Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Jake suffering from Drew Brees syndrome?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by dontfeedthenerd
    By all accounts Plummer is doing pretty well in camp. Although, some members may be dissappointed in any improvements that Jake has shown, I'm pretty excited.

All the camp reports, the stuff that Kaylore posted over at the Mane, all make me one happy fan.

So what do you guys think? What do you think caused this? Familiarity with the system? His new offensive coaching staff? Or maybe he feels pressure from Cutler?
    Drew Brees syndrome? So your saying he'll be playing in the NFC south in a few years.
    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Sam24
      Drew Brees syndrome? So your saying he'll be playing in the NFC south in a few years.
      We can only hope...
      sigpic

Comment

The similarities are pretty uncanny. However, I wouldn't call it a "syndrome." To me this is a positive thing. Although Plummer brought us to the AFCCG and Brees was on the tail end of a crappy season, this still entices him to improve himself more. It'll be interesting to see how Rivers comes out of this, but historically it seems to be good for a young QB to have very limited action in games and learn the NFL more first, the transition will be a lot smoother for Cutler IMO.

Brees stepped up to the plate and kept his job and landed himself somewhere else nicely. I hope that Jake can do the same. If he has a fabulous year, he won't make Cutler come in. And if Shanny and Co. feel like dealing him and letting Cutler get going in a year or so (which I don't see happening if he wins a SB, but do if he does not), then the best he can do is make himself that marketable.

Either way, Jake isn't dealing with this situation ungracefully, and I respect him for it. He needs to put his sights onto the field, just like Brees did. I think he will, as he has already shown his ability to improve.
        Go Broncos, make me keep believing this year

Comment

Originally posted by Dean
          I would agree that the experience has something to do with it but to finally have several quality receivers for Jake to pass to is something new in Broncos land.

I think the key term should be consistent quality WRs.

He has always had potential WRs on the squad, but never knew for sure where they would be or if he threw the ball it would be caught.

Comment

Originally posted by DenverFan07
            Jake will do fine this year. Last year was great and I don't see him having any sets backs. But it will be next year that the team will have to start looking at what the best option will be. Hopefully this season doesn't tank on us or there will be "Cutler" chants beaming down all over Ivesco Field on Sunday afternoons.
            I can hear the chants already just because the kid is on the field in a uniform. for no other reason than some "fans" and I use that term loosely hate Jake.

Comment

Originally posted by watchthemiddle
              Go Jake!!!

If he is "suffering from Drew Brees Syndrome" then how do you explain his success last year???

Jake will have a better season this year. More targets, different OC calling some new plays, and coming off his best season ever.

As usual you make alot of sense. points 2U

Comment

Originally posted by MN-Broncofreak
                The similarities are pretty uncanny. However, I wouldn't call it a "syndrome." To me this is a positive thing. Although Plummer brought us to the AFCCG and Brees was on the tail end of a crappy season, this still entices him to improve himself more. It'll be interesting to see how Rivers comes out of this, but historically it seems to be good for a young QB to have very limited action in games and learn the NFL more first, the transition will be a lot smoother for Cutler IMO.

Brees stepped up to the plate and kept his job and landed himself somewhere else nicely. I hope that Jake can do the same. If he has a fabulous year, he won't make Cutler come in. And if Shanny and Co. feel like dealing him and letting Cutler get going in a year or so (which I don't see happening if he wins a SB, but do if he does not), then the best he can do is make himself that marketable.

Either way, Jake isn't dealing with this situation ungracefully, and I respect him for it. He needs to put his sights onto the field, just like Brees did. I think he will, as he has already shown his ability to improve.
                How true, one on a crappy team drafting in the top 3 for a few years in a row and the other team not drafting til the late teens for over a decade.

A #42 pick/#11 vs a #32/#4 pick.

Yep I see the similarities also.

Jake has more class than a few "fans" give him credit for.

Personally If I were Jake I'd ask to be traded just to get out of QB Hate City USA. Never in all my travels have I seen a town that rags on its QB like that of DEN , well maybe PHL but they are the worst sports city in the nation. Rabid is a good term.

Comment

Originally posted by JRWIZ
                  How true, one on a crappy team drafting in the top 3 for a few years in a row and the other team not drafting til the late teens for over a decade.

A #42 pick/#11 vs a #32/#4 pick.

Yep I see the similarities also.

Jake has more class than a few "fans" give him credit for.

Personally If I were Jake I'd ask to be traded just to get out of QB Hate City USA. Never in all my travels have I seen a town that rags on its QB like that of DEN , well maybe PHL but they are the worst sports city in the nation. Rabid is a good term.
                  I dunno, Daunte caught a whole lot of heat pretty consistently in Minnesota. But I would definitely agree that Denver is very rough on it's QB's post-Elway

I think back to Jake's first year sometimes and when he had his injury...man that was a scary situation of QB's that we had goin. Felt good to have Jake in there and he has been pretty durable since.

Whatever happens to him, I wish him the best...
                  Go Broncos, make me keep believing this year

Comment

Originally posted by JRWIZ
                    I can hear the chants already just because the kid is on the field in a uniform. for no other reason than some "fans" and I use that term loosely hate Jake.
                    Actually since I've been on the board I've only noticed one or two that dislike Plummer. I can't understand where all this Jake "hating" comes from.
                    As the great divide in America continues we are causing harm to our future generations by avoiding what needs to be done.

More people recognize Britney Spears than Dick Cheney.

Comment

Originally posted by vandyman53
                      Actually since I've been on the board I've only noticed one or two that dislike Plummer. I can't understand where all this Jake "hating" comes from.
                      Well, Vandy...

Being somewhat new here, you'll soon learn that if you don't drool all over Jake...

If you don't consider him the best QB for the money...

If you don't blame the defense for every loss and give Jake credit for every win...

That labels you a "hater" in the eyes of Jake's supporters.

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by broncos_mtnman
                        Well, Vandy...

Being somewhat new here, you'll soon learn that if you don't drool all over Jake...

If you don't consider him the best QB for the money...

If you don't blame the defense for every loss and give Jake credit for every win...

That labels you a "hater" in the eyes of Jake's supporters.

The truth falls on deaf ears.....Good post mtnman.

Comment

Originally posted by vandyman53

Just wait till game time and if he burps wrong you'd think it was a capital crime.

Your correct there are only a couple of haters on the forum, but they make up for it in the spamming everytime a post is made about JAKE.

Comment

All this talk about Jake this and Jake that, he played good for the little while he was in there. Even the commentator said he looked like he was in mid-season form... our problem is not Offense. Our problem is the defense! Mainly the Defensive line.... didn't you guys see how the lions marched the ball up and down the field on us. Missed tackles, lions receivers running around wide open.... come on lets get off Jake and the offense for once, focus on that 29th in league sack crap. Why are our defensive linemen in pass coverge and linebackers rushing... even time we get beat with that crap, just like last year. Defensive as they say wins championships(IE Steelers) Our D looks like crap so far, or at least the same as last year.

Comment

Working...
                            X