Kaylore Afternoon Report

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Kaylore Afternoon Report

Since I don't have permission to post, here is a link to the post on Mane.

http://www.orangemane.com/BB/showthread.php?t=44438

Some good stuff in here. It is in a series of posts. Keep going down. The RB's are his last post.
    The human body has two ends on it: one to create with and one to sit on. Sometimes people get their ends reversed. When this happens they need a kick in the seat of the pants. --- Theodore Roosevelt

sigpic

I see D Watts looked a lot better. What's especially key is that he was playing special teams...that's awesome. So much for that "it's the end of Watts in Denver" bull**** in that other thread.

Signing Nate Webster was AWESOME. We've been living dangerously for the last two or three years with minimal LB depth. Webster is a starting caliber player and will probably only be here for one year, but any contending team would love to have a player of his ilk.

I'd be surprised to see Adams make it past the first series of cuts...

Also, according to these reports, Bell didn't look so hot today. Funny, those other guys were saying that he was a surefire pro bowler. Just goes to show that you really can't put too much stock in the day-to-day happenings. We'll know who's looked good and who's looked bad in the end though...
    Last edited by WABronco; 07-28-2006, 07:01 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by WABronco
      I see D Watts looked a lot better. What's especially key is that he was playing special teams...that's awesome. So much for that "it's the end of Watts in Denver" bull**** in that other thread.

Signing Nate Webster was AWESOME. We've been living dangerously for the last two or three years with minimal LB depth. Webster is a starting caliber player and will probably only be here for one year, but any contending team would love to have a player of his ilk.

I'd be surprised to see Adams make it past the first series of cuts...

I can't read it because its telling me I have to log in....WA I know you are a OM guy, how about asking Kaylore to cut and paste his reports to all of us also. SO far they have been the best thing I have read all off season.

Comment

I will summarize:

Jay raw
        Jake awsome
        BVP is BVP
        Watts good
        Adams bad
        Scheffler good
        Jackson good
        Marshall not bad
        Dayne, Cobbs, T. Bell -- Bad
        M. Bell Good
        The human body has two ends on it: one to create with and one to sit on. Sometimes people get their ends reversed. When this happens they need a kick in the seat of the pants. --- Theodore Roosevelt

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by watchthemiddle
          I can't read it because its telling me I have to log in....WA I know you are a OM guy, how about asking Kaylore to cut and paste his reports to all of us also. SO far they have been the best thing I have read all off season.
          Yea, I'll ask him.

Comment

Originally posted by tnedator
            I will summarize:

Jay raw
            Jake awsome
            BVP is BVP
            Watts good
            Adams bad
            Scheffler good
            Jackson good
            Marshall not bad
            M. Bell Good

THanks...and...

Yea, I'll ask him.
            thanks

Comment

Originally posted by tnedator
              I will summarize:

Jay raw
              Jake awsome
              BVP is BVP
              Watts good
              Adams bad
              Scheffler good
              Jackson good
              Marshall not bad
              M. Bell Good

Mostly wrong. Mis-information is not good or useful information.

Comment

I gave permission. Thanks for asking.
                KHAAAAAAAAANNNNNNNNN!!!!!!!

Comment

Excerpts from Kaylore's reports

Offense-

Jay Cutler: He looked raw. He actually was better than this morning and more accurate. The problem is that he doesn't know the system and know his reads. He didn't get hardly any snaps by the end of camp today. I was a little perplexed but wrote it off to his lack of knowledge of the system. When he was in there, he made some nice throws. He puts heat on it and the receivers have trouble trying to catch it. His passes weren't as high as this morning, which is good news.

Jake Plummer: He drew the defense offsides three times. Lang jumped on one of them. No bad throws, in fact some really solid ones. He's really playing at a high level. He made to audibles at the line to read the blitz and both resulted in seven yard gains. He's really comfortable back there and Heimerdinger is doing a good job of improving his accuracy.

BVP: He looked like butt today at first and then by the end of camp he was in high gear. It started out he was lobbing lame ducks and threw into double coverage. Then he started playing better and making more throws. He completed a depp touchdown to Todd Devoe hich was nice exceot that he beat Jeff Shoate so it wasn't all that amazing. He's good at finding his tight ends especially on the roll outs.

Scheffler: I finally got to see Tony block and it was better than advertised. This kid is impressive. He's not a tackle but he sticks his guy and just churns his feet to cause disruption. Technique could improve, but his hands are so good it doesn't matter. He's great at finding the seams and settling in and in jump balls he usually wins.

Micah Knorr: He looked pretty bad. I only saw a few but they weren't that great. Kind of flat and not very deep. He got much better as he kicked.

