X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ReleaseTheBeast7
    Yet it doesn't say ANYTHING about Mike Bell
    Found this about Mike .

.. RB Mike Bell fumbled the ball a play after running backs coach Bobby Turner was heard screaming at Tatum Bell to squeeze the ball when in traffic.

http://www.9news.com/acm_news.aspx?O...2-a9383dc2f691

Comment

Wrong

Originally posted by oldustyballs
      I found this on the footballguys forums.

QB: Jake Plummer looked sharp. Was delivering the ball accurately and crisply in the 7-on-7 drills and continued with his precision passing on 11-on-11 drills. Doesn't appear to be fazed by Jay Cutler looking over his shoulder. Jay Cutler got some work in but looked shaky as one would expect a rookie to look. Champ Bailey picked him off twice when Cutler failed to put enough mustard on the ball.

RB: Tatum Bell was the rave of Day 1. Bell looked noticeably bigger and was in great condition. Bell ran exclusively with the first team and looked even more explosive than ever. He consistently ripped huge gains through the middle and outran defnders to the corner before cutting upfield for what would have easily been 10-15 yard gains. While Bell was focused and modest, you could see an air of confidence and swagger to him...something apparently Mike Shanahan liked because several people overheard him go up to Tatum Bell and ask him if he's ready to run for 1600. Bell was seen joking around with Plummer and Rod Smith as the second team got their reps. Ron Dayne looked solid, but unspectacular. Dayne ran with the second team and performed ok, had a case of fumbilitis for a while, but pulled himself together to finish the practice well. Dayne's conditioning looked ok, but he was noticeably winded after his drills. The dog of the day was Cedric Cobbs. He couldn't finish his conditioning drills, and Bobby Turner ripped him a new one. When Cobbs got some reps in he ran the wrong play, fumbled, and dropped an easy swing pass which set Mike Shanahan on fire. At this point, Cobbs looks like he'll be lucky to be carried on the practice squad. Cobbs was also limping after practice.

WR: Rod Smith is...Rod Smith...Mr. reliable. Made some smooth catches and continues to be Plummer's go-to-man. Smith burned Champ Bailey for what appeared to have been about a 25-30 yard TD. Javon Walker was present but didnt get much work in. Walker participated in the conditioning drills but not in the football drills. The plan must be to work Walker in slowly over the summer. Watts still has hands of stone. Had several drops from Plummer and later Cutler. This could be the end of Watts in Denver. Lelie was not present.

I really hope this is true about Tatum Bell

Sounds like Watts is up to his old self.

The report on Cobbs was wrong. The player in question was #20, Mike Bell. He was the one in Turner's doghouse today....Cobbs was actually quite good today.
      With this rather glaring inaccuracy in reporting, I am mot sure I would believe anything more from the source.
      Last edited by MindField; 07-28-2006, 06:55 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by MindField
        The report on Cobbs was wrong. The player in question was #20, Mike Bell. He was the one in Turner's doghouse today....Cobbs was actually quite good today.
        With this rather glaring inaccuracy of reporting, I am mot sure I would believe anything more from the source.
        According to Kaylore on Mane, the only back that ran well this afternoon in pads was Mike Bell. He said Tatum was awful, Dayne ok, and Cobbs fairly weak.
        The human body has two ends on it: one to create with and one to sit on. Sometimes people get their ends reversed. When this happens they need a kick in the seat of the pants. --- Theodore Roosevelt

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by tnedator
          According to Kaylore on Mane, the only back that ran well this afternoon in pads was Mike Bell. He said Tatum was awful, Dayne ok, and Cobbs fairly weak.

I would respectfully disagree. Others I heard today, for example, called Dayne 'very impressive'....I can tell you Mike Bell was not. I would be willing to bet he will make his exit from the roster in the first round of cuts, if not before.

Comment

I would respectfully disagree. Others I heard today, for example, called Dayne 'very impressive'....I can tell you Mike Bell was not. I would be willing to bet he will make his exit from the roster in the first round of cuts, if not before.
            You can respectfully disagree all you want, but it isn't my opinion. I didn't see the practices. Here is the link to the post on Mane. Kaylore seems to give some pretty detailed reports and his opinion there and here seems to be very respected.

http://www.orangemane.com/BB/showpos...1&postcount=19
            The human body has two ends on it: one to create with and one to sit on. Sometimes people get their ends reversed. When this happens they need a kick in the seat of the pants. --- Theodore Roosevelt

sigpic

Comment

If fumbling the ball without contact is impressive, then I guess you're right!
              KHAAAAAAAAANNNNNNNNN!!!!!!!

Comment

more camp info

http://www.denverbroncos.com/page.ph...4&storyID=5780

Dove Valley Dispatches

ENTRIES
                Throughout training camp, Managing Editor Andrew Mason will offer some quick-hit observations from each practice. Entries will come throughout each day at irregular intervals, but as frequently as he can get around to it.

BRONCOS TV
                Get the lowdown on the tight ends, where Stephen Alexander provides the veteran leadership to a group of young and eager players.

LINING 'EM UP ...
                The first-team defense Friday morning didn't look much different than the one the Broncos utilized for most of last year: Darrent Williams and Champ Bailey on the corners; John Lynch and Nick Ferguson manning the safety slots; Ian Gold, Al Wilson and D.J. Williams as the linebackers and a defensive line composed of ends Courtney Brown and Ebenezer Ekuban with tackles Michael Myers and Gerard Warren.

