• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mike Bell named starter (merged)

Mike Bell starting at RB
    Rookie passes Tatum Bell, Dayne on depth chart
    By Bill Williamson
    Denver Post Staff Writer

Ron Dayne fell Monday to No. 3 at running back on the Broncos' depth chart. (Post file)

In a stunning development, Broncos undrafted rookie free agent Mike Bell has catapulted into the starting lineup in Monday morning's practice.
    Bell has leapfrogged Ron Dayne and Tatum Bell. Bell remains the No. 2 back. Dayne has fallen from No. 1 to No. 3.

Mike Bell has impressed coaches with his hard running and the way he fits the Broncos' system. The Arizona product is a Denver native and a lifelong Broncos fans.

The move doesn't necessarily

mean Mike Bell will start opening day in St. Louis on Sept. 10, but it gives him the inside track. He'll likely start against Detroit in the preseason opener Friday.

RETURN TO TOP

I love this. It shows Shanny means business

link to article look here

This also will get all the Dayne lovers to quiet down just a bit. Thank God, sorry I just do not see all the love for Dayne never have and probably never will.
    NHL Blog at:NHL Blog by Medford Bronco!

HOLY!!!! I want to see this guy on Friday night and see how he does in an NFL game.
    Ready for the friggen season already!

Comment

Originally posted by Giveemlove
      HOLY!!!! I want to see this guy on Friday night and see how he does in an NFL game.
      I am going to interested as well. Shanny does not compliment that easily and has been impressed with him. I hope he sticks. I would love to see Bell and Bell with K Johnson and Cecil Sapp. No offense to the Dayne lovers, but I am not a fan of his. This makes me very happy.
      NHL Blog at:NHL Blog by Medford Bronco!

Comment

Yeaaaaaa Hells Bells!

Comment

All I can say is...

And congratulations of course. This could also be a motivational tool for the other two, but it sounds like M Bell has earned it

Comment

It's time to hop on

Comment

It is nice to see that we might have a really good find. I don't care who the starter is because it will obviously be the best man for the job. Also, I love Tatum's home run ability and I know the coaches do also. The only real position battle at running back is who will run with Tatum because I don't see them taking him off below #2 - he does have the battle of being 1 or 2 though.

Comment

While I'm rooting for the best guy. That Mikey and Bobby will make the correct choice who is running with the 1st team on monday morn in Training camp, sounds like motivational speak to me.

I still think that Dayne will see more time in the game once the season starts than the other RB's. Unless there is an injury of some sort to any of them.

Comment

Is the Dayne Bandwagon still rolling?

Comment

Originally posted by Medford Bronco
                    Mike Bell starting at RB
                    Rookie passes Tatum Bell, Dayne on depth chart
                    By Bill Williamson
                    Denver Post Staff Writer

Ron Dayne fell Monday to No. 3 at running back on the Broncos' depth chart. (Post file)

In a stunning development, Broncos undrafted rookie free agent Mike Bell has catapulted into the starting lineup in Monday morning's practice.
                    Bell has leapfrogged Ron Dayne and Tatum Bell. Bell remains the No. 2 back. Dayne has fallen from No. 1 to No. 3.

Mike Bell has impressed coaches with his hard running and the way he fits the Broncos' system. The Arizona product is a Denver native and a lifelong Broncos fans.

The move doesn't necessarily

mean Mike Bell will start opening day in St. Louis on Sept. 10, but it gives him the inside track. He'll likely start against Detroit in the preseason opener Friday.

RETURN TO TOP

I love this. It shows Shanny means business

link to article look here

This also will get all the Dayne lovers to quiet down just a bit. Thank God, sorry I just do not see all the love for Dayne never have and probably never will.
                    The only thing that makes me leary of the article is the reporter. Williamson's track record hasn't been great. Other than that wow if it is indeed true.
                    John 11: 25-27

My Adopt-A-Bronco is D.J. Williams

Thanks Snk16

Comment

Wow, thanks for the find. I can't wait to see this guy in the preseason!
                      R.I.P. Darrent Williams

Comment

Well ain't that just a kick in the balls to Dayne fanatics. Maybe Shanahan is keeping Dayne hidden for the preseason? Conspiracy I say.

This has got to be a dream for this kid, Mike Bell. Favorite team as a child, catapulted as a potential starter after signing as an undrafted free agent. Constantly against the odds by doubters because he was not drafted. Neither was Rod. I would love for the undrafted rookie free agent to get 1,000 yards +.

I would love to cheer for Mike Bell or any back this season. I hope Dayne can pick it up and get higher on the dpeth chart and make an impact, but if the Bells can be better, than the Bells shall.
                        sigpic

:cool: 150 lbs of pure steel and sex appeal. :cool:

D.J. 55's Mock Draft:

:logo:
                        Denver Broncos General Manager

Comment

Mike Bell- First Team

Didn't see this posted yet.

Mike Bell has been named #1 RB on depth chart.

http://www.denverpost.com/sports/ci_4146848

Let the debate's begin....
                          sigpicWe da Champs... you da Chumps.
                          Super Bowl XXXII, XXXIII and 50 Champions!

Comment

Originally posted by JRWIZ
                            While I'm rooting for the best guy. That Mikey and Bobby will make the correct choice who is running with the 1st team on monday morn in Training camp, sounds like motivational speak to me.

I still think that Dayne will see more time in the game once the season starts than the other RB's. Unless there is an injury of some sort to any of them.
                            I'm leary of the source but if its true I doubt its just motivational speak. I don't Shanahan would move anyone up unless they had earned the right. So far he has the best camp from what I have read.
                            John 11: 25-27

My Adopt-A-Bronco is D.J. Williams

Thanks Snk16

Comment

Originally posted by TXBRONC
                              The only thing that makes me leary of the article is the reporter. Williamson's track record hasn't been great. Other than that wow if it is indeed true.
                              I'm assuming those are the teams they ran with this morning. Which still very likely means nothing. Most likely if Mike was looking so good Shanny would like to see him running with our starting o-line and see him take a few more reps each practice. None of this position will be decided until after preseason starts though.

Comment

Working...
                              X