• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • MaG24
    Practice Squad
    • Oct 2005

Top 3 QB's

So we all know how there was the main "top 3" QB's in this last draft. Vince Young, Matt Leinart, and Jay Cutler. Did anyone realize we play the other 2 QB's in this years preseason? Do you think it could be like a, "Hey, looks like you got the shaft on that deal doesn't it" type thing when the two teams but heads?

P.S. - So I went back and read what I typed...and it didn't come out quite like I wanted it to. But does anyone get what I'm trying to say anyways?
  • dare2bme
    Back to Natalie...
    • Apr 2006

Planned

Originally posted by MaG24
    So we all know how there was the main "top 3" QB's in this last draft. Vince Young, Matt Leinart, and Jay Cutler. Did anyone realize we play the other 2 QB's in this years preseason? Do you think it could be like a, "Hey, looks like you got the shaft on that deal doesn't it" type thing when the two teams but heads?

P.S. - So I went back and read what I typed...and it didn't come out quite like I wanted it to. But does anyone get what I'm trying to say anyways?
    It's the NFL's way of increasing interest in the preseason. The best marketed sport tries to create hype by creating comparisons between relevant draft picks. Hopefully, Jay is happy where he landed and just uses it as motivation for an "I told you so" kind of day.

Comment

• underrated29
      Why did the fans get Dumb
      • Feb 2006

i am worried about lendale "man boobs " white.

i know he is going to be a force, with or without his boobs. i really hope he does well, just not against us.

if he is playing by then

but the three qbs will be fun to watch- i havnt seen much of matt yet, but imo cutler is the best of them for our system.

big ups to jay
      So far:
      FA- Melvin Gordon. Brandon Scherff
      1. Kenneth Murray LB; 2. Shenault WR; 2B. Biadazz Center, 3. OT

Comment

• hilife
        Special Teams
        • Mar 2006

That is interesting that we play both of them. I still don't think Vince Young will do much in the league but I could be wrong.
        President Cool

Comment

• rich_thunder
          Practice Squad
          • Aug 2006

Vince needs time to develop but I will be interested to see if Matt never skips a beat. I agree that thus far Cutler looks like the most ready QB. If I had to start one of these guys today it would most definantly have to be Cutler.

Comment

• Hartley
            Bench Warmer
            • Jan 2004

Yep i noticed that we played those teams, and i couldn't be happier! Im almost positive that Jay will really show up Vince on saturday. However im curious how well Leinart will play, having missed more than half of training camp.

Comment

• DenverBuckeye
              Bench Warmer
              • Apr 2006

I guess I never really thought of that before.

Jay I think so far has had the best preseason and training camp and I think too he is by far the best fit for our system. I think both Leinart and Young will end up being busts in the NFL. I think Leinart will be the biggest bust of this years draft because I just don't like what I see in him. He doesn't have a strong arm and can't fire the ball in a small window when needed. Anyway I easily could be wrong and will wait and see what happens before I start saying who is better and so forth.
              Darrent & Damien - Broncos 4ever

"When you're not practicing, remember that someone somewhere is practicing, and when you meet him he will win" - Ed Macauley

Comment

• Birdo
                Practice Squad
                • Aug 2006

Originally posted by dare2bme
                It's the NFL's way of increasing interest in the preseason. The best marketed sport tries to create hype by creating comparisons between relevant draft picks. Hopefully, Jay is happy where he landed and just uses it as motivation for an "I told you so" kind of day.
                I am sur ethe NFL knew exactly who would pick who when they created the preseason schedule...

Comment

• Mtdonkeyfan
                  Practice Squad
                  • Jan 2006

I'm glad we got Jay appears to be best fit for our system. As far as VY I seem to remember years ago a young Warren Moon didnt have the talent for the NFL either. Gonna wait on that kid he could turn out to be something special. Lien(bust) Reminds me of Todd Blackeledge hmmmm wonder where he is these days.
                  Broncos fan since 1975

R.I.P. Darrent Williams you will surely be missed

Comment

• vandyman53
                    Bench Warmer
                    • May 2006

Originally posted by Mtdonkeyfan
                    I'm glad we got Jay appears to be best fit for our system. As far as VY I seem to remember years ago a young Warren Moon didnt have the talent for the NFL either. Gonna wait on that kid he could turn out to be something special. Lien(bust) Reminds me of Todd Blackeledge hmmmm wonder where he is these days.
                    Yes, but Moon wasn't first tossed around for lack of talent. It was lack of size. That's why he went to Canada. Once he won a bunch of games up there he came back and proved the NFL wrong.
                    As the great divide in America continues we are causing harm to our future generations by avoiding what needs to be done.

