Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Jake suffering from Drew Brees syndrome?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jake suffering from Drew Brees syndrome?

By all accounts Plummer is doing pretty well in camp. Although, some members may be dissappointed in any improvements that Jake has shown, I'm pretty excited.

All the camp reports, the stuff that Kaylore posted over at the Mane, all make me one happy fan.

So what do you guys think? What do you think caused this? Familiarity with the system? His new offensive coaching staff? Or maybe he feels pressure from Cutler?

Originally posted by dontfeedthenerd
    So what do you guys think? What do you think caused this? Familiarity with the system? His new offensive coaching staff? Or maybe he feels pressure from Cutler?
    While you can't completely discount the pressure from Cutler factor, it seems to me it would just be a progression of him getting each year he has been here. Whether that is from familiarity with the system, or better QB coaches here then in AZ, I don't know. I just hope the trend continues.
    The human body has two ends on it: one to create with and one to sit on. Sometimes people get their ends reversed. When this happens they need a kick in the seat of the pants. --- Theodore Roosevelt

sigpic

Comment

By all accounts Plummer is doing pretty well in camp. Although, some members may be dissappointed in any improvements that Jake has shown, I'm pretty excited.

All the camp reports, the stuff that Kaylore posted over at the Mane, all make me one happy fan.

Haha, Drew Brees syndrome.

Comment

If real compatition is what it takes for Jake to win us a superbowl thats cool with me.

But if were winning games and our post season deal is done one way or another is Shanny smart enough to give the kid some reps. I wouldn't want to be Rivers right now.
        2014 adopt a Bronco #63 Ben Garland

Comment

Familiarity with the system

I actually just believe it is all the years already in system and experience. He is running with first team. It is same ol practice to him like most vets.

I also think he knows of Cutlers pressence but maybe in a way that if he does not win the super bowl this year. He never will.

Comment

Originally posted by NVBroncfan
            I wouldn't want to be Rivers right now.
            I would love to be Rivers right now. People play their butt off through College and training to be in the situation he is at right now.

Some of the best talented people are unable to be in the position he is at do to injuries. He is going to be starting QB with 2 years learning system under his belt. He is in a great situation.

Including he has the Running back with the best hands in the NFL right now and a great TE.

He should have Mcardell for another year.

Comment

I sure wouldn't mind Jake having a similar season to Brees in '04. With better playoff results of course.
              Thanks for everything Shanny :salute!:

Comment

Originally posted by BroncoFlyhalf
                I sure wouldn't mind Jake having a similar season to Brees in '04. With better playoff results of course.
                exactlty.

Comment

all the above + better weapons, or more familiar with the weapons too
                  So far:
                  FA- Melvin Gordon. Brandon Scherff
                  1. Kenneth Murray LB; 2. Shenault WR; 2B. Biadazz Center, 3. OT

Comment

On another note, I wouldn't exactly call it suffering from Drew Brees syndrome .
                    RIP Darrent Williams

Comment

Originally posted by tnedator
                      While you can't completely discount the pressure from Cutler factor, it seems to me it would just be a progression of him getting each year he has been here. Whether that is from familiarity with the system, or better QB coaches here then in AZ, I don't know. I just hope the trend continues.

I agree.

I think a lot can be taken into consideration with Jake's progress. His experience in the system, more targets, more confidence that he gained from last year, etc. He's also a competitor among the QBs and he knows that he still does have to compete.

Drew Brees syndrome? Of course a little.

Comment

Originally posted by NBudris
                        I actually just believe it is all the years already in system and experience. He is running with first team. It is same ol practice to him like most vets.

I also think he knows of Cutlers pressence but maybe in a way that if he does not win the super bowl this year. He never will.
                        I would agree that the experience has something to do with it but to finally have several quality receivers for Jake to pass to is something new in Broncos land.

Comment

Jake is Chill

Jake will do fine this year. Last year was great and I don't see him having any sets backs. But it will be next year that the team will have to start looking at what the best option will be. Hopefully this season doesn't tank on us or there will be "Cutler" chants beaming down all over Ivesco Field on Sunday afternoons.
                          2007 Season- Allllll Readddddy!!!!! #27

Comment

Originally posted by BayAreaBronco
                            I agree.

I think a lot can be taken into consideration with Jake's progress. His experience in the system, more targets, more confidence that he gained from last year, etc. He's also a competitor among the QBs and he knows that he still does have to compete.

Drew Brees syndrome? Of course a little.
                            You know that whatever will give Jake the least amount of credit will be adopted as the reason . . .

-----

Comment

Go Jake!!!

If he is "suffering from Drew Brees Syndrome" then how do you explain his success last year???

Jake will have a better season this year. More targets, different OC calling some new plays, and coming off his best season ever.

Comment

Working...
                              X