Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What should be the main focus in the draft to make the Broncos SB ready?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I want that Brute DT others have mentioned so that we have a guy who can help collapse the pocket, and force them to only run outside.

Comment

If we could find an impact DT to pressure every down I'd be very very happy. It's rare to have a rookie make a team "super bowl ready" his first year though.
      sigpic

Thank you for everything Darrent. I'll never forget #27.

Comment

I would say first and foremost get d-line. If there is a shot at getting a potential superstar RB in the second or early third (or by trading up with some of those picks) then go with that second. Then the last 2 things that they should look at are safety and o-line. Those are the two oldest parts of the team and could probably use some depth and more talent anyways. The safety and o-line could probably wait until next year though since I would only want us to use late round picks on these two spots this year. I really think that they need to just get like 5 d-lineman and hope that at least 2 are good. If we could get a decent d-line with our secondary talent, our defense would be shut down. I think getting a superstar rookie RB would also be nice to go with all of the young offensive superstars that are emerging this year.

Comment

I want a PREMIER RB. Our SB years saw us have a DOMINANT RB that was able to sustain drives and pick up the tough yardage when needed. We do not have that right now, and we haven't had it since Portis left. Get rid of our turd RBs, and get someone in here that can carry the rock effectively all by himself. Man...I wish we would have gotten Steven Jackson instead of DJ Williams.

Comment

A lot needs to be fixed but IMO special teams needs the most help - we cant keep letting them start on their 40 or the 50 or our 40 - How do you expect ANY defense not to give up points when the other team only has to march half way down the field everytime Then on top of that we always start inside our own 20 making it that much harder for our offense to score - plus I do NOT WANT our premier players on special teams - after the Al Wilson deal I will never ever ever agree with putting some of your best off/def players on the field for a special teams play - Al could have had his career (or life) ended on a freakin special teams play - I remember a game were Rod was returning punts and got hurt (it was awhile back so i dont remember the details) but you cant take the chance of taking out one of your nest players for the season on a special teams play - to me that makes no sense

Comment

Originally posted by Astrass
              If we could find an impact DT to pressure every down I'd be very very happy. It's rare to have a rookie make a team "super bowl ready" his first year though.
              Yes, on the tackle, by all means. Re, "first year," however, I'm working on next year. Cutler will no longer be a rookie, and I'll look for his QB rating to be close in around 100, plus or minus. He's already surprised many in 4 starts this year. Next year? LOOK OUT!

GO BRONCOS!
              Life, for me, has been an ongoing education. When Graduation Day arrives, my diploma will be my death certificate.

Comment

Working...
              X