Houston Next Stop For Tatum?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Houston Next Stop For Tatum?

As I expected, Tatum Bell reacted to the news of Mike Bell's promotion with less than complimentary comments about the Broncos staff....Mike Shanahan has had less than zero patience for public comments in the past.....with the Texans hurting at RB, and with Kubiak now the HC there, could Tater be on his way to Houston soon?

I would not be suprised.

Originally posted by MindField
    As I expected, Tatum Bell reacted to the news of Mike Bell's promotion with less than complimentary comments about the Broncos staff....Mike Shanahan has had less than zero patience for public comments in the past.....with the Texans hurting at RB, and with Kubiak now the HC there, could Tater be on his way to Houston soon?

I would not be suprised.
    If we let him go maybe. I don't see this as a huge bash. Probably even less than what Lelie said.

I don't really see who we would trade Tatum for if we were to trade him. Besides, I'm sure Shanny wants to keep him as the change of pace back at least.

Comment

what would they get, theyre lacking in EVERYTHING, we wouldnt get his worth at all

Comment

I would not be suprised.
        No, and where do you get that Shanny would trade him for that. He might have little tolerance but he is a coach that handles stuff quietly and does not cut or trade guys for it. Shanny has always just dealt with the bad players and it's not even like Bell was talking crap about them. He just said that he thinks it is unfair and that one of the coaches doesn't think he can be the starter.

Comment

Originally posted by cinnamunmun
          If we let him go maybe. I don't see this as a huge bash. Probably even less than what Lelie said.

I don't really see who we would trade Tatum for if we were to trade him. Besides, I'm sure Shanny wants to keep him as the change of pace back at least.
          We could trade him for Mario Williams!

Comment

lol

Originally posted by jhns
            We could trade him for Mario Williams!

Tatum, Lelie and next years #1 for Mario... humm... we could use some DL help.

Comment

No, and where do you get that Shanny would trade him for that. He might have little tolerance but he is a coach that handles stuff quietly and does not cut or trade guys for it. Shanny has always just dealt with the bad players and it's not even like Bell was talking crap about them. He just said that he thinks it is unfair and that one of the coaches doesn't think he can be the starter.

But don't you think that after two full years and 2.5 training camps they have a good idea what he can or more like can't do?

Like they say in Texas "tater is Big Hat no Cattle".

Comment

Most likely not... Although trading him for a 2nd or 3rd wouldn't be a bad idea
                sigpic

Comment

Tatum is not going anywhere; this season at least.

Comment

Originally posted by JRWIZ
                    But don't you think that after two full years and 2.5 training camps they have a good idea what he can or more like can't do?

Like they say in Texas "tater is Big Hat no Cattle".
                    Tatum is important to this offense and Shanny loves him for the 10-15 carries. I guarantee no matter who starts Tatum gets 10 carries a game. There is no way he is traded or cut, unless someone offers something crazy for him, by Shanny for a few comments. It is the same reason that I said the Eagles are cry babies. If they would have dealt with TO quietly and not gone out public with everything then they would have been able to at least finish the season with him and maybe had a good record. Shanny does not take stuff public and does not cut people for stupid reasons. He may penalize them or do whatever in the locker room but you will never see him crying over a players actions. We have had far far far worse personalities/players on the team than Tatum Bell. This whole idea is kinda dumb.

Comment

Tatum is important to this offense and Shanny loves him for the 10-15 carries. I guarantee no matter who starts Tatum gets 10 carries a game. There is no way he is traded or cut, unless someone offers something crazy for him, by Shanny for a few comments. It is the same reason that I said the Eagles are cry babies. If they would have dealt with TO quietly and not gone out public with everything then they would have been able to at least finish the season with him and maybe had a good record. Shanny does not take stuff public and does not cut people for stupid reasons. He may penalize them or do whatever in the locker room but you will never see him crying over a players actions. We have had far far far worse personalities/players on the team than Tatum Bell. This whole idea is kinda dumb.

Time will tell. I doubt that HOU would want him as their HC knows him.

Comment

What did Tatum say? I haven't seen it.
                        Ready for the friggen season already!

Comment

I would not be suprised.
                          I don't know where Tatum will end up, but my feeling is that his days are DEFINITELY numbered in Denver.

Comment

http://www.denverpost.com/broncos/ci_4153570

Tatum Bell upset about depth chart
                            No. 2 back says staff doesn't trust him to carry bigger load
                            By Bill Williamson
                            Denver Post Staff Writer
                            DenverPost.com

Tatum Bell believes he has been pigeonholed, but the Broncos running back is determined not to allow Monday's stunning promotion of undrafted rookie Mike Bell to deter him.

"The coaching staff thinks I'm just a 10-, 15-carry back," Tatum Bell said Tuesday. "I don't know if they think I can be anything more. ... I don't think they trust me. I've been doing everything I can in this camp to earn that trust and I will continue to do so."

He went into training camp No. 2 behind Ron Dayne on the depth chart. But coach Mike Shanahan has moved Mike Bell to No. 1 and named him the starter for Friday night's preseason opener at Detroit. Tatum Bell, a second-round pick in 2004, remains No. 2. Dayne slid to No. 3.

General manager Ted Sundquist disagreed with Tatum Bell's interpretation of the situation.

"I don't think it is a case of we don't trust Tatum," Sundquist said. "We like Tatum. We wouldn't have invested a second-round pick in him if we didn't think he fit our system or would work well in what we do. ... This thing is far from over."

Tatum Bell said his biggest battle will be trying to prove he can contribute as the primary back. He has been used mostly as a change-of-pace back.

"I want to be that 25-carry guy," he said. "I guess it's my job to go out and prove it. ... I was hurt by this, but I'm not a crybaby. I'll go out and fight and try to change their minds. But I also see what they see in Mike Bell. He's running hard. I'm not taking anything away from him. But it's my job to push him."

Before the comments by Tatum Bell, Shanahan said he is having a strong camp and there will be a place in the Broncos' offense for the player who had 921 yards and eight touchdowns on 173 carries last season in 15 games.

"Tatum is working very hard," Shanahan said.
                            Yes, let's go into the '06 season with Mike Bell (an unproven commodity) and Ron Dayne (Ron Dayne)...brilliant idea.

Comment

if he goes anywere i would think it would be the jets they are in desprate need of a rb.

Comment

Working...
                              X