Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Did anyone else see Mortensen talk about Bell and Cutler?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Did anyone else see Mortensen talk about Bell and Cutler?

Just saw this on ESPN. Mortensen that everyone was very impressed with Cutler, especially with his cannon arm and ability to put touch on passes when needed. He also spoke of Mike Bell, stating that his promotion wasn't a publicity stunt because when you saw him run you say "oh...that's why he's #1". He said that a veteran defensive player said that out of all the RBs that have come in over the past 10 years, Mike Bell is the closest thing to T.D. so far. It also showed him running the ball in camp.....WOW. He's DAMN quick and makes PRECISE cuts. The camera had trouble keeping track of him! Nice piece on two of our superstar hopefuls.

What was it on? Which program on ESPN, I will see if I can find a repeat.
    The human body has two ends on it: one to create with and one to sit on. Sometimes people get their ends reversed. When this happens they need a kick in the seat of the pants. --- Theodore Roosevelt

sigpic

Comment

Never mind, it was Sports Center. While my TV was off, my Tivo was on ESPN, so all I had to do was rewind.

Mortenson quoted lynch as saying, "he doesn't think he will be around to see it, but he has an Elway/Favre like arm". This is both a positive for Cutler and also an indication from Lynch that Cutler want be starting too soon.

He also repeated what he said on the radio yesterday, and that is that Rod Smith added to Lynches quote, "but with touch on his passes."
      The human body has two ends on it: one to create with and one to sit on. Sometimes people get their ends reversed. When this happens they need a kick in the seat of the pants. --- Theodore Roosevelt

sigpic

Comment

Great to hear...lots of good information about Cutler. It's kinda early to be calling Bell the closest thing to TD coming in in ten years though...
        Go Broncos, make me keep believing this year

Comment

Originally posted by MN-Broncofreak
          Great to hear...lots of good information about Cutler. It's kinda early to be calling Bell the closest thing to TD coming in in ten years though...
          Not even that many veteran defensive players that played with TD, certainly not during his prime. Wilson, maybe. Burns. Anyone else?

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by MN-Broncofreak
            Well, maybe. However, a veteran on the Broncos defense was reputed to have said it.

Perhaps it was one who probably played opposite of both, and certainly who played against many in the interim.

That is what makes it noteworthy.

-----

Comment

I wont compare him to TD so soon but watching him run in camp, you can definately see that he has skills.
              Skill enough to remind you of TD, he run hard and fast, making only one cut and then going. He looks very fancy running the ball with a good sense of toughness.
              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Sam24
                I wont compare him to TD so soon but watching him run in camp, you can definately see that he has skills.
                Skill enough to remind you of TD, he run hard and fast, making only one cut and then going. He looks very fancy running the ball with a good sense of toughness.
                From the 'story' perspective. Since he grew up being a Bronco fan, it must make Mike Bell feel pretty good that at least one veteran player referred to him in a comparison to TD.

sigpic

Comment

I didn't see that

Comment

Working...
                  X