Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Redskins Portis, possibly may be on the trading block again.. (Merged)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Redskins Portis, possibly may be on the trading block again.. (Merged)

Word out here in DC is that Portis may be on the trading blocks again, because of Danield Snyders concern of salary cap issues and the sudden emergence of Ladell Betts.

Could Portis like Shannan Sharpe return in a Broncos uniform?

This morning:
    http://www.washtimes.com/sports/2006...5725-6547r.htm

Q: I have vague memories of Clinton Portis being the Redskins' main man on offense. Will he be Betts' backup when he's healthy again next season?

A: Portis likely will remain the No. 1 back if the Redskins don't trade him, and a deal remains a possibility. Still, Betts has been terrific the past four weeks. He certainly has earned a greater share of the workload next season.

Maybe Betts will be the one that gets traded, even though they wouldn't get the same value.

I wouldn't mind Portis back in Denver, but he would have to restructure his contract.

IMHO, he's overpaid as it is, and Denver doesn't need to give top $'s to a position they haven't had a lot of problems with. It would be foolish.

Comment

It would be tough for us to trade for him, unless its for draft picks. I would love to have him back here, although he seems to be injury prone of late.

Comment

I was wondering how long it would take for someone to post this!

He'd be a great fit, and I personally think the Broncos would be smart to try and get him back. But it'll be too costly, most likely.
        HEAR ME ROAR!
        sigpic
        Thanks to Freyaka for the great sig!

Comment

Originally posted by silkamilkamonic
          Maybe Betts will be the one that gets traded, even though they wouldn't get the same value.

I wouldn't mind Portis back in Denver, but he would have to restructure his contract.

IMHO, he's overpaid as it is, and Denver doesn't need to give top $'s to a position they haven't had a lot of problems with. It would be foolish.
          i doubt betts will be the one traded since he just got a contract extension a few weeks ago
          sigpic

Comment

Hahaha...will not happen, Shanahan is more likely to trade our next five first round picks for Marshawn Lynch and offer him a $50,000 seven year deal then bring Portis back...Portis left a bad taste in Shanahan's mouth...he will never be a Bronco again, unless as a broke down backup!

Comment

I would love to have Portis back.

I think it's highly unlikely though. He'll be disappointed with his contract if he comes here.

Comment

I'd rather get Betts from them.
                2 of the top 3 NFL QBs of all time have been Broncos

Comment

As I recall, Portis requested to be the highest paid running back in the league. He may be a fine back, but he should remember the O-line that helped make him so successful in Denver.

If I were a player, I would take less money if it meant playing for a better team and a better chance at a Superbowl.

And the latest player to be bought for the right price from Boston....

Johnny Damon

Comment

If anything the Broncos need to get a big bruiser type back, some one big like Larry Johnson... the big fast backs seem to be the wave of the future, right now I would be happy for a back that can hold on to the ball.

Comment

Portis would just be too expensive.. slim to non chance... Sharpe came back but, I think denvers need for an exceptional tight-end made his return feasible, With denvers plug and play running backs - no need for Portis' $$$$

Comment

Here's what's going to have to happen for Portis to come back to Denver...

a) Clinton Portis will have to take less money, and apologize to Mike Shanahan for pushing the orignal trade that sent him to Washington to begin with.

b) Mike Shanahan would essentially admit that Clinton Portis was more valuable to him than he originally led on or thought.

Since I see neither of these happening, I say that Portis goes elsewhere. Denver is going to be having problems with the cap themselves next season, and are going to be looking to both unload some of their big contracts and sign younger, more raw players to fill the gaps. I love CP, and wouldn't mind seeing him back here. But with his age, injury problems, and salary, it just wouldn't be the same as it was three seasons ago.
                        sigpic

Comment

Portis is damaged goods. They ran the kid into the ground in Washington. They did not use him right and I fear that though still young his best days may be behind him.
                          Only a fool allows another's opinion to anger him to the point of hurling insults.

Comment

All this was brought up last week sometime. Portis didn't like the actual city of Denver, I seen him on cribs Denver style and all he did was make backhanded comments on the fact there wasn't anything for him to do in Denver outside of football? He was saying Denver was a boring city in other words... (Maybe he's not a skiier)
                            Let Portis rot in DC in his dark bedroom with is bare looking fish tank, yea he was on cribs again, DC style.

Comment

I'll take Portis for Plummer and Bell anyday if the Redskins are that dumb. Thats a young Superbowl team right there with Cutler, Walker, Portis and Bailey.
                              XBL: The1Executioner

Comment

Working...
                              X