Ernster: He was out-booting Sauerbrun. Easily the best of the three. I remembered him doing well, but that was sick. He had one that was in the air for seemingly forever.

Sauerbrun: Not the Todd I remember. A couple huge ones when he was warming up, but when they were doing the practice they just kept getting away from him.

Darius Watts: Zero drops and the most catches of the day. He made two grabs in traffic, one as he was getting sandwiched by Foxworth and Sam Brandon. Another when he was diving for the ball that was thrown toward the ground. Still amazing sepperation and quickness. Zero drops. He's also playing special teams, which helps keep you out of Shanny's dog house.

David Terrell: He surprised me. His routes looke like crap this morning and he was much better. He was the best at selling the pump and go. Than ran a lot routes attacking a Tamba Cover 2 like the kind they're going to run in KC - you know that crap team that lost both their tackles. Anyway, he was the best at running out and in routes to pull the safety off and then come back into the middle. A way of attacking safeties playing out side.

Brandon Marshall: Good physical speciment but struggles with quickness and precision in his routes. He doesn't settle into his comebacks or jog-and-go's enough to get the defenders to bite. He can block like a mofo-though.

Charlie Adams: Charlie looked very average to me (again) he was thrown to twice and dropped it.

Tatum Bell - Pretty lame. Ran into the backs of his blockers. Didn't even try to cut back. Hasn't broken any thing big yet. I think our line needs some work getting holes because no one was really getting much in the way of rushing.

Dayne: Dayne was alright. He kept his balance the best but he had a fumble. Broke some tackles but generally runs pretty soft. Good vision but not the scarriest runner.

Mike Bell: He was great today. Really plowed through the hole and broke a thirty yard run. He was the only guy to really cut back in the run and it helped him. He's got some potential.

Cedric Cobbs: Better vision but not great balance. Stubles aroound a lot. It's partly rolling with the hits, but he could stand to try and keep his feet under his shoulders so he's not so unbalanced.

Defense-

Defensive Line: Our Rushing offense has done very little. You might have noticed I don't talk about it much and the reason is that the backs generally get swallowed by the D-line. They also are getting a good amount of push from the outside this time, which is good news.

Sam Brandon: He played quite well. He's kind of got a nasty streak, which I like. He closes quickly and you can tell he wants to take people out. I don't mind that one bit. He blew up a couple guys including David Kircus. There was a guy next to me who said "Hey, he really nailed Ed McCaffrey." It was pretty funny.

Nate Webster: Holy crap this guy is hilarious. He's an animal out there! I mean he totally blew up Tatum Bell and was playing real strong in coverage.

DJ Williams: DJ is looking like a more complete player right now. I think he has room to grow, but he's learing to couple his athleticsim with football skills. Great at attacking the rush and his blitzing has improved. He pulled a swim move on Kyle Johnson. I was like "DJ Williams just used a swim move!"
                  For more coverage, check out the Orange Mane.

Comment

nice solid post again.

THe QB news should be of no surprise to any of us. We all knew Jay would struggle and will continue doing so. ITs nice to hear Jake audibling and it seems like Heim is already bringing new things to the table.

SInce the QB situation is locked up its nice to hear about what the RB's and WR's are doing.

Comment

So...

There are posters on these boards that think that national personalities, who have played and coached the game for years are full of it when they say something negative about Jake or the Broncos,

but someone from another discussion board gives us a report from viewing ONE day of practice from the stands, and it confirms that everything is A-OK in Broncoland.

You guys crack me up!!
                      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by broncos_mtnman
                        You guys crack me up!!
                        I'm sure I speak for all of us 'guys' when I say, "I am glad we can bring a little chuckle to your day."

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by broncos_mtnman
                          So...

There are posters on these boards that think that national personalities, who have played and coached the game for years are full of it when they say something negative about Jake or the Broncos,

but someone from another discussion board gives us a report from viewing ONE day of practice from the stands, and it confirms that everything is A-OK in Broncoland.

You guys crack me up!!

WHy??

.....Because HE was actually at BOTH practices today and saw with his own two eyes players at camp??

Don't worry, Cutler will get it someday...he will make his reads and know the playbook someday...just not by week three....Bwahahah...Bwhahahha....its only day one...no need to worry just yet.

Comment

According to that, Mike Bell Did Awesome. but does any body have any video.
                            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by CB Bronco Fan
                              According to that, Mike Bell Did Awesome. but does any body have any video.
                              We do, it's being hosted.
                              KHAAAAAAAAANNNNNNNNN!!!!!!!

Comment

Working...
                              X