Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Day 2 Quick Offense Notes on morning practice.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Day 2 Quick Offense Notes on morning practice.

QB - Jay Cutler was on today and throwing rockets across the middle like in the days of Elway. Still throwing off his back foot a bit and seems to have a funny delivery every now and then, but overall looked great. Give him a year or two.

Jake Plummer looked great again today. Good to see him getting the freedom to audible at the line a bit more. Seems to be building a good rapport with Javon as he connected many a times with him.

BVP looked decent. Not much else to say about that.

RB - Tatum Bell still running into the backs of his blockers. Ive been watching him do this since he got here and its really getting old. Everything i saw from him was pretty unimpressive. He does not seem to practice to hard either, which i have heard complaints about in the past.

Ron Dayne had a few decent runs, but did not stand out either. Had a cutback across the field run where he lost his shorts! IMO Dayne is still gonna be the guy though.

Mike Bell looked pretty good, stood out more than anyone else i would say today. Had some decent runs when he got the chance.

Cecil Sapp still running with the first team offense most of the time.

Cedric Cobbs didnt stand out once.

WR - This is the area that has me really excited. There is ALOT of talent here. Javon Walker looked great, shielding Champ from the ball, getting the best of D Will a few times, and running fluid, precise routes with the utmost of ease. Todd Devoe and Brandon Marshall ran with the first team offense from time to time and IMO the 3rd reciever spot is gonna be down to these two. I did not see alot of Darius Watts. All of the recievers were catching everything thrown their way, and its gonna be sad to see a few of these guys cut. If i had to guess how this will look at the start of the season its gonna be Rod & Javon, with Devoe, Marshall, Watts, and Terrell fighting out those last 3 or 4 spots.

TE - We are gonna be fine here. Scheffler and ALexander were making nice grabs, and blocking well. I am much more excited about Scheffler being our pass catching TE than Putzier after seeing him practice one day.

O Line - Solid and alot of depth. Kinda hard to judge their play though. George Foster is freakin huge.

Mike Bell looked pretty good, stood out more than anyone else i would say today. Had some decent runs when he got the chance.
    Good for Mike Bell. Thanks for the update.
    sigpic

Comment

Good news about our receivers and tight ends.

Hopefully our RB's will step it up. Tatum Bell was lethargic in last year's camp as well.

Comment

I know it's early but qb and wr looking good does not bode well for our D-LINE. Pass rush- Tpryce I hardly knew you.

Comment

Originally posted by SouthernBronco
          I know it's early but qb and wr looking good does not bode well for our D-LINE. Pass rush- Tpryce I hardly knew you.
          At the same time we shouldn't panic yet either, since they aren't allowed to hit the Qb. Kaylore pointed out that some of the receptions would have been sacks except the guys pulled up before hitting the QB.

Comment

Thanks for the update.
            The human body has two ends on it: one to create with and one to sit on. Sometimes people get their ends reversed. When this happens they need a kick in the seat of the pants. --- Theodore Roosevelt

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by SouthernBronco
              Well our RBs aren't looking so good right now which could mean our rush D is the same, if not, better.

Comment

Thanks for the update and thoughts.
                Go Broncos!!! - Hosea 10:12

Comment

Hello and thanks for the updates. I agree This could mean good things for our Def.

Not to mention that our backs find games easier than practice.

Comment

Working...
                  X