Pryce takes swipe at Broncos

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pryce takes swipe at Broncos

Saw a reference to this in another thread, so I looked it up...pretty interesting.

Article

Defensive end Trevor Pryce, who played nine seasons with the Denver Broncos before being released during the offseason, took swipes at his former club after practice Tuesday with the Baltimore Ravens.
    "They're actually putting me in positions where you can try to make a play instead of the blocking dummies that the D-line ... became last year for Denver," Pryce said.

He also said, "For the first time in a long time, I think I'm happy to be playing football."

He said one reason for that was the relationship between the Ravens players and coaches. "I came from something that could get pretty hairy at times ... even with all the winning," he said. "Just the way the coaches and everybody is the same here. It's not an us-vs.-them kind of mentality ... where you know if you do something wrong, you know it's going to be hell to pay no matter what it was. You took a wrong step, forget missing a tackle. ... The coaches (in Baltimore) I think want to help you. They feel part of it, too."
    My other love...
    sigpic
    305 HP / 273 TQ / SH-AWD / 6MT

He is the Ravens problem now.

Bon Voyage.

Comment

2 superbowl rings... And he's acting like an ass... Eh, whatever
      sigpic

Comment

that's messed up. Even if you didn't like the team you not suppose to put them out like that. It's an unwriten rule.
        President Cool

Comment

Originally posted by Chronic_Toker
          Saw a reference to this in another thread, so I looked it up...pretty interesting.

Article

Defensive end Trevor Pryce, who played nine seasons with the Denver Broncos before being released during the offseason, took swipes at his former club after practice Tuesday with the Baltimore Ravens.
          "They're actually putting me in positions where you can try to make a play instead of the blocking dummies that the D-line ... became last year for Denver," Pryce said.

He also said, "For the first time in a long time, I think I'm happy to be playing football."

He said one reason for that was the relationship between the Ravens players and coaches. "I came from something that could get pretty hairy at times ... even with all the winning," he said. "Just the way the coaches and everybody is the same here. It's not an us-vs.-them kind of mentality ... where you know if you do something wrong, you know it's going to be hell to pay no matter what it was. You took a wrong step, forget missing a tackle. ... The coaches (in Baltimore) I think want to help you. They feel part of it, too."
          shanny is liked by the players but more importantly he is respected. he is the leader of this football team and has to act like it. he NEEDS to be tough if a player makes a mistake, thats why our team has disipline and is tough.....and wins so many games.

this is a SERIOUS ball club who wants to win and shanny always gives us a chance to do that. we prepare for success and for the superbowl.

when i see a HC who is too friendly with his players he looks WEAK and normally is at a LOSING franchise as they have no direction. NORV TURNER was a great example at the raiders. you think his players feared or respected him?

Comment

pryce was finished 2-3 years ago.......he is no longer our problem.

Comment

Originally posted by Chronic_Toker

Article

His comments in that first paragraph are spot on. The D-line was asked to do that alot last year, because we blitzed so much. Our D-line weren't really asked to do a whole lot sometimes but take up blockers so our LBs/S could get through. The other part of this story is sour grapes.

Comment

the guy earns millions, and his feelings get hurt for being yelled at for not doing his job right? Oh well, enjoy mediocrity in Baltimore Trevor.
                "On a given day, a given circumstance, you think you have a limit. And you then go for this limit and you touch this limit, and you think, 'Okay, this is the limit'. And so you touch this limit, something happens and you suddenly can go a little bit further. With your mind power, your determination, your instinct, and the experience as well, you can fly very high."
                Ayrton Senna..

Comment

He whined all the way to the bank last year to the tune of some $8 mil. Poor darling, this clown has not had a real meaningful year since he got his new contract. Every other year or less Mikey was on his case about earning his money.

Maybe he thinks that was not justified. I suspect that next year he will feel the same way about his new coach after they find out the misspelled his name it should be $PRICE$.

Comment

Why is he this bitter about it? He was overpaid, and wouldnt take a paycut after his spinal injury and lack of production.

He did the easy thing to do, blame somebody else. The problem I have with it is he is bad mouthing a team that earned him 2 superbowl rings, and gave him more than fair compensation.

Comment

He wasn't a Denver type a guy. I don't think he spent alot of time in the weight room. He was one of those guys that got by on alot of talent but had no heart. I haven't liked him since we moved him from the middle.

Comment

I've had it with Trevor, **** him.

Comment

Originally posted by JRWIZ
                          He whined all the way to the bank last year to the tune of some $8 mil. Poor darling, this clown has not had a real meaningful year since he got his new contract. Every other year or less Mikey was on his case about earning his money.

Maybe he thinks that was not justified. I suspect that next year he will feel the same way about his new coach after they find out the misspelled his name it should be $PRICE$.
                          i think i jsut gave you another bar with that cp...

but maybe im wrong...

and yeah...

he really hasnt performed in many nyears...

im glad we got rid of him...

the last few years he was really only there because of his name and past deeds...

im glad we got crazy elvis...

i think he is gonna be awesome!!!

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by SM19
                            Talk all about his high salary and lack of production all you want, he's right about Denver's system being one in which it sucks to be a defensive end. I can see why he wasn't happy.
                            Exactly! I'm siding with Pryce on this one. Every word he said was true. Blame Coyer and his linebacker fetish.
                            A proponent of Denver drafting Cutler since 10/05.

So naturally, my Adopt-A-Bronco is Jay Cutler!

Comment

Originally posted by PsychoChicken
                              Exactly! I'm siding with Pryce on this one. Every word he said was true. Blame Coyer and his linebacker fetish.
                              we should have gotten rid of Coyer instead of Pryce...
                              sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X