Interesting Point about the Detroit Game

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Interesting Point about the Detroit Game

For the first time in his NFL career, Broncos cornerback Champ Bailey on Friday is scheduled to play against his younger brother, Lions linebacker Boss Bailey. The two players both starred at Charlton County High School in Folkston, Ga., and later at the University of Georgia. Their one overlapping season on the Bulldogs’ roster occurred in 1998 when Champ was a junior and Boss was a freshman. Champ was selected by Washington in the first round (7th overall) of the 1999 NFL Draft while Boss was taken by Detroit in the second round (34th overall) of the 2003 NFL Draft. The two Baileys also have an older brother, Ronald, who was a starting cornerback at Georgia during his time at the school from 1995-97.
    sigpic

interesting

Comment

Ronald, Roland and Rodney Bailey talk about confusing.

Haha, well, they play on the same side of the ball so i guess they won't face off directly (unless Champ lines up at WR). I don't think family connections always count for much, John Lynch once knocked out his brother-in-law (John Allred).
      sigpic

Elvon Millervil eat grues for breakfast.

Pey-Pey to Bey-Bey for the Tey-Dey.

Comment

except champ probably is going to sit out this game.
        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Prodigal19
          except champ probably is going to sit out this game.
          yeah...

thats correct...

he is not listed on the playing roster...

neither is walker or rod...

which is lame0...

but id rather them be ready and healthy for the season opener than this...

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by muse

It certainly is.

I guess it could have been worse though. It could have been Champ, Chump and Chimp!

Comment

I cant find any NFL info. on Ronald. Did he make it to the NFL?
              MMA News
              MMA News 247

Comment

Originally posted by muse

Haha, well, they play on the same side of the ball so i guess they won't face off directly (unless Champ lines up at WR). I don't think family connections always count for much, John Lynch once knocked out his brother-in-law (John Allred).

That's why they get cool nicknames like "Champ" and "Boss". Helps their folks keep 'em straight.

Comment

Originally posted by champbronc2
                  well al i could get is that he studdied sociology and wrote a paper on race called Affirmative action: the history of an idea

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by champbronc2
                    He was a starting CB for the Georgia Bulldogs but i dont know if he ever went pro.

Comment

they both diddnt play last night boss was out with shoulder and shanny held out champ.

Comment

Working...
                      X