Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is Ahman Green A Possibility in Denver...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Packers cautious with running back.....

Here is more on Ahman Green

By TOM SILVERSTEIN/JS Online
    Ask the Green Bay Packers coaches and they’ll tell you that Ahman Green is running the way he once did.

But if that’s true, why haven’t they found more ways to get their franchise back the ball, especially in light of the problems they’ve had running behind an offensive line featuring three rookies?

Now that he’s more than a year removed from the ruptured thigh tendon that cost him most of last season, Green’s strength in his legs appears completely back, and when he gets some running room he seems to make the most of it. But in the last three games, his touches have been down significantly, especially compared to early in the season.

Not being able to run the ball is a factor, as is getting behind early against the New York Jets and New England Patriots, but given Green’s ability to supplement his numbers with receiving yards, the Packers don’t seem to be maximizing his ability. What’s more, Green’s endurance seems to be playing a factor because he continually comes out of the game after three or four plays during any given drive.

“You’re trying to get him the ball so many times, but you’re trying to keep his rep(etition)s to a certain number,” coach Mike McCarthy said Wednesday. “But also (Vernand) Morency and Noah (Herron) have been productive players for us, so we’re keeping them involved, too. It’s not just go in there and go until you can’t go anymore. That’s not the approach.”

Here is the rest of the article:
    http://www.ahman30.com/commerce/inth...&id_passed=277

Comment

30 isn't what it used to be. Look at Dunn, Barber, and Fred Taylor. Green also is having one of his best recieving years. I would love to get him in here for a one year deal.
      DB4life

Comment

If we could get him for one-two years, why not?

Mike Anderson was 31 when he was running with us last year as the primary back, correct?

Well there you go.

Price has a lot to do with it, and if we get into a bidding war, I want little part of it.

A high-priced free agent acquisition would be better spent on a D-lineman like Charles Grant.
        sigpic

:cool: 150 lbs of pure steel and sex appeal. :cool:

D.J. 55's Mock Draft:

:logo:
        Denver Broncos General Manager

Comment

Deuce Staley.....Same mileage, less money!

(In other words....No thanx)

Comment

Originally posted by stnzed
            Deuce Staley.....Same mileage, less money!
            No...but Staley is really done. Until he starts giving a dang and loses around 30 pounds he won't be anything but "done" either, IMO.

For some reason I saw quite a few Steeler's pre-season games this year...he's extremely slow and he didn't have much power or explosion. If you watched him, you would've said, "dang, that guy's done."

Comment

Originally posted by Lorcust
              If we could get him for one-two years, why not?

Mike Anderson was 31 when he was running with us last year as the primary back, correct?

Well there you go.

Price has a lot to do with it, and if we get into a bidding war, I want little part of it.

A high-priced free agent acquisition would be better spent on a D-lineman like Charles Grant.

Right but didn't big Mike spend some time in the Marines (4 years...right??) and I think he was 26 when he came into the nfl. That's a big difference compared to a rb who came into the league when he was 21 or 22, correct?

Comment

Originally posted by WABronco
                No...but Staley is really done. Until he starts giving a dang and loses around 30 pounds he won't be anything but "done" either, IMO.

For some reason I saw quite a few Steeler's pre-season games this year...he's extremely slow and he didn't have much power or explosion. If you watched him, you would've said, "dang, that guy's done."

This is so true.....I guess it's been somewhat of a mini controvercy in Pittsburgh.
                Why Cowher kept Staley this long/at all.

He's literally useless!

I was just pokin fun at the mileage on Green.

Comment

Originally posted by Nick7
                  I'd like it, just because I'm a Husker fan, but he's too old and hurt at this point,

Too old....

For what?

A starter? Yes.

