Mike Bell, legit starter possibility?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

One thing

This "he is used ot the heat" argument is complete bs.

One person posted it in a thread on the mane and now everyone accepts it as fact. Look, these guys are professionals. They condition themselves for 30 carries a game for 24 games (4 + 16 + 4). You dont honestly think that 10 carries in 90 degree heat is going to destroy their endurance, do you? This is the epitome of making excuses.
    Superintendent Chalmers: "Thank the Lord"? That sounded like a prayer. A prayer in a public school. God has no place within these walls, just like facts don't have a place within an organized religion."

Comment

Originally posted by OrangePeel
      It is a bit early in training camp to make bold assumptions but if you've read any official or member given reports, you will find that Mike Bell has stood out more than any other running back in the first 3 days of training camp. I really like that we brought him in here from free agency, because he is the prototype back for the system. He has great size, but has the agility to make the one quick cut that our system is based on, and the pure speed to out leg alot of defenders (at the combine he was listed as 4.60 but many scout point out that he is much faster than the numbers will tell you).

One other thing that is very important is he has an extremely low center of gravity and his difficult to bring down, now as you read this report from yours truly, who could you draw comparisons to? Well none other than the great TD himself. The only negatives i see from him is his durability. He has not proven he can handle the 25 carry workload, but I think that problem can be resolved with our depth. Right now, id put the odds at him being the starter at 20-1, with Bell at 10-1, and Dayne at 15-1. At the very least, I am 100% confident he will make the 3rd spot.
      he may have a slow 40 time, but he has game speed. when you watch him he makes you think theres no way he ran a 4.60.

Comment

Here's his draft profile:http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/draft/p...tentId=5527528

Comment

Originally posted by OrangePeel
          Even there, he had some sucess, and after him, we still found a 1200 rusher in droughns even though he didnt start until game 4 or 5 (cant remember exactly, but i know it was the game after his TB performance)
          We were playing the Carolina Panthers at home. It was Droughns' first game at the starting RB and Johnson's first as our starting FB.
          John 11: 25-27

My Adopt-A-Bronco is D.J. Williams

Thanks Snk16

Comment

Originally posted by D.J.55
            he may have a slow 40 time, but he has game speed. when you watch him he makes you think theres no way he ran a 4.60.
            TD was the same way. He played faster than he timed.
            John 11: 25-27

My Adopt-A-Bronco is D.J. Williams

Thanks Snk16

Comment

What have I been tellling you guys recently. GO MIKE BELL
              sigpic

Comment

Mike Bell, legit starter possibility?

yeah if all the rbs go down. Of course he's gonna be in there. And if he keeps performing like the last 2 days, he cold be a legit #3 or 2. But i think its just way to early to tell. Good to know and see he's working hard though.

big ups to snk16.

Comment

Working...
                X