Is Ahman Green A Possibility in Denver...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • TDMiller
    Banned User
    • Apr 2006

Is Ahman Green A Possibility in Denver...

How do Bronco Fans feel about bringing in another Green Bay Packer player.

He missed two games in October with a hamstring problem that likely was related to his quadriceps tendon injury.

Green is playing on a one-year contract, and the Packers face a tough decision about his future.

With the numbers he has put up this season, Green and his agent almost certainly will be seeking one more big-money contract. But given Green's age — he'll be 30 next season — the Packers might be reluctant to invest in him long-term.

It's too soon to know whether the Packers' offensive coaches will recommend that GM Ted Thompson try to bring him back next season, but they seem pleased with his production and the way he's bounced back from his injury.

"I think Green's getting stronger," offensive coordinator Jeff Jagodzinski said. "He's close to being a 1,000-yard rusher, and I thought before the season he'd be a 1,000-yard rusher. That's a testament to him the way he came back and battled back, so I don't think he's trailed off."

• rcsodak
    Step UP, or Step OFF!
    • Oct 2003

Originally posted by TDMiller
    How do Bronco Fans feel about bringing in another Green Bay Packer player.

http://www.ahman30.com/commerce/inth...&id_passed=282
    Why ask the fans?

[email protected]

"It does not take a majority to prevail, but rather an irate,
    tireless minority keen on setting brushfires of freedom in the minds of
    men."

-- Samuel Adams

sigpicJacks RULE!!!!!!

Comment

• TDMiller
      Banned User
      • Apr 2006

Originally posted by rcsodak
      Why ask the fans?

[email protected]

That's what this forum is for, the fans.

Who else would I ask?

Comment

• sneakers
        Playmaker
        • Jul 2006

NOOOOOOOOO!

Washed up!

Bring back Ron Dayne!!

Merry Christmas!

Comment

• flbroncofan
          Practice Squad
          • Jul 2006

Man he may be getting stronger in rehab but 30 is pretty old for a rb. (kind of funny to type because i'm gonna be 31 on the 29th!) Don't think we want to hitch our wagon to someone with that many miles. Need to look to the draft for the rb position imo.

Comment

• Nick7
            Locker #92
            • Mar 2005

I'd like it, just because I'm a Husker fan, but he's too old and hurt at this point,
            Go Huskers.

Comment

• rAiDeRs SuCk
              Practice Squad
              • Apr 2004

Originally posted by sneakers
              NOOOOOOOOO!

Washed up!

Bring back Ron Dayne!!

Merry Christmas!

hoping thats sarcasm
              cause Ron Dayne was washed up when he got IN the league.

Comment

• sneakers
                Playmaker
                • Jul 2006

Originally posted by rAiDeRs SuCk
                hoping thats sarcasm
                cause Ron Dayne was washed up when he got IN the league.

No sarcasm, Did you see what he did the other day? Merry Christmas (what is left of it).

Comment

• silkamilkamonic
                  Sir-Nasty!
                  • Jul 2004

Just say no to Ahman Green!!

He isn't a completely terrible option, but there are far better ones out there, including the ones we already have.

Comment

• rcsodak
                    Step UP, or Step OFF!
                    • Oct 2003

Originally posted by TDMiller
                    That's what this forum is for, the fans.

Who else would I ask?
                    I answered that question already....

...sorry, but I just get tired of all of the "should we get" threads.....

...especially when the current season isn't even over.

It'd be nice if these could wait until the season is over, free agents are listed, needs can be addressed, etc.....

It's like a store getting Christmas stock in July.......

...there needs to be some sort of separation, imo.....
                    "It does not take a majority to prevail, but rather an irate,
                    tireless minority keen on setting brushfires of freedom in the minds of
                    men."

-- Samuel Adams

sigpicJacks RULE!!!!!!

Comment

• OrangePeel
                      Starter
                      • Mar 2004

if the medical staff was convinced he was healed.
                      yes I would take a flyer on him. This is the same guy who ran for over 1,800 yards a couple years back. 30 really isn't that old. He should have 2 or 3 more years in him if he is healthy.
                      Blet

Comment

• Dream
                        Banned User
                        • Jan 2005

If it's for cheap, why not? He's also developed as a blocker and he's a good receiver out of the backfield.

Comment

• TDMiller
                          Banned User
                          • Apr 2006

Originally posted by rcsodak
                          I answered that question already....

...sorry, but I just get tired of all of the "should we get" threads.....

...especially when the current season isn't even over.

It'd be nice if these could wait until the season is over, free agents are listed, needs can be addressed, etc.....

It's like a store getting Christmas stock in July.......

...there needs to be some sort of separation, imo.....
                          Yeh, I can understand your point.....I just wanted to talk about someone else beside Portis.

Plus with Green on a one year contract might seem more realistic, because he is looking at the short term versus the long term. My only concern is how much money would he be asking for on a one year contract.

I love the Bells, but I also like Greens size and he is an excellent blocker. He is very similiar to Deuce McCallister. His only injury is that injured quadricep, not for sure if he's had any other major injuries.

Since 2000 he's rushed over 1,000 yds every season up until 2005 when he got injured and returned for 2006 and only needs 20 yrds to go over 1,000 this season. That's pretty good for a team that their offensive line is struggling.

Comment

• WABronco
                            I'M driving the bandwagon
                            • Mar 2005

He's been injured WAY too much for my taste......but if he wants to play for cheap (not likely), then why not? He's a solid vet and he can catch the ball too.

Comment

• dogfish
                              • Jan 2006

Originally posted by Dream
                              If it's for cheap, why not? He's also developed as a blocker and he's a good receiver out of the backfield.

how likely is it that a name player like him comes cheap? i suppose there are scenarios where i wouldn't be entirely opposed to it, but it's hardly anyone's idea of a long-term solution. . . it just makes so much more sense to spend a 1st day draft pick and try to find a back who we can pair with cutler for the next five years at the least-- enough with the revolving door at a position that's so vitally important to this team's success. . . .

sometimes you can get a nice payoff bringing in veterans, but a guy with green's history is likely to cost more than he's worth. . . i'd much rather see us target up-and-coming young players in free agency, such as dj hackett, kevin curtis or shaun macdonald, terdell sands, michael turner etc etc. . . besides, green has always been a notorious fumbler. . . .
                              Officially Objectified by the GPA

rest in peace, darrent williams and damien nash-- you will be missed!!

Comment

Working...
                              X