Do you honestly believe Shanny is done with both Bells after this season? I doubt it, yes Tatum may be traded, I dont know but unless Lynch falls to us in the draft we aren't looking for a new starter at rb but some better insurance past the Bells and maybe a lil competition or situational player. Green fits that, he has the experience and if we could get him for the right price or maybe a one year deal he may be worth it.
                  Bronco fan from Packer Land.
                  Lefty Writer on The Sports Show with Woody Paige and Les Shapiro
                  Tweet me @JoRo_5551

Comment

I'd rather have one of these college players for rb, instead of a bunch of has beens like Williams or Green (NFL Draft Scout):

Brian Leonard
                    Height: 6-1 Weight: 238
                    Position: FB Pos2: RB/Pos3: TE
                    40 Time: 4.56
                    Projected Round: 2

Tony Hunt
                    Height: 6-0 Weight: 225
                    Position: RB
                    Class/Draft Year: Sr/2007
                    40 Time: 4.54
                    Projected Round: 1-2

Comment

Hey if you want Ahman Green Why not Curtis Martin or Marshall Faulk?

Comment

Originally posted by OrangePeel
                        if the medical staff was convinced he was healed.
                        yes I would take a flyer on him. This is the same guy who ran for over 1,800 yards a couple years back. 30 really isn't that old. He should have 2 or 3 more years in him if he is healthy.
                        I don't OP he's been a workhorse for several years I would be leary of bringing him in.
                        John 11: 25-27

My Adopt-A-Bronco is D.J. Williams

Thanks Snk16

Comment

Originally posted by TDMiller
                          How do Bronco Fans feel about bringing in another Green Bay Packer player.

He missed two games in October with a hamstring problem that likely was related to his quadriceps tendon injury.

Green is playing on a one-year contract, and the Packers face a tough decision about his future.

With the numbers he has put up this season, Green and his agent almost certainly will be seeking one more big-money contract. But given Green's age — he'll be 30 next season — the Packers might be reluctant to invest in him long-term.

It's too soon to know whether the Packers' offensive coaches will recommend that GM Ted Thompson try to bring him back next season, but they seem pleased with his production and the way he's bounced back from his injury.

"I think Green's getting stronger," offensive coordinator Jeff Jagodzinski said. "He's close to being a 1,000-yard rusher, and I thought before the season he'd be a 1,000-yard rusher. That's a testament to him the way he came back and battled back, so I don't think he's trailed off."

http://www.ahman30.com/commerce/inth...&id_passed=282
                          I live in Wisconsin and though I cannot give you a direct article quote, I did read some time this season that he does want to finish his career in Green Bay. It also seemed that money wasn't a big issue but wanted a fair deal. Now, we must also take into account that people thoughts change. In my mind, I think he will stay in Green Bay. Also, I wouldn't want him in Denver. I don't think he is that much better or worse than what we have. I would prefer either someone that is better or younger with the potential to be better. I really don't know what a free agent. They will either cost too much or might be diminishing. I would prefer going after someone in the draft. You also have to take into account a million other things whether to bring in a free agent or draft someone. You have to look at other position needs and salary-cap, etc.. Lets leave it up to Shanahan. One thing he has proven is that he can get running backs or he can get a lot of production out lesser ones. We'll see.

Comment

Originally posted by TDMiller
                            How do Bronco Fans feel about bringing in another Green Bay Packer player.

He missed two games in October with a hamstring problem that likely was related to his quadriceps tendon injury.

Green is playing on a one-year contract, and the Packers face a tough decision about his future.

With the numbers he has put up this season, Green and his agent almost certainly will be seeking one more big-money contract. But given Green's age — he'll be 30 next season — the Packers might be reluctant to invest in him long-term.

It's too soon to know whether the Packers' offensive coaches will recommend that GM Ted Thompson try to bring him back next season, but they seem pleased with his production and the way he's bounced back from his injury.

"I think Green's getting stronger," offensive coordinator Jeff Jagodzinski said. "He's close to being a 1,000-yard rusher, and I thought before the season he'd be a 1,000-yard rusher. That's a testament to him the way he came back and battled back, so I don't think he's trailed off."

http://www.ahman30.com/commerce/inth...&id_passed=282
                            No thanks! He's over the hill. I'd rather take a chance on Ricky Williams!

Comment

What about Michael Turner?????

Comment

Originally posted by DTL
                                No thanks! He's over the hill. I'd rather take a chance on Ricky Williams!
                                Over the hill is a state mind...!

I don't think he is over the hill just yet. His age factor is not my biggest concern right now, as much as his what his asking price would be.

One thing is for sure is that, Green Bays offensive line needs serious upgrading and releasing Green just might free up the extra cash they need to bring in help for that offensive line.

Comment

Working...
                                X