X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by gobroncsnv
    Ain't it the truth...

How about we look at it this way?

1) How many rushing yards did we have against the Colts? (around 200)
    2) How many points did we score in that game? (31)
    3) How many times did Peyton have a chance to go through all of his progressions on a passing play? (every time they threw the ball)
    4) Who won the game? (Colts)

It's pretty easy for me to draw a conclusion based on the above... If you get 200 yards rushing, score 31 points, and LOSE THE GAME, your problem is on the defensive side of the ball. :brick: :brick:
    Three things to consider though:

1) We had a turnover in that game (Jake's fumble near our goalline to start the 2nd half); they didn't. Those seven points could have made the difference. We continue to make turnovers (even w/Cutler). Maybe we should draft people who hold on to the football.

2) Ineffective redzone play. We had to settle for a FG on our last drive instead of getting a TD. Result? Indy only needs a FG to win, rather than having to get a TD.

3) We didn't seem to have this problem the first 6 games of the season, so what magically happened against the Colts?

Turnovers, ineffective redzone play, and lack of QB pressure have been problems for the Broncos the past few years and have not been adequately addressed. I think a stud RB would help w/the first two problems. Get D-linemen via draft or FA for the third.

Comment

Originally posted by Sevenis7
      Three things to consider though:

1) We had a turnover in that game (Jake's fumble near our goalline to start the 2nd half); they didn't. Those seven points could have made the difference. We continue to make turnovers (even w/Cutler). Maybe we should draft people who hold on to the football.

2) Ineffective redzone play. We had to settle for a FG on our last drive instead of getting a TD. Result? Indy only needs a FG to win, rather than having to get a TD.

3) We didn't seem to have this problem the first 6 games of the season, so what magically happened against the Colts?

Turnovers, ineffective redzone play, and lack of QB pressure have been problems for the Broncos the past few years and have not been adequately addressed. I think a stud RB would help w/the first two problems. Get D-linemen via draft or FA for the third.
      If you look our Redzone % has been one of the best(8th) this year, but our problem has been getting into the redzone. Special teams has had a hand in that.
      "Some people in this world make things happen, some people in this world know what happened, but most people wonder what happened."

Comment

Originally posted by LoyalSoldier
        If you look our Redzone % has been one of the best(8th) this year, but our problem has been getting into the redzone. Special teams has had a hand in that.
        Thanks for reminding me about our woeful special teams play. Yet another problem that has lingered for the past few years.

As far as Redzone %, is that Scoring % (which includes FGs) or strictly TD % (which I feel is a problem)?

Comment

Thanks for reminding me about our woeful special teams play. Yet another problem that has lingered for the past few years.

As far as Redzone %, is that Scoring % (which includes FGs) or strictly TD % (which I feel is a problem)?
          TD% we are 8th in. We are 1st or 2nd in Scoring %.
          "Some people in this world make things happen, some people in this world know what happened, but most people wonder what happened."

Comment

Hate to quote myself, but all these were contributing factors to our OT loss against the Niners. Two fumbles and two interceptions (one for a TD). Three trips with 1st and goal from w/in the 5 yard line and we get 3 FGs. With a stud RB who could have punched it in from the 2 yard line, we would be in the play-offs rather than watching them.

BTW, Marshawn Lynch had 111 yards rushing on 20 carries (2 TDs) in Cal's Holiday Bowl win.

Comment

Hate to quote myself, but all these were contributing factors to our OT loss against the Niners. Two fumbles and two interceptions (one for a TD). Three trips with 1st and goal from w/in the 5 yard line and we get 3 FGs. With a stud RB who could have punched it in from the 2 yard line, we would be in the play-offs rather than watching them.

BTW, Marshawn Lynch had 111 yards rushing on 20 carries (2 TDs) in Cal's Holiday Bowl win.
              I am not so sure that was because of the running backs. If you look our line was getting pushed around a ton in that game. Any holes to the endzone were quickly shut and both Jay and Jake had people in their face. You have to remember even though LT is a great RB that he couldn't get that many TDs without his line playing so well.
              Last edited by LoyalSoldier; 01-02-2007, 01:58 PM.

Comment

I see M-Lynch just announced he's turning pro... A=Peterson had so-so bowl performance. I dunno?

Comment

Originally posted by fraguela09
                  I see M-Lynch just announced he's turning pro... A=Peterson had so-so bowl performance. I dunno?
                  Even though I was cheering for Boise since I am from Idaho, Peterson had a decent one for not playing in any games before that.

Comment

Working...
                  X