Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• anton1287
    replied
    yes, your point is a valid one. but from what i have seen so far, i think dayne's job is pretty safe. i don't think cobbs has shown enough to overtake dayne. i haven't seen nash run myself, but i doubt he puts Mbell and nash on the roster, leaving tatum his by far most proven back.

with that said, there's still a ways to go in preseason, and then it's a long season to come. i think dayne needs the live bullets to really show what he can do. i'm still confident that if he earns an opportunity to be the top dawg, he'll make the most of it.
    yeah...

i dont think cobbs will push dayne out...

but im afraid for dayne that he may stay in the number 3 spot...

for his sake i hope not...

and the coaches seem to be looking at the bells as the 1 and 2 combo...

but yes the preseason is young and the season has clearly not started...

but we shall see soon enough....

for him its not a question of whether he can perform.... but a question of will he perform...

Leave a comment:

• bcbronc
    replied
    [QUOTE]
    Originally posted by anton1287
    well i wasnt having a go at you...
    sorry. a little hostile on my part.

i just really dont think that the dayne train is going anywhere anytime soon thats all...

he really isnt performing... he hasnt had many reps and now he is injured..

you get my point??
    yes, your point is a valid one. but from what i have seen so far, i think dayne's job is pretty safe. i don't think cobbs has shown enough to overtake dayne. i haven't seen nash run myself, but i doubt he puts Mbell and nash on the roster, leaving tatum his by far most proven back.

with that said, there's still a ways to go in preseason, and then it's a long season to come. i think dayne needs the live bullets to really show what he can do. i'm still confident that if he earns an opportunity to be the top dawg, he'll make the most of it.

Leave a comment:

• anton1287
    replied
    Originally posted by bcbronc
    wow, you make an interesting point. thanks for adding to the conversation.

well i wasnt having a go at you...

i just really dont think that the dayne train is going anywhere anytime soon thats all...

he really isnt performing... he hasnt had many reps and now he is injured..

you get my point??
    Last edited by anton1287; 08-16-2006, 11:07 PM.

Leave a comment:

• bcbronc
    replied
    Originally posted by anton1287
    yet you have an eye in your avatar...

how interesting...

and yeah..

you might as well hop off that train...

cos the only place its going is off the beaten track all the down to tinseltown where people smile and are addicted to morhine...

wow, you make an interesting point. thanks for adding to the conversation.

Leave a comment:

• anton1287
    replied
    Originally posted by bcbronc
    i don't see much

yet you have an eye in your avatar...

how interesting...

and yeah..

you might as well hop off that train...

cos the only place its going is off the beaten track all the down to tinseltown where people smile and are addicted to morhine...

Leave a comment:

• bcbronc
    replied
    Originally posted by TXBRONC
    I guess the Dayne group wont be showing up anymore for sure if this is true.

i haven't given up my spot on the dayne trayne yet. and i don't see much chance of him getting cut. he's cheap, and no one can say anything bad about his attitude. he's been all class as a bronco.

nash seems like a PS squad guy. i don't see shanny going with a backfield with an ufa, a young player with possible attitude problems, and a guy that has shown to wear down after 10 touches (plus had some injuries). dayne hasn't proven much more than any of them, and less than tater, but he knows the offense and looked solid last season. final roster, imo, will be (in no particular order) bell, bell, dayne, with nash on the PS.

as for who starts, it's still too early to tell. if dayne is the best back from here on out, he'll be the starter. if he's not the starter, it is because someone else was better than him. but as long as it is because another back stepped up and took the top spot, i don't care who it is. i like the fact that the bar is being raised to see the field in our backfield.

Leave a comment:

• tnedator
    replied
    Originally posted by Pipes7
    I know you're joking and everything, but don't get me wrong...I do like Dayne, I just get tired of the whole zone blocking thing...I couldn't care less.
    Especially since a lot of colleges run some kind of zone blocking scheme.

Leave a comment:

• pipes
    replied
    Originally posted by tnedator
    So, your saying you would like to see him do something in this millenium, rather continue to hear about what he did in the last one? Maybe he was affected by a Y2K bug that effected his abilty to run.

I know you're joking and everything, but don't get me wrong...I do like Dayne, I just get tired of the whole zone blocking thing...I couldn't care less.

Leave a comment:

• tnedator
    replied
    Originally posted by Pipes7
    But I am getting really sick of hearing all of this...."he played in a zone-blocking scheme in college".....who gives a ****!!!! That was quite a while ago and you can put just about any somewhat talented back in Denver's system and he will succeed....whether he's played in a zone scheme before or not!!!

Him playing for Wisconsin in college is not going to keep him here...his play will decide if he stays or not.
    So, your saying you would like to see him do something in this millenium, rather continue to hear about what he did in the last one? Maybe he was affected by a Y2K bug that effected his abilty to run.

Leave a comment:

• Lorcust
    replied
    Originally posted by P-NUT33
    What happen to all the Dayne Fans??
    They went into hiding, until something positive about Dayne comes around.

You know, like the Patriots fans did until Pittsburgh beat us.

Since then they have mostly been a plague to broncomania. (The patriot fans)

Leave a comment:

• P-NUT33
    replied
    What happen to all the Dayne Fans??

Leave a comment:

• pipes
    replied
    First off...I like all of our backs, but lean towards being a Tater-apologist.

I do like Dayne though. He pretty much won two games for us last year.

Yes, he does dance on occasion...and isn't the greatest short yardage/goalline back---for being such a big guy.

But I am getting really sick of hearing all of this...."he played in a zone-blocking scheme in college".....who gives a ****!!!! That was quite a while ago and you can put just about any somewhat talented back in Denver's system and he will succeed....whether he's played in a zone scheme before or not!!!

Him playing for Wisconsin in college is not going to keep him here...his play will decide if he stays or not.

If he does get cut, he does have a couple of other opportunities available though....

He can try out to be a contestant on Dancing with the Stars or So you think you can dance.

Leave a comment:

• tnedator
    replied
    Originally posted by Lorcust
    Notice that most of the Dayne train has been MIA for awhile since Mike Bell was named the starter.

My guess is that as soon as new Dayne information making him look good comes out, if it does, then the herd will pounce out faster than Koren Robinson can down a heineken.
    Ahhhh, is that the peacful silence, but rarely puncuated by a scream of "Jake Sucks," that I have been hearing for the last week. Yes, silence is Golden...

Updated: Aug. 16, 2006, 7:06 PM ET
    Turf toe may keep Broncos RB Dayne on sideline for preseason game
    http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/wire?...denver+broncos

Leave a comment:

• Lorcust
    replied
    Originally posted by Dream
    Uh, or the fact that Dayne was garbage to begin with as I've been saying since Day 1.
    Notice that most of the Dayne train has been MIA for awhile since Mike Bell was named the starter.

My guess is that as soon as new Dayne information making him look good comes out, if it does, then the herd will pounce out faster than Koren Robinson can down a heineken.

Leave a comment:

• Dream
    replied
    Uh, or the fact that Dayne was garbage to begin with as I've been saying since Day 1.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X