, but Cutler was picked by him twice. I heard Cutler only threw 1 pick and that was to D. Veal. I heard Javon did more than just drills. I heard Watts only dropped one or two passes but no more or less than any of the other recievers.
              Everything you stated was from the morning session.

              Was there not two practices today.

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by oldustyballs
                Everything you stated was from the morning session.

                Was there not two practices today.
                i think that there were two today.
                sigpic

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by oldustyballs
                  Everything you stated was from the morning session.

                  Was there not two practices today.
                  Yeah, I didn't know the second had concluded though.

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    hey now boys i thought you would all catch the sarcasm in that

                    my apologies for not adding one of these

                    the neurologist tho, to me makes sense, because he has nerve damage, now i dont know if it just strictly in his fingers, but i would think that a brain seurgon would have a lot of knowledge on how nerves work and how to poetntially fix them. I also dont know what you would call a nerve doctor.

                    simon you are right, it was the morning session with nothing comfirmed, plus it si the first day, everyone usually has rust the first day.

                    lets hope he shakes it off
                    So far:
                    FA- Melvin Gordon. Brandon Scherff
                    1. Kenneth Murray LB; 2. Shenault WR; 2B. Biadazz Center, 3. OT

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      My God Tatum is going to be a monster

                      Looks like Baby TO has himself in the slot now too!
                      Last edited by ReleaseTheBeast7; 07-28-2006, 04:01 PM.
                      sigpic

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        I want to see how big tatum is now.
                        sigpic

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          this still the first day. expect players that struggled today to be better tomorrow. i think still has a chance to be the starter, but he can't be running the wrong play and fumbling tomorrow or shanahan is going to cut this running backbattle from 3 way race to a 2 way race. i think nerves go to cobbs to day. i expect him to put on a show tomorrow.

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Originally posted by CB Bronco Fan
                            Hmmm By the sound of that, it doesnt seem like Cobbs isnt doing good at all(devilish smile).
                            Yet it doesn't say ANYTHING about Mike Bell
                            sigpic

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Originally posted by ReleaseTheBeast7
                              Yet it doesn't say ANYTHING about Mike Bell
                              Shanny doesnt want our opponents this year to know anything about him. So they cant gameplan against him when he starts . Shanny is a Genius remember. But Mike Bell hasnt been covered alot in these reports. He isnt a big name player(yet )
                              sigpic

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X