Question for TC goers.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Question for TC goers.

Ok, I've been reading all the reports and there is one important question.

First let me explain. I know that the longsnapper has a lot of value. His role is difficult to fill and requires a unique skillset. However, we have a lot of competition at the WR spot and the potential to be wasting a spot on Lelie for the season. (Not the active roster, but still the 53 man roster)

I hope we can trade Lelie and be in a position to keep 6 quality WR's, but if we can't, has anyone seen how anyone else is doing as a longsnapper so that we could use someone who will already have a roster spot and cut Leach?

It's just a question and not an insult to Leach. If we don't have a valid replacement then we would have no choice but to keep him, but I heard that Eslinger and Scheffler had longsnapping experience.

Thanks!

Chad Mustard and Lepsis have done a little long snapping.

I have a counter-question. Why do you want to cut Mike Leach?
    KHAAAAAAAAANNNNNNNNN!!!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Kaylore
      Chad Mustard and Lepsis have done a little long snapping.

I have a counter-question. Why do you want to cut Mike Leach?
      Well here's a predicition of our final roster:
      QB:
      Plummer
      Cutler
      Van Pelt

(3)

RB:
      T. Bell
      Dayne
      M. Bell

(6)

FB:
      Sapp
      Johnson

(8)

WR:
      Smith
      Walker
      Marshall
      Terrell or Watts
      Kircus

(13)

TE:
      Scheffler
      Alexander
      Jackson

(16)

OT:
      Foster
      Lepsis
      Meadows
      Green

(20)

OG:
      Hamilton
      Carlisle
      Kuper
      Carswell

(24)

C:
      Nalen
      Myers
      Eslinger

(27)

DE:
      Brown
      Lang
      Dumervil
      Ekuban
      Jackson
      Engelberger

(33)

DT:
      Warren
      Veal
      Myers
      Burton

(37)

LB:
      Wilson
      Gold
      Williams
      Green
      Webster
      Burns
      Chukwurah

(44)

CB:
      Bailey
      Williams
      Foxworth
      Paymah
      Alexander

(49)

S:
      Lynch
      Ferguson
      Cox
      Brandon
      Abdullah

(54)

K:
      Elam

(55)

P:
      Sauerbrun
      Ernster

(57)

So, even with those rosters, we'd still have 4 more players than the actual limit. But with practice squad, suprising cuts, and everything, we'd most likely have room. But if we didn't, I'd rather have an extra LB/S/FB over a long snapper that doesn't even see the field besides punts
      sigpic

Comment

theres no way leach would be cut. He is one of the best long snappers in the league, and one botched long snap could cost you a game. He is also very good on special teams.
        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Prodigal19
          theres no way leach would be cut. He is one of the best long snappers in the league, and one botched long snap could cost you a game. He is also very good on special teams.
          Exactly. Pay attention to the first two guys down field on kick coverage. One of them is probably Mike Leach.
          KHAAAAAAAAANNNNNNNNN!!!!!!!

Comment

Difficult question

I'm not saying it isn't an important position. It is an extremely important role. All I'm saying is that we should use the roster spot on someone else if there is another good longsnapper on our roster.

If there isn't anyone who can do what Leach does, then we'd have to keep him. I don't think that it's fair to say he's irreplaceable either.

I'm hoping there is someone else who can handle those duties. As far as "first one down the field on punt coverage", I hope that's not true because that speaks poorly of our return team, but I think that is an exxagerations since he has 13 career tackles.

It's probably more fair to say he's a very good role player and valuable to the team. He makes 1,000,000.00 in base salary because the Broncos value his skills. However, just like I am commenting on it right now, I am sure the head office has tried to find someone who could do more than just long-snap to increase the value of that roster spot.

Comment

I doubt that Kuper and Eslinger will take a roster spot each. probably, they will go to practise squad, just as broncos use to do with drafted linemen

Comment

Working...
              X