The 3 Quarterbacks

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The 3 Quarterbacks

Well, training camp is only 3 days old yet I've formed some early opinions on the "Big Three" quarterbacks.

Vince Young-Has trouble with a wet ball, and as figured to quick to tuck and run. His throwing motion already has had one batted down at the line.

Matt Leinart-Still holed up in some hotel room in Hollywood with Paris Hilton. He'll be on catch up.

Jay Cutler-Gee, aren't the Broncos lucky that "Jaws", Young, and Simms probably hit him right on the head.
    As the great divide in America continues we are causing harm to our future generations by avoiding what needs to be done.

More people recognize Britney Spears than Dick Cheney.

Originally posted by vandyman53
    Well, training camp is only 3 days old yet I've formed some early opinions on the "Big Three" quarterbacks.

Vince Young-Has trouble with a wet ball, and as figured to quick to tuck and run. His throwing motion already has had one batted down at the line.

Matt Leinart-Still holed up in some hotel room in Hollywood with Paris Hilton. He'll be on catch up.

Jay Cutler-Gee, aren't the Broncos lucky that "Jaws", Young, and Simms probably hit him right on the head.
    I would say that just given what your username is that your opinion isn't expected to go any other way. If Cutler came out and threw 2 passes for interceptions and didnt throw another pass all day you would probably still say the same things about the 3 and how Cutler is god himself. I think we should wait for them to start though before trying to compare and judge them. People have said just as many things negative about Cutler in camp as they have about Young.

Comment

Originally posted by jhns
      I would say that just given what your username is that your opinion isn't expected to go any other way. If Cutler came out and threw 2 passes for interceptions and didnt throw another pass all day you would probably still say the same things about the 3 and how Cutler is god himself. I think we should wait for them to start though before trying to compare and judge them. People have said just as many things negative about Cutler in camp as they have about Young.
      There is only one GOD. Get Leinart out of Paris's room, and Vince does have trouble with the wet ball. Just observations. Same as anyone elses. My opinion counts also. A 3 day observation.
      As the great divide in America continues we are causing harm to our future generations by avoiding what needs to be done.

Comment

There is only one GOD. Get Leinart out of Paris's room, and Vince does have trouble with the wet ball. Just observations. Same as anyone elses. My opinion counts also. A 3 day observation.
        Oh I agree with the Leihnart and Young obvservations because for Young I have been reading the exact things you are saying. I was just stating that your bias toward Cutler makes you point out downfalls of the other 2 while not doing it for Cutler who has had issues that I have heard of as well.

Don't get me wrong though, I love having Cutler. I do believe he will be the best not only for the raw talent he has but he also came to the best team and by far the best coaching staff (that will develope him) out of the 3 QB's. There is no question in my mind that as long as no drastic coaching changes happen here in Denver that Cutler is going to have the far better career.

Comment

Tennessee has a GREAT coaching staff. I love Shanahan, but I'm not going to say we have a better coaching staff by "far." I think Shanahan respects Fisher as much as anyone.

Comment

Originally posted by jhns
            Oh I agree with the Leihnart and Young obvservations because for Young I have been reading the exact things you are saying. I was just stating that your bias toward Cutler makes you point out downfalls of the other 2 while not doing it for Cutler who has had issues that I have heard of as well.

Don't get me wrong though, I love having Cutler. I do believe he will be the best not only for the raw talent he has but he also came to the best team and by far the best coaching staff (that will develope him) out of the 3 QB's. There is no question in my mind that as long as no drastic coaching changes happen here in Denver that Cutler is going to have the far better career.
            I agree. Jay couldn't have come into a better situation. I jumped for joy when the Broncos traded up. Shannahan and 'Dinger are great developers of talent.

Leinart needs to wake up however. I sorta figured he was gonna be this way. I can't understand what his holdup is. He will drop way behind if he stays out of camp too long. This is the time of year he gets his reps and not during the season.

I comment on Cutler because he is a player's player, and a coach's plalyer also.

Comment

Originally posted by Ravage!!!
              Tennessee has a GREAT coaching staff. I love Shanahan, but I'm not going to say we have a better coaching staff by "far." I think Shanahan respects Fisher as much as anyone.
              I still think Shanny is way better than Fisher. I tend to rank the coaches weird though. I usually have around a top 5 list (just depending on how many there are at the time) and just don't think people that aren't on that list are even near it. Pretty much meaning if you aren't a great coach you aren't a very good coach. Shanny has won a lot more games with a LOT less talent than most any current coach in this league. I will not go as far as to say that he is the best in the league even now because unless he gets another SB I have him ranked at 3. You have to admit though that for his offensive rankings the past few years and the stats that those offenses put up there wasn't a lot of super talent on the team. Plus the fact that you can't even really look at a lot of coaches in the league now to rank them because there are the teams that keep going through coaches like its going out of style. By that I mean that you need to let a coach stay with a team for a minimum of 3-4 years to really get his kind of players set in place and his system working well. So in all I would say Shanny is #3 and the Bronco staff is by far better than the Tennessee staff. - that being last years since the Texans stole a lot of our staff and we are going to have to see what these guys do.

Comment

Denver is lucky to have Jay and he is lucky to have Denver. They are a good fit.

Did you see that Jay threw another TD again today on 11-11 drills.

The only 11-11 drills Hollywood is doing is

----------------------------------------------
                I work at Vanderbilt University

Where Jay Graduated!

I tell you I love Elway! He was my hero growing up. I loved the way he threw the ball with velocity! I love that in a QB. This is why I am a Cutlerfan!!

Comment

Hollywood is doing 1 on 1 drills with Ms. Hilton

Comment

Just one tid bit of information for you. Elway hated throwing a wet ball.
                    John 11: 25-27

My Adopt-A-Bronco is D.J. Williams

Thanks Snk16

Comment

qbs

i agree it is way too early to make judgement on any of them even though i too think cutler is the best

and on hollywood and paris can you blame him i would be all over that

Comment

There is only one GOD.
                        And may Elway smite anyone who says different!

Comment

Originally posted by TXBRONC
                          Just one tid bit of information for you. Elway hated throwing a wet ball.
                          I don't know any QB that likes to throw the wet heavy thing. However, some are able to sling it, and some not so good. The size of the hands do have something to do with it, however the last Vandy QB to take them to a bowl(before Noah) was a small 5'11" QB with small hands. He could really sling it in the rain.

Comment

I don't know any QB that likes to throw the wet heavy thing. However, some are able to sling it, and some not so good. The size of the hands do have something to do with it, however the last Vandy QB to take them to a bowl(before Noah) was a small 5'11" QB with small hands. He could really sling it in the rain.
                            What I was trying to get at is that Elway had trouble throwing a wet bad.
                            John 11: 25-27

My Adopt-A-Bronco is D.J. Williams

Thanks Snk16

Comment

Working...
                            X