The year-to-year consistency continued in the first wave of situational substitutions. When the defense went into its first-team nickel formation, D.J. Williams was replaced by second-year cornerback Domonique Foxworth. Safety Sam Brandon came in when the Broncos went to their first-team "big nickel" package, just as he did throughout the 2005 season.

"We're pretty stable," Wilson said. "We feel good about the nucleus we have. We've got a nice mix of veterans and young guys ... We kind of work together and we're just going to see how it comes out."

The only change among the first unit was inserting Ekuban -- who did play substantially last year and tied for the team lead in sacks -- for Trevor Pryce, who was released in Februrary.

But Wilson didn't think there would be any dropoff without Pryce's presence when he was asked about the subject this morning.

"There's not. Any time you miss a guy like Trevor, we definitely feel like it's a hole in there, but at the same time we have some guys that really know how to play the game," he said. '"hen you've got a Gerard Warren, Ebenezer Ekuban, Michael Myers, Courtney Brown -- veteran guys that know what it takes -- you can fill that void that we have."

Defensive coordinator Larry Coyer expressed a similar sentiment Thursday.

"I will miss (Pryce) personally, but I think it's probably best for Trevor and best for Denver," Coyer said. "I think this was something that was a positive for both parties and I'm sure he'll have a great year. I hope we go on and have a great year, but I will miss him personally."

*** Posted at 2:54 p.m. MDT ***

STARTING UP ...
                I choose not to start this series of entries with any grandiose sentiments that combine the sentimentality of a Hallmark card with the flowery prose of an overwrought romantic novel.

I'd rather get right to the point, so here goes:

Training camp got underway this morning with all players but Ashley Lelie present. Of those present, only Domenik Hixon sat out; he hasn't practiced fully since joining the team as a fourth-round pick.

The Broncos wasted little time getting straight to work; the receivers and cornerbacks had two one-on-one sessions -- one that began at midfield, and another that took place at the goal line consisting mostly of fade routes.

Turnovers were in short supply for the defense; Demetrin Veal notched the only interception of the day, nabbing a short pass up the middle off the arm of Jay Cutler. Ian Gold nearly had an interception in seven-on-seven drills earlier in the practice, while some extra hustle from Curome Cox allowed him to strip the football from running back Mike Bell.

The players practiced in shorts; Al Wilson thought they would put on shoulder pads when they re-took the field for the afternoon practice at 3:50 p.m., but he didn't think that the lack of pads was due to the morning heat; the temperature inched into the 80s about an hour into practice and registered 84 degrees by the time it ended.

"I doubt it," Wilson said. "It's not the time to take it easy."

Denver closed out the morning with some special-teams work for about half the players on the team.

Next session's at 3:50 p.m. MDT. More to come before then ...

Comment

Originally posted by Kaylore
                  If fumbling the ball without contact is impressive, then I guess you're right!
                  Guess I don't have to talk about the well respected reporter, since he can share his insight in person.

Great TC reports today.

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by SimonSteele
                    There are so many contradicting reports here can you really believe Watts looked bad until something official is written? I mean I heard Tatum looked horrible, now he looks great. I heard Champ had no picks, but Cutler was picked by him twice. I heard Cutler only threw 1 pick and that was to D. Veal. I heard Javon did more than just drills. I heard Watts only dropped one or two passes but no more or less than any of the other recievers.

I agree. I was at the practices, and in previous seasons, I offered my in depth reports from Camp. I have decided not to do that anymore, for this reason. For those of you not in Denver, who do you belive? It becomes confusing and frustrating. So I am limiting my reports to just some individual things I see when I am at practice.

But I heard the same thing...Tatum looked great, then I heard he sucked....then I heard Dayne was great, etc, etc....the truth is, to me both looked OK. The only thing I corrected was someone apparently got Mike Bell and Cedric Cobbs confused, because it was M. Bell that fumbled, dropped the passes and got reemed by Bobby Turner. That stuff happened right in front of me.

Comment

I agree. I was at the practices, and in previous seasons, I offered my in depth reports from Camp. I have decided not to do that anymore, for this reason. For those of you not in Denver, who do you belive? It becomes confusing and frustrating. So I am limiting my reports to just some individual things I see when I am at practice.

But I heard the same thing...Tatum looked great, then I heard he sucked....then I heard Dayne was great, etc, etc....the truth is, to me both looked OK. The only thing I corrected was someone apparently got Mike Bell and Cedric Cobbs confused, because it was M. Bell that fumbled, dropped the passes and got reemed by Bobby Turner. That stuff happened right in front of me.
                      I saw the dropped pass, but apparently missed the fumble.
                      KHAAAAAAAAANNNNNNNNN!!!!!!!

Comment

I agree. I was at the practices, and in previous seasons, I offered my in depth reports from Camp. I have decided not to do that anymore, for this reason. For those of you not in Denver, who do you belive? It becomes confusing and frustrating.
                        Couldn't of said it better.

I unfortunately sit on the other side of the world and the multitude of reports vary from person to person, quote to quote. It makes it a hard process in deciphering who to believe and what to take from training camp.

I will rely personally on the what I read from the official website and from Bronco TV.

No disrespect to any of the members on here contributing, though I am not up to speed on who is a reliable source for information. This time next year I should have a clearer picture, as of today I am unable to say that.

I will continue to read the different views from those attending camp with hope the general feel of what has happened on any given day remains largely consistent across the board. Opinions vary, granted, though those reading would like to think those offering an insight can tell a good play from a horrible one.

All in all, thanks for taking the time to share your thoughts on what is happening in training camp. I envy your position, one day soon I hopefully will be joining you

Comment

Working...
                        X