Mock Draft of the week!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mock Draft of the week!!!

Hey everyone, this is my weekly update to my Mock Draft, Feel Free to ask questions or make comments but an opinion with facts is a fools remark.

1 Detroit Lions 2-13-0: Brady Quinn, QB/Notre Dame - Detroit needs a QB to run their team and Quinn is just the player for the Lions, he has the tools and knows how to run an NFL offense because of Weiss, he might be like Eli Manning and over rated though.

2 Oakland Raiders 2-13-0: JaMarcus Russell, QB/LSU - The Raiders are looking for a QB in this draft plain and simple. Brooks and Walter wont lead this team out of the cellar and even with a weak O-line the Raiders need a QB.

3 Tampa Bay Bucs 4-11-0: Calvin Johnson, WR/Georgia Tech - Michael Clayton hasn't regained form from his rookie year and with Galloway getting really old Johnson might free some room and get the Cadillac out of the garage.

4 Cleveland Browns 4-11-0: Alan Branch, DT/Michigan - The Browns D-line is getting old and uneffective, they will be using a majority of the draft on linemen both O and D but if they want a stout D-line like NE, they need to use 1st Rd picks on it.

5 Arizona Cardinals 5-10-0: Joe Thomas, OT/Wisconson - The best O-lineman in the draft is off the AZ to help the weak Line and protect Matt Leinart.

6 Washington Redskins 5-10-0: Gaines Adams, DE/Clemson - Washington's defense was very weak this year and they could not generate any pass rush this year and the best DE in the draft is off to the nations capitol.

7 Houston Texans 5-10-0: LaRon Landry, S/LSU - Houston's secodary is extremely weak and even though they need a RB Dayne is doing an ok job so S is the first pick for them.

8 Minnesota Vikings 6-9-0: Ted Ginn Jr., WR/Ohio St - The Vikings are missing a big play receiver and Ginn might be just that. They need a receiver who can stretch the field because Williamson has not been able to do that.

9 San Fransisco 49ers 6-9-0: Dwayne Jarrett, WR/USC - Jarrett is the type of receiver that S.F. needs so that Smith can continue his progression. With jarrett they can start using picks for defense because they have the offensive weapons.

10 Miami Dolphins 6-9-0: Sidney Rice, WR/South Carolina - Miami needs more weapons for their offense because they stall a lot. They wont get a QB just yet because they gave a lot for Culpepper and Harrington.

11 Atlanta Falcons 7-8-0: Reggie Nelson, S/Florida - The Falcons need some safety help because Milloy is getting old and Crocker isn't a legit starter and wont be a gamebreaker like Nelson could be.

12 St. Louis Rams 7-8-0: Leon Hall, CB/Michigan - Even though they used a pick on Tye Hill, CB/Clemson in the 1st Rd last year, looking at their defense all their other CB's are either old or will never be starting CB's. Bartell has a chance but it is rumored that he might move to safety.

13 Carolina Panthers 7-8-0: Brian Brohm, QB/Louisville - He might fall if Russell has a great game against ND in the BCS game coming up, Brohm has a previously injured ACL torn knee and that might make him slip a tad if scouts and teams see that as a weakness.

14 Green Bay Packers 7-8-0: Adrian Peterson, RB/Oklahoma - Surprised to see him slip(?), well other than Cle, Oak and Hou who need RB's pretty bad G.B. needs a RB who can thrive as a one cut runner and with Rogers possibly taking over G.B. needs a party starter.

15 Pittsburgh Steelers 7-8-0: Justin Blalock, OL/Texas - Pit needs a lineman who can handle multiple positions and Blalock is just the guy. He is big and he is the type of Mauler Pit can use.

16 Buffalo Bills 7-8-0: Quentin Moses, DE/Georgia - Even though they have Aaron Schobel they need another DE who can put pressure on the QB and with McCargo, Schobel, Williams and Moses it could be a fierce line for quite a while.

17 Kansas City Chiefs 8-7-0: Levi Brown, OT/Penn St - He is big and a lineman who can replace the recently departed Roaf. Just the type of lineman K.C. is in need for.

18 Jacksonville Jaguars 8-7-0: Daymien Hughes, CB/California - Jax needs a CB to go opposite of Mathis. They are pretty stout on defense and might go after another safety later in the draft.