More people recognize Britney Spears than Dick Cheney.

Comment

• vandyman53
                      Bench Warmer
                      • May 2006

Oh don't worry Jay will be ready for this game. Along with a lot of I told you so VAndy/Titan fans. It's just a preseason game for most, but for Nashville and the Vandy community it's like the Super Bowl.
                      As the great divide in America continues we are causing harm to our future generations by avoiding what needs to be done.

Comment

• tnedator
                        All-Pro
                        • Oct 2004

The preseason schedule (teams to be played, not dates and times) was announced in March, prior to the draft. It is just a freaky coincidence.
                        The human body has two ends on it: one to create with and one to sit on. Sometimes people get their ends reversed. When this happens they need a kick in the seat of the pants. --- Theodore Roosevelt

sigpic

Comment

• y2cragie
                          Ring of Famer
                          • Oct 2003

Vince Young, is this years Alex Smith, the world is expected of him on a bad team, but it wont go so well. This year Smith seems to have the offense down a bit more, now he's had time to develop they can expect more from him. The same could be said for VY, pleanty of talent, it just will need time to mature.
                          Leinart, i think right now would be most suited to being thrown immediately into a game situation. His college record and style speaks for itself (but I will wait till he actually plays before I make my comment certain)
                          Cutler, In my opinion has the brightest long term future and potential. He's hit the jackpot with the Broncos, this is a team thats playoff calibre every year, he's not being expected to jump in and save the team from a crappy season, and when the time comes, he'll have had pleanty of time to study and get comfortable with the team, and the offense. So the transition will be smooth for him. I dont know why people want to rush him in. He's got a good 10 years in him if not more. Whats the rush when allowing him to get comfortable will only make him better.
                          "On a given day, a given circumstance, you think you have a limit. And you then go for this limit and you touch this limit, and you think, 'Okay, this is the limit'. And so you touch this limit, something happens and you suddenly can go a little bit further. With your mind power, your determination, your instinct, and the experience as well, you can fly very high."
                          Ayrton Senna..

Comment

• vandyman53
                            Bench Warmer
                            • May 2006

Originally posted by y2cragie
                            Vince Young, is this years Alex Smith, the world is expected of him on a bad team, but it wont go so well. This year Smith seems to have the offense down a bit more, now he's had time to develop they can expect more from him. The same could be said for VY, pleanty of talent, it just will need time to mature.
                            Leinart, i think right now would be most suited to being thrown immediately into a game situation. His college record and style speaks for itself (but I will wait till he actually plays before I make my comment certain)
                            Cutler, In my opinion has the brightest long term future and potential. He's hit the jackpot with the Broncos, this is a team thats playoff calibre every year, he's not being expected to jump in and save the team from a crappy season, and when the time comes, he'll have had pleanty of time to study and get comfortable with the team, and the offense. So the transition will be smooth for him. I dont know why people want to rush him in. He's got a good 10 years in him if not more. Whats the rush when allowing him to get comfortable will only make him better.
                            I ain't getting any fresher, and may not be arond to see him play!! Put him on the field!!

Comment

• DenverBuckeye
                              Bench Warmer
                              • Apr 2006

Originally posted by y2cragie
                              I would have to agree with y2cragie here.
                              You made some very good points!

Except Vince Young won't be completely thrown into the fire from what I have heard. I have heard he might go in on a series or two during the game and later on in the season he might take over. I heard from Jeff Fisher's mouth in an interview that he said they want to wait on Young a year or two and not rush anything, but I highly doubt that will happen. The kid is way too talented to not play.
                              Darrent & Damien - Broncos 4ever

"When you're not practicing, remember that someone somewhere is practicing, and when you meet him he will win" - Ed Macauley

Comment

Working...
                              X