Mike Bell, legit starter possibility?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mike Bell, legit starter possibility?

It is a bit early in training camp to make bold assumptions but if you've read any official or member given reports, you will find that Mike Bell has stood out more than any other running back in the first 3 days of training camp. I really like that we brought him in here from free agency, because he is the prototype back for the system. He has great size, but has the agility to make the one quick cut that our system is based on, and the pure speed to out leg alot of defenders (at the combine he was listed as 4.60 but many scout point out that he is much faster than the numbers will tell you).

One other thing that is very important is he has an extremely low center of gravity and his difficult to bring down, now as you read this report from yours truly, who could you draw comparisons to? Well none other than the great TD himself. The only negatives i see from him is his durability. He has not proven he can handle the 25 carry workload, but I think that problem can be resolved with our depth. Right now, id put the odds at him being the starter at 20-1, with Bell at 10-1, and Dayne at 15-1. At the very least, I am 100% confident he will make the 3rd spot.
    Blet

Even if training camp continues as is, with him being the only RB doing well, I dont think he has too much of a chance of being a started unless he is also increadible in preseason. I am rooting fro him though and hope he does well.
    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by OrangePeel
      It is a bit early in training camp to make bold assumptions but if you've read any official or member given reports, you will find that Mike Bell has stood out more than any other running back in the first 3 days of training camp. I really like that we brought him in here from free agency, because he is the prototype back for the system. He has great size, but has the agility to make the one quick cut that our system is based on, and the pure speed to out leg alot of defenders (at the combine he was listed as 4.60 but many scout point out that he is much faster than the numbers will tell you).

One other thing that is very important is he has an extremely low center of gravity and his difficult to bring down, now as you read this report from yours truly, who could you draw comparisons to? Well none other than the great TD himself. The only negatives i see from him is his durability. He has not proven he can handle the 25 carry workload, but I think that problem can be resolved with our depth. Right now, id put the odds at him being the starter at 20-1, with Bell at 10-1, and Dayne at 15-1. At the very least, I am 100% confident he will make the 3rd spot.
      I'm really glad to hear that he is doing well, because I wanted us to draft him. Im glad we got him in FA...

I think that if he keeps standing out in TC and does better than everyone else in preseason...I think he could be the starter.

the best man should start right? So far he seems like the best man because he has outplayed everyone else.

if he doesnt even get the 3rd spot it would be a big mistake
      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Prodigal19
        Even if training camp continues as is, with him being the only RB doing well, I dont think he has too much of a chance of being a started unless he is also increadible in preseason. I am rooting fro him though and hope he does well.

I've heard TBell is having a good camp also.

EDIT: Nevermind. Now I see that he is struggling.

Although I do want the best player for the job, I am not excited about Mike Bell as the starter. It would almost be like the other players were being demoted, instead of him earning it.

Doesn't say alot about the other players.
        Last edited by silkamilkamonic; 07-30-2006, 07:05 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by silkamilkamonic
          I've heard TBell is having a good camp also.
          Thats kind of news to me, everything I've heard says he's hasnt really impressed much.
          2014 adopt a Bronco #63 Ben Garland

Comment

Originally posted by NVBroncfan
            Thats kind of news to me, everything I've heard says he's hasnt really impressed much.

Apparently you missed the "EDIT" part.

Comment

Originally posted by NVBroncfan
              Mike Bell is looking awesome. he's really gonna be something special. If injuries occur he could have a legit shot. But u also gotta take into consideration that he's running with 3rd and 4th teamers. He's definetly gonna shine running with them.
              My adopt-a-bronco is.......Ron Dayne

Comment

Originally posted by Heisman 99'
                Mike Bell is looking awesome. he's really gonna be something special. If injuries occur he could have a legit shot. But u also gotta take into consideration that he's running with 3rd and 4th teamers. He's definetly gonna shine running with them.
                True, I would like to see what he can do against some better competition.

Comment

Originally posted by Heisman 99'
                  You make a good point... Also realize that Dayne is having a solid camp against the 1st/2nd team so far...

Again, we're only 3 days into it.
                  sigpic

Comment

Whoever wins the job should do fine...it's Denver. Our running game NEVER fails.

Comment

yea,

Originally posted by ReleaseTheBeast7
                      You make a good point... Also realize that Dayne is having a solid camp against the 1st/2nd team so far...

Again, we're only 3 days into it.
                      thanx,. i just wanna point that out before everyone gets to excited. Hopefully if he keeps makin this type of progress, it may be a combo of Dayne/MBell. Dayne has stated he doesnt mind splitting carries, long as he's playing. And it seems to me there the only ones making progress. Dayne 1st and 2nd downs, MBell on 3rd downs. But another knock on MBell is that he's a very good player running under the heat. It's been pretty scortching wheather out there, and due to the fact he played 4 yrs at Arizona( one of the hottest states in America) this is is wheather. More power to him if its gonna move him up. Just wanna see if he's the same when october rolls around.
                      Last edited by Heisman 99'; 07-30-2006, 07:55 PM.
                      My adopt-a-bronco is.......Ron Dayne

Comment

Originally posted by WABronco
                        Whoever wins the job should do fine...it's Denver. Our running game NEVER fails.
                        Unless the runningbacks name is Quentin Griffin
                        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by ReleaseTheBeast7
                          Unless the runningbacks name is Quentin Griffin
                          Even there, he had some sucess, and after him, we still found a 1200 rusher in droughns even though he didnt start until game 4 or 5 (cant remember exactly, but i know it was the game after his TB performance)
                          Blet

Comment

Mike Bell is explosive and decisive in his cuts. He is the only back next to Marty Johnson who is playing with any kind of tenacity. I should also mention that they rotate which team defense matches up against a certain offense. So the number four team gets to go against the second, third and even first team defense on occation.

As for Mike Bell being a starter, lets see him in some preseason games and finish camp first. It's only been three days of training camp, so we have a ways to go.
                            KHAAAAAAAAANNNNNNNNN!!!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by OrangePeel
                              Even there, he had some sucess, and after him, we still found a 1200 rusher in droughns even though he didnt start until game 4 or 5 (cant remember exactly, but i know it was the game after his TB performance)
                              It was week 5 against Carolina
                              sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X