Lelie Traded For....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Hartley
    Baaa dont even bother trading him, I heard John Clayton say the teams have been offering 4th or 5th rounders, not worth it.
    Jones would be a nice trade though, but the bears have no intention of letting him go.
    I agree, next year he will be a restricted free agent. If some team signs him we will more than likly get a third round compensation pick out of that transaction. A third round pick is better than any backup player we will get in return from a trade.

Comment

Originally posted by jvw
      I agree, next year he will be a restricted free agent. If some team signs him we will more than likly get a third round compensation pick out of that transaction. A third round pick is better than any backup player we will get in return from a trade.
      Actually, Lelie will be an unrestricted free agent next year, assuming he shows up by week 10 this year and qualifies for an accrued season.

And then it will be adios muchacho. Might as well get something for him now if we can.
      "You can't take the sky from me..."
      ------
      "You can't shake the Devil's hand and say you're only kidding"

Comment

Originally posted by Javalon
        Actually, Lelie will be an unrestricted free agent next year, assuming he shows up by week 10 this year and qualifies for an accrued season.

And then it will be adios muchacho. Might as well get something for him now if we can.
        I was under the impression that any player after his fourth year was a restricted free agent if the contract went further than four years, am I wrong?

Comment

Originally posted by jvw
          I was under the impression that any player after his fourth year was a restricted free agent if the contract went further than four years, am I wrong?
          This will be Ashley's 5th accrued season, if he reports by game 10 or earlier. So, he'll be an UFA. That's why I'd probably settle for a 4th rounder if I were Shanny. It's better than nothing.
          "You can't take the sky from me..."
          ------
          "You can't shake the Devil's hand and say you're only kidding"

Comment

Think of it this way Javalon. Lelie comes in and plays to be eligible this year, helps us get to the Bowl. . . and win it of course. Plus, he doesn't sign here, goes somewhere else and puts up a monster season. We get help from him now, and in the long run with compensation.

Comment

Working...
            X