No announcement yet.

So what do you guys think.....(draft)?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• So what do you guys think.....(draft)?

Heck, ill even say in free-agency as well.....

Do you think Shanahan will strictly be picking up d-linemen in the draft and in free-agency?

Scheffler has been playing VERY well (and living up to what Shanahan wanted him to be).....so no need to get a tightend in the draft and fa?

Mike Bell is really stepping up as the star RB.....so no need to get a rb in the draft and fa?

Brandon Marshall is going to be a very nice #2 reciever.....so no need pick up a wr in the draft and fa?

I'm just wondering what Denver will be picking up in the offseason.....any thoughts?
    "I'm also serious when I say: You can't stop Elvis Dumervil; you can only hope to contain him." -Peter King-

sigpic
    -The best in the business-

Originally posted by TheMastermind

Do you think Shanahan will strictly be picking up d-linemen in the draft and in free-agency?

Scheffler has been playing VERY well (and living up to what Shanahan wanted him to be).....so no need to get a tightend in the draft and fa?

Mike Bell is really stepping up as the star RB.....so no need to get a rb in the draft and fa?

Brandon Marshall is going to be a very nice #2 reciever.....so no need pick up a wr in the draft and fa?

I'm just wondering what Denver will be picking up in the offseason.....any thoughts?
    DT, DE, S, OT

Those should be the priorities. A penetrating pass rusher to go alongside Warren in the middle, an every down rush end that can also play the run, a young athletic safety that can cover more terrain than lynch/ferguson, and an offensive tackle to provide depth or start and protect our golden boy QB.

Comment

Yeh i agree DL and Safety but I can say that Elvis Dumervil excites me every time he rushes the QB! We need a god run stopping tackle in my mind! Oh and i think Curome cox has played great in the absence of Ferguson but Lynch is getting old(despite his bad arse performance on Sunday) so we need a future replacement!

Comment

DL and Safety. We dont need a running back because Mike Bell has looked really good and will really push for the starting job next year.
        sigpic

Comment

I would bet anyone money that Shanahan will draft a RB this year. We do need one, Mike Bell wears down in games. Maybe he will be in better shape next season, but this season he's not ready to be a full-time starter. Plus, I don't think he is as good as a lot of people on this board do. The three big priorities are D-line (like it is every year), O-line (we need depth), S (very ramshackle position), and RB.

Comment

Originally posted by tommy1986
            I would bet anyone money that Shanahan will draft a RB this year. We do need one, Mike Bell wears down in games. Maybe he will be in better shape next season, but this season he's not ready to be a full-time starter. Plus, I don't think he is as good as a lot of people on this board do. The three big priorities are D-line (like it is every year), O-line (we need depth), S (very ramshackle position), and RB.
            lol thats four
            "I'm also serious when I say: You can't stop Elvis Dumervil; you can only hope to contain him." -Peter King-

sigpic
            -The best in the business-

Comment

Shanahan will use his picks on Defense and D-line because we really don't need much on offense. He used most of the picks draft on offense so what else is left. Ok RB, Tackle but he's not going to use the whole draft on RB and Tackle so be that means he has to go D and it will be D-line and safety.
              President Cool

Comment

d-line is obviously a pressing issue. we need to revamp our front four, starting with a DT that can consistently get some penetration. we do need to look for a saftey to replace the ageless john lynch. but i think we still really need a RB. as much as i like mike bell and the energy he brings, we need a powerful downhill runner, and tater just doesnt cut it. michael turner anyone?

My 2007 Adopt a Broncos are Brandon Marshall and Erica Weston

Comment

I think we will pick up an FA RB. Rumor had it we wanted some RB's from other teams last year, so what's stopping us from trying to get another. Then hopefully DT, DE, OT, S, DE, DT.

I'm really likin' Woodley.

Comment

First Round: DE (Even with Ekuban playing well, he's.. 31? He can start as we ease in a replacement)

Second Round: Safety (possibly trading to move up, Michael Griffin maybe?)

Third Round (Skins): DT (Marcus Thomas or someone)

Third Round: OT (Doug Free)

Fourth Round: WR (someone to be a number 3 and I don't think Free would last late enough in the fourth)

Fifth Round: Safety, someone who has some speed and special teams ability.

