Tank Johnson?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tank Johnson?

I was just reading this morning on ESPN.com on ScoutsInc that John Clayton (or some other analyst) says its pretty much a sure thing that Tank Johnson's days in Chicago are over. He is a beast on the D line. But would this be a good pickup, with all his off the field troubles?

I would just hate to be a team like the Cowboys where every time you turn on you TV all you hear about is dip**** players like T.O.

No way, no how. I don't think anybody in the Bronco's organization wants anything to do with that

Comment

Originally posted by MadMarten
      No way, no how. I don't think anybody in the Bronco's organization wants anything to do with that
      I propose a second of that motion.

All those in favor, say 'aye'.

Everybody's gotta elevate from the norm...

The greatest list of music I don't own on CD :sad:
      You should check these guys out

Comment

Originally posted by Jared
        I propose a second of that motion.

All those in favor, say 'aye'.
        aye!!!!!!!

Comment

Oh, heck yes, bring Tank Johnson here!!

This is Colorado, baby...we don't have hang-ups with men owning guns here.

Bring him and give him another 6 guns when he crosses the state line!!

Hoo rah!

T777
          "When an honest man discovers he is mistaken, he will either cease being mistaken, or cease being honest." -anonymous

Comment

Originally posted by Trench777
            Oh, heck yes, bring Tank Johnson here!!

This is Colorado, baby...we don't have hang-ups with men owning guns here.

Bring him and give him another 6 guns when he crosses the state line!!

Hoo rah!

T777
            Oh man that is some funny stuff!!

Comment

Shanny has shown in the past that he is willing to give a clean slate to anybody who comes to the organization (Dale Carter ring any bells for you). So with that in mind it wouldn't surprise me if we try to bring Tank here. I am all for giving people a second chance.

However, I think that a number of teams would be interested in his services. Considering what some teams are willing to endure to have a winning squad (see Cincinnati) it may prove difficult if not impossible to actually bring him here.

I have another "troubled" d-linemen that may be available if you want to take a risk on him. Do you guys remember Albert Haynesworth of the Titans (the guy who cleated the dallas player on the head)? He could be available and fill a needed role for the team.

Still, would you want either one considering what they may do to the locker room chemistry, and the wrap sheet of the team?

Comment

Originally posted by emac87
                Oh man that is some funny stuff!!
                LOL, thx!

But seriously...WHY wouldn't we want him here? Cause he likes guns? Pfft!

Guy is a serious defensive monster. I'd LOVE to see him in lighter blue and orange!

T777
                "When an honest man discovers he is mistaken, he will either cease being mistaken, or cease being honest." -anonymous

Comment

Originally posted by jlarsiii
                  Shanny has shown in the past that he is willing to give a clean slate to anybody who comes to the organization (Dale Carter ring any bells for you). So with that in mind it wouldn't surprise me if we try to bring Tank here. I am all for giving people a second chance.

However, I think that a number of teams would be interested in his services. Considering what some teams are willing to endure to have a winning squad (see Cincinnati) it may prove difficult if not impossible to actually bring him here.

I have another "troubled" d-linemen that may be available if you want to take a risk on him. Do you guys remember Albert Haynesworth of the Titans (the guy who cleated the dallas player on the head)? He could be available and fill a needed role for the team.

Still, would you want either one considering what they may do to the locker room chemistry, and the wrap sheet of the team?
                  Good point!! But on the Haynesworth situation, I'm not condoning it, but I just think that was a situation where a person's emotions and frustration got the best of him. He did seem genuinely remorseful after it happened. And usually when athletes apologize publicly for something they've done, it always sounds scripted and just some words they were told to read off of a notecard by their agent or coach

Comment

LOL, thx!

Guy is a serious defensive monster. I'd LOVE to see him in lighter blue and orange!

T777
                    You know what? I agree. I've been saying what a beast that guy is for the last 2 seasons. Look at the guy's name for pete's sake!!! TANK!!! That just sounds like a bad***. Sometimes people need bad things to occur in their life to right the ship. Maybe this will straighten him up

Comment

LOL, thx!

T777

When you add the guns to the marijuana possession charges, the prior weapons without a permit charge, and the fact that he kept both in a house, unlocked, with a 20 month old, you have to wonder about his decision making ability in general. On and off the field.

Hayesworth. I dunno. I'd be leery, but less so than of of Johnson. Only because his problems seem to be controlling on the field intensity. Still would prefer not to have either of them in Denver.

Everybody's gotta elevate from the norm...

The greatest list of music I don't own on CD :sad:
                      You should check these guys out

Comment

We can revisit this thread Monday after seeing what type of pass rush our D-Line puts on Palmer.....
                        sigpic

Comment

Oh hell, someone go call Romo to come out from retirement...if we are going with questionable players like Johnson and Haynesworth, we might as well have some roid rage as well...hell the Bolts aren't the only team that can use some roided monsters, Bowlen can even pay for their guns, roids and counseling so that it is all fair in the end!

Comment

Absolutely not.

No way.

Never.
                            Administrator

sigpic

Comment

Yes, he would upgrade arguably our weakest area (DT). Besides, if he doesn't pan out, he can always be cut. Just sign him to a bargain-basement, 1-year type of deal and be done with it.

Comment

Working...
                              X