19 Tennessee Titans 8-7-0: DeMarcus Tyler, DT/N.C. State - The Titans have only four DT's on their roster andno real standout, if Haynesworth gets the boot or suspended for anything they will need DT help and Tyler could at least bolster the DL.

20 New York Giants 7-8-0: Amobi Okoye, DT/Louisville - The Giants have not DT presence since they lose C. Griffin and with the young Okoye they might have a talented young DL to power the D for a while.

21 Cincinnati Bengals 8-7-0: Zach Miller, TE/Arizona St - They have a lot of offensive fire power and a great TE will only boost the Cincy offense and give Palmer another weapon. Another choice could be Okam from Texas.

22 New England Patriots (from Seattle Seahawks) 8-7-0: Jeff Samardzija, WR/Notre Dame - The Pats need another playmaker for Brady, his numbers went down and he missed the Pro Bowl without his dynamic receiving corp.

23 Dallas Cowboys 9-6-0: Cedric Griffin, S/Texas - The Cowboys need another S opposite Williams to roam the secondary, I believe Griffin is a 2nd Rd pick but he could be gone before they pick in the 2nd Rd.

24 Philadelphia Eagles 9-6-0: Marcus McCauley, DB/Fresno St - The Eagles stock up on talent and with an athlete like McCauley they might try to fit him at S once Dawkins hangs it up.

25 New York Jets 9-6-0: Marshawn Lynch, RB/California - While I believe they dont use this pick on a RB and select a CB others are addiment that the Jets need a RB so Ill keep this pick here for a while.

26 Denver Broncos 9-6-0: LaMarr Woodley, DE/Michigan - He is a high motor guy who can fit the pass rushing need of our simple defense, he is an awesome fit.

27 New Orleans Saints 10-5-0: Paul Posluszny, OLB/Penn St - He should have cam out last year but he gets picked up by a team that looks very dangerous with him helping the LB corp.

28 New England Patriots 11-4-0: Darrelle Revis, CB/Pittsburgh - N.E. needs a CB that can help their secondary and with Revis' size and speed he can be an immediate help to this team.

29 Indianapolis Colts 11-4-0: Frank Okam, DT/Texas - They need a DT that can help their pass defense oriented defense stop the run.

30 Baltimore Ravens 12-3-0: Adam Carriker, DE/Nebraska - He is a big DE that looks like a 3-4 DE but with the speed and size combo he might be too good to pass up.

31 Chicago Bears 13-2-0: Earl Everett, OLB/Florida - If they loss Briggs Everett might be an adequate to great fit. He has speed and a nasty streak.

32 San Diego Chargers 13-2-0: Patrick Willis, ILB/Ole Miss - They are going to need ILB help with their current ILB's getting really old and getting out of favor.

The Playoff picture will determine what picks are formed from 21-32 starting in 2 weeks.

In that situation there is no way in hell that the Browns pass over Joe Thomas.
    The Browns are gone; I'm not a fan of the Impostors

The real Browns are in Baltimore, see?

Comment

I cant say I have any problem with Woodley. Once again, hopefully it turns out that way for us because the guy would be an awsome player for us and if he is there we would be stupid to pass him up UNLESS Lynch somehow falls, which I doubt.

Good job though!
      Bronco fan from Packer Land.
      Lefty Writer on The Sports Show with Woody Paige and Les Shapiro
      Tweet me @JoRo_5551

Comment

Good Mock TU, I disagree with very few picks...Denver being one of them.

I think your Oakland pick may be on the money...

Comment

Originally posted by TU_HurricaneDB
          Hey everyone, this is my weekly update to my Mock Draft, Feel Free to ask questions or make comments but an opinion with facts is a fools remark.

1 Detroit Lions 2-13-0: Brady Quinn, QB/Notre Dame - Detroit needs a QB to run their team and Quinn is just the player for the Lions, he has the tools and knows how to run an NFL offense because of Weiss, he might be like Eli Manning and over rated though.

2 Oakland Raiders 2-13-0: JaMarcus Russell, QB/LSU - The Raiders are looking for a QB in this draft plain and simple. Brooks and Walter wont lead this team out of the cellar and even with a weak O-line the Raiders need a QB.

3 Tampa Bay Bucs 4-11-0: Calvin Johnson, WR/Georgia Tech - Michael Clayton hasn't regained form from his rookie year and with Galloway getting really old Johnson might free some room and get the Cadillac out of the garage.

