Houston Next Stop For Tatum?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by WABronco
    Yes, let's go into the '06 season with Mike Bell (an unproven commodity) and Ron Dayne (Ron Dayne)...brilliant idea.
    It would be crazy to get rid of him.

We know what he can do in a part time role.

Injuries are a huge part of the game, let us not forget 04, where we were forced to start a backup FB at HB.

We got a tough schedule and we are gonna pound the ball a lot next year. We need Tatum Bell next year.
    You've got to know when to sack em...

Comment

Yes, let's go into the '06 season with Mike Bell (an unproven commodity) and Ron Dayne (Ron Dayne)...brilliant idea.

Thanks, hadn't seen that. CP when I can.

I don't see anything negative in there. I don't see him saying anything about going anywhere, much less Houston. Perhaps if things don't go his way this season, maybe. But right now, I see him saying he's going to fight for his spot.
      Ready for the friggen season already!

Comment

Tatum is not going anywhere. His value is much higher to the Broncos than it would be to other teams currently. just my humble opinion.
        NHL Blog at:NHL Blog by Medford Bronco!

Comment

Let's just get it over with and start Cecil Sapp....Sapp and Kyle Johnson, boom. done.

Check out Goal Line Blitz

WINNER of Elevation INC's Pick Your 53 Challenge....Sig to come!

Comment

To this point, Tatum isn't any more proven than Mike is...
            sigpic

Comment

We need Tatum, and he isnt causing any kind of distraction. The media and the people who read too much into a snippet quote are the ones generating a distraction. Its something to talk about right now, it will pass. Tatum, by all accounts, has been improved this camp and is working hard. He is a very talented player, and gives a great change of pace. He isnt asking to be traded, and we arent shopping him. If things go south then we should discuss it, but right now this is just fluff.

Comment

wow, what a blast of acrimony from tater-- shanahan is probably off in a corner somewhere crying in his coffee after getting ripped like that. . . . .

but hey, why not get rid of one of the most explosive players on the team? seeing as how we're six deep with talented running backs right now, i know I'D do whatever it takes to just get rid of him. . . . hell, let's PAY somebody to take the malcontent off our hands if we have to. . . .
                Officially Objectified by the GPA

rest in peace, darrent williams and damien nash-- you will be missed!!

Comment

Originally posted by ReleaseTheBeast7
                  Tatum has played in this league, in this offense. He just racked up a 921 yd season as a number 2 back, and averages 5+ a carry. He hasn't proven he can be a 20+ carry back or that he can get the tough yards, but he has proven more than someone who has yet to play a single down. I like Mike Bell alot, and Tatum frustrates me because I think he should be so much better by now, but I am not going to bash him or call for a trade like alot of people are. Let them battle it out and find out who the best back is.

Comment

Your right Tatum averaged 5.3 YPC last season in the NFL, Mike Bell averaged......oh yeah he hasn't played a snap in the NFL yet.

These threads are getting crazier by the day.
                    RIP D-Will you'll be missed

Comment

Originally posted by Retire #30!!!
                      Your right Tatum averaged 5.3 YPC last season in the NFL, Mike Bell averaged......oh yeah he hasn't played a snap in the NFL yet.

These threads are getting crazier by the day.
                      Exactly. Tatum has shown that he produces when he's on the field. His limitations at this point in his career are irrelevant...he produces with those limitations.

Comment

Tatum knows he's still gonna get carries, even if he is #2 on the DC. If he wants to expand his role, he knows what he has to do. In an article I read about his "tantrum" he stated that "he's even shown a little more in camp". A "little more"? Buddy, you need to show everything you have, and then maybe the coaches will see the talent that you obviously think you possess.

Comment

So you haven't seen T. Bell's skills in the NFL yet? The last time I checked he was 79 yards shy of breaking a thousand. And he wasn't the primary ball carrier.

I'm all for M. Bell's success on our team, and I hope he does extremely well, but he has yet to play a real NFL game. Until then, Tatum has proven way more than Mike has.

I really hope you were being sarcastic and I didn't catch it.
                          Last edited by BayAreaBronco; 08-09-2006, 03:44 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Giveemlove
                            I don't see anything negative in there.

I totally agree.

So he says he's pi$$ed. Big deal. He's a competitive athlete that wants the job, feels like he's doing everything he can to get it and it's not working out.

He's probably more frustrated with Shanahan, and maybe even himself, than anything. I would be more worried if he didn't react passionately about the promotion of Mike Bell.

Shanahan I'm sure is telling him everything he needs to do to start. And I'm sure TBell knows what he needs to do better.

And despite what anyone thinks about TBell, he's worth far more to Denver this year whether he starts, or not, than whatever another team would give for him.

Comment

I like Tatum a lot but he does frustrate me. It seems like he isn't paying attention to how Denver runs the ball. I have seen him in a number of games run into the backs of players or dance in the backfield. He has the quickness I believe to burst through holes but maybe his eyes are bad and needs some Eric ****erson goggles or something.

Tatum needs to look at what Mike is doing and copy that but do a better job. Follow the line, look for the hole and explode through it. If a hole doesn't show up then stretch it to the outside. The reason Mike Bell has moved up is because he looked at exactly what Denver wants from a RB and is giving it to them. Now he has to show them he can stay hungry and do the same thing in a game. At the pace he is going and if he can keep it up it will be hard for another back to knock him from the #1.

P.S. That Article was ok with what Tatum said. The slap in the face comment was worse then anything in that snippet.

Comment

If that isn't an ignorant statement I don't know what is......

"He isn't proven".
                                ~He hasn't proven he can come in and bust out a 50 yarder for a TD.

~He hasn't proven he can force defenses to honor his big play threat, and open up the field a little more for the recievers.

~He isn't any more proven then Mike Bell, because Mike is an undrafted rookie who hasn't even seen an NFL defense play live yet.

~He hasn't proven he can turn a 10 yard screen play into a 60 yard TD.

~TBell isn't proven because he's only averaged over 5 yards a carry in the last 2 years. There are only a handful of RB's that have, and TBell is one of them.

I could go on, and on, and on......

Apparently you haven't seen a Denver Bronco football game in the last 3 years.

Comment

Working...
                                X