Sixth Round: LB, special teamer pick

Seventh Round: RB, if any ones that drop late and fit our system like Mike Bell last year. At this point I won't lose sleep if we don't draft that right 7th round guy...

Free Agency:

Top Priorities: DL, S, Backup QB, TE

DL:
                    Best IMO:
                    Charles Grant (NO)

S:
                    Best IMO:
                    Ken Hamlin (SEA)

but:
                    Gibril Wilson (NYG)
                    Deon Grant (JAX)

wouldn't be bad either

Backup QB:
                    Best IMO:
                    Anthony Wright (Cinncinati)

but:
                    Patrick Ramsey (NYJ) wouldn't be bad either

TE: (Alexander is getting old and Scheffler still needs help in blocking)
                    Go for:
                    Daniel Graham (New England)
                    sigpic

:cool: 150 lbs of pure steel and sex appeal. :cool:

D.J. 55's Mock Draft:

:logo:
                    Denver Broncos General Manager

Comment

^We don't have a 4th.

Comment

Who are the studs at DL coming out of college. I really believe a lot of D-Linemen are diamonds in the rough in the mid rounds (B.Berry). Look at our D-Line and what they did in college, all were expected to be great players in the NFL and still have the potential to be decent (have never played up to expectations) but aside from Julius Peppers a lot turn out be busts.
                        sigpic

Comment

I disagree about Mike Bell being the answer.

He's a formidable RB, but there are teams that will shut him out because of his lack of power.

I don't think we need to address RB with an early pick, but I do think Denver should look mid round for one, or maybe free agency if they feel they can get someone who would really fit their system.

The TBell MBell combo works well against most teams, but we need a more physical back against the more physical defenses.

Comment

Originally posted by TheMastermind

No... Sincerely, I think we will see a mix, from the Free Agent Market; we will likely see one or two defensive lineman, a veteran quarterback -- I personally believe one of our past prospects maybe: Van Pelt or Mauck. We will also likely see a safety, a younger veteran like Ken Hamilton approached by the Broncos. Defensive lineman like Coleman from Dallas or Sands from Oakland would be top D-Lineman Denver may be interested in.

As far as the draft, look for Denver to manipulate it once again, I really do believe the first part of the draft will be offensive set, do not cringe at the idea though, I think Denver will end up with more picks to get more or better players. I think Denver will end up with an extra third, fourth and fifth round picks, so they will likely trade around here or there if they want to move up.

Denver if they kept their current draft (no trades) would look something like this...now remember they will likely add a defensive lineman or two in Free Agency.

1st Round (Via Trade):
                            Marshawn Lynch (Halfback) California

2nd Round:
                            Ben Grubbs (Offensive Guard) Auburn

3rd Round (From Washington):
                            Marcus Thomas (Defensive Tackle) Florida

3rd Round:
                            Baraka Atkins (Defensive End) Miami

5th Round:
                            Brandon Myles (Wide Receiver) West Virginia

6th Round:
                            Chase Johnson (Offensive Tackle) Wyoming

7th Round:
                            James Ihedigbo (Strong Safety) UMass

But I truly believe we may trade Darrent Williams and Tatum Bell for other picks, quite honestly I think Tatum may be headed to backup a veteran, cause Shanahan likes Mike Bell as our relief Running Back, I see him in Green Bay behind Green, or behind Turner who I believe will go to one of the New York teams. Darrent will be a bigger trade, I see him maybe being part of the moving up trade to acquire a higher pick in round one for Lynch, if Shanahan does not trade the 08' First Round Pick with this years to move up high enough: I think it may take both or all four to get Shanahan where he wants IMHO.

Comment

I think that the Bronco's might go after Saftey Mike Lewis from the Eagles. He's a great tackler, he can defend passes and makes big hits. Eagles have been using him less, he might be a free agent next year.
                              In the Draft, I hope in the First Round we go either DT or RB. A DT who can generate pass rush and plug up the holes. Or a RB, only if Adrian Peterson or Marshawn Lynch falls to our draft pick. Highly doubt it.
                              We should also go after a FB in FA or in the Draft, we need one who can block for who ever starts a RB next year.
                              In FA, I think we should try to go after Marion Baber. He's got great cutback ablity and great power and downhill running. I say we give a third for him.

Comment

Working...
                              X