4 Cleveland Browns 4-11-0: Alan Branch, DT/Michigan - The Browns D-line is getting old and uneffective, they will be using a majority of the draft on linemen both O and D but if they want a stout D-line like NE, they need to use 1st Rd picks on it.

5 Arizona Cardinals 5-10-0: Joe Thomas, OT/Wisconson - The best O-lineman in the draft is off the AZ to help the weak Line and protect Matt Leinart.

6 Washington Redskins 5-10-0: Gaines Adams, DE/Clemson - Washington's defense was very weak this year and they could not generate any pass rush this year and the best DE in the draft is off to the nations capitol.

7 Houston Texans 5-10-0: LaRon Landry, S/LSU - Houston's secodary is extremely weak and even though they need a RB Dayne is doing an ok job so S is the first pick for them.

8 Minnesota Vikings 6-9-0: Ted Ginn Jr., WR/Ohio St - The Vikings are missing a big play receiver and Ginn might be just that. They need a receiver who can stretch the field because Williamson has not been able to do that.

9 San Fransisco 49ers 6-9-0: Dwayne Jarrett, WR/USC - Jarrett is the type of receiver that S.F. needs so that Smith can continue his progression. With jarrett they can start using picks for defense because they have the offensive weapons.

10 Miami Dolphins 6-9-0: Sidney Rice, WR/South Carolina - Miami needs more weapons for their offense because they stall a lot. They wont get a QB just yet because they gave a lot for Culpepper and Harrington.

11 Atlanta Falcons 7-8-0: Reggie Nelson, S/Florida - The Falcons need some safety help because Milloy is getting old and Crocker isn't a legit starter and wont be a gamebreaker like Nelson could be.

12 St. Louis Rams 7-8-0: Leon Hall, CB/Michigan - Even though they used a pick on Tye Hill, CB/Clemson in the 1st Rd last year, looking at their defense all their other CB's are either old or will never be starting CB's. Bartell has a chance but it is rumored that he might move to safety.

13 Carolina Panthers 7-8-0: Brian Brohm, QB/Louisville - He might fall if Russell has a great game against ND in the BCS game coming up, Brohm has a previously injured ACL torn knee and that might make him slip a tad if scouts and teams see that as a weakness.

14 Green Bay Packers 7-8-0: Adrian Peterson, RB/Oklahoma - Surprised to see him slip(?), well other than Cle, Oak and Hou who need RB's pretty bad G.B. needs a RB who can thrive as a one cut runner and with Rogers possibly taking over G.B. needs a party starter.

15 Pittsburgh Steelers 7-8-0: Justin Blalock, OL/Texas - Pit needs a lineman who can handle multiple positions and Blalock is just the guy. He is big and he is the type of Mauler Pit can use.

16 Buffalo Bills 7-8-0: Quentin Moses, DE/Georgia - Even though they have Aaron Schobel they need another DE who can put pressure on the QB and with McCargo, Schobel, Williams and Moses it could be a fierce line for quite a while.

17 Kansas City Chiefs 8-7-0: Levi Brown, OT/Penn St - He is big and a lineman who can replace the recently departed Roaf. Just the type of lineman K.C. is in need for.

18 Jacksonville Jaguars 8-7-0: Daymien Hughes, CB/California - Jax needs a CB to go opposite of Mathis. They are pretty stout on defense and might go after another safety later in the draft.

19 Tennessee Titans 8-7-0: DeMarcus Tyler, DT/N.C. State - The Titans have only four DT's on their roster andno real standout, if Haynesworth gets the boot or suspended for anything they will need DT help and Tyler could at least bolster the DL.

20 New York Giants 7-8-0: Amobi Okoye, DT/Louisville - The Giants have not DT presence since they lose C. Griffin and with the young Okoye they might have a talented young DL to power the D for a while.

21 Cincinnati Bengals 8-7-0: Zach Miller, TE/Arizona St - They have a lot of offensive fire power and a great TE will only boost the Cincy offense and give Palmer another weapon. Another choice could be Okam from Texas.

22 New England Patriots (from Seattle Seahawks) 8-7-0: Jeff Samardzija, WR/Notre Dame - The Pats need another playmaker for Brady, his numbers went down and he missed the Pro Bowl without his dynamic receiving corp.

23 Dallas Cowboys 9-6-0: Cedric Griffin, S/Texas - The Cowboys need another S opposite Williams to roam the secondary, I believe Griffin is a 2nd Rd pick but he could be gone before they pick in the 2nd Rd.

24 Philadelphia Eagles 9-6-0: Marcus McCauley, DB/Fresno St - The Eagles stock up on talent and with an athlete like McCauley they might try to fit him at S once Dawkins hangs it up.

25 New York Jets 9-6-0: Marshawn Lynch, RB/California - While I believe they dont use this pick on a RB and select a CB others are addiment that the Jets need a RB so Ill keep this pick here for a while.

26 Denver Broncos 9-6-0: LaMarr Woodley, DE/Michigan - He is a high motor guy who can fit the pass rushing need of our simple defense, he is an awesome fit.

27 New Orleans Saints 10-5-0: Paul Posluszny, OLB/Penn St - He should have cam out last year but he gets picked up by a team that looks very dangerous with him helping the LB corp.

28 New England Patriots 11-4-0: Darrelle Revis, CB/Pittsburgh - N.E. needs a CB that can help their secondary and with Revis' size and speed he can be an immediate help to this team.

29 Indianapolis Colts 11-4-0: Frank Okam, DT/Texas - They need a DT that can help their pass defense oriented defense stop the run.

30 Baltimore Ravens 12-3-0: Adam Carriker, DE/Nebraska - He is a big DE that looks like a 3-4 DE but with the speed and size combo he might be too good to pass up.

31 Chicago Bears 13-2-0: Earl Everett, OLB/Florida - If they loss Briggs Everett might be an adequate to great fit. He has speed and a nasty streak.

32 San Diego Chargers 13-2-0: Patrick Willis, ILB/Ole Miss - They are going to need ILB help with their current ILB's getting really old and getting out of favor.

The Playoff picture will determine what picks are formed from 21-32 starting in 2 weeks.
          Yo, again we aint going to be taking a WR.... unless for some rediculous reason Calvin falls to 10... which WONT happen...

Our prime needs are 3-4 OLB, OLinemen, CB, and S... We will address one of these positions in round 1.

Comment

Originally posted by Charlie Brown
            In that situation there is no way in hell that the Browns pass over Joe Thomas.

I kept Branch on your selection because like him or not the Browns gave Schaffer a big contract (Not a HUGE contract but its bigger than most get) and for them to have a 2 million hit on the cap for a lineman isn't really that good especially after one year.

Dolphins wont get a S in the first Rd because last year they got Jason Allen who is expected to start at FS next year. OLB or CB might be a selection. OLB doesn't look like a choice because the only real tweener is Wooley and he wont be a top 15 pick and Posluszny who could go in the top 10 to 15 isn't a 3-4 OLB so Ill stick with Rice for right now.

Comment

Originally posted by TU_HurricaneDB
              I kept Branch on your selection because like him or not the Browns gave Schaffer a big contract (Not a HUGE contract but its bigger than most get) and for them to have a 2 million hit on the cap for a lineman isn't really that good especially after one year
              Ok, but who said anything about Shaffer? I'm talking about Ryan Tucker. Tucker is old and injury prone. The Browns need offensive line help and I haven't seen enough of Shaffer to be a judge of him. But I do know that Joe Andruzzi, Cosey Coleman and Ryan Tucker all need replaced. They are all too old or in Coleman's case - no good.
              The Browns are gone; I'm not a fan of the Impostors

The real Browns are in Baltimore, see?

Comment

Originally posted by Charlie Brown
                Ok, but who said anything about Shaffer? I'm talking about Ryan Tucker. Tucker is old and injury prone. The Browns need offensive line help and I haven't seen enough of Shaffer to be a judge of him. But I do know that Joe Andruzzi, Cosey Coleman and Ryan Tucker all need replaced. They are all too old or in Coleman's case - no good.

I played with Schaffer and he wont do well moving from LT and that is what Thomas is best at when lining up. Aaron Sears is a versitile OL who can play G or T on the Right side so unless the idea is to replace Schaffer with Thomas Im not sure Thomas would fit. Aaron Sears and Doud Danish C from Ohio State are who I hear Cle are targeting. Danish is a Center this year but can play Tackle, so IF Bentley can play again then Danish could move to RT or RG.

Comment

Working...
                X