No announcement yet.

So what do you guys think.....(draft)?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

These are the players I would draft; positions not addressed would be met in FA.

1) RB/ FB Brian Leonard
    Rutgers
    Height: 6-1 Weight: 238
    40 Time: 4.56
    Projected Round: 2

Denvers running game hasn't been the same since Mike Anderson left. Plus, I believe top DE and DT will be gone by the time Denver's pick comes around.

2) DT Quinn Pitcock
    Ohio State
    Height: 6-3 Weight: 298
    40 Time: 4.95
    Projected Round: 2-3

3a) Josh Gattis FS/SS
    Wake Forest
    Height: 6-1 Weight: 212
    40 Time: 4.49
    Projected Round: 3

3b) K Mason Crosby
    Colorado
    Height: 6-1 Weight: 212
    40 Time: 5.18
    Projected Round: 3

17-of-19 from 49 yards on in; 89%

5) Daniel Sepulveda
    Baylor
    Height: 6-3 Weight: 223
    40 Time: 4.62
    Projected Round: 5

"Sepulveda's career punting average (45.24 yards per punt) is the best in the history of Division I football for players with at least 50 punts. He also established an NCAA record with 94 career punts of 50-plus yards" (NFL Draft Scout, 2006).

6) OT Mike Otto
    Purdue
    Height: 6-5 Weight: 305
    40 Time: 5.12
    Projected Round: 6

7) DT Paul Soliai DT/OG
    Utah
    Height: 6-4 Weight: 325
    40 Time: 5.32
    Projected Round: 7

Comment

ok i have to chime in here on this one.

as far as free agents go-- asanti sammuelCB free agent

jared allen RFA.
      dwight freeney UFA

as far as draft is concerned.--
      we do have a 4th rounder. a high one from the lelie trade as well as a high 3rd rounder

1- DT the biggest best we can find. warren and myers really stink this year
      2- OT to replace that foster guy
      3- RB need a play maker here. thought about ahman green, but i dont htink he has enough in the tank
      4- PR/KR/SAFETY OR CORNER
      anything else i could care less
      thank god its football season again

broncos and yankees--champions go together

Comment

No FB

We only need a FB if Sapp isn't rehabbing well. Johnson is an adequate backup and can start for other teams but Sapp is dang good and improving every year. So if we go for a FB it has got to be in the second day or FA only!

Let's all pray that if we move up in this year's draft it is to get DEs or a playmaker at Safety. If #1 is a safety then the next 4 better be DL and OL.
        "What I can promise is that...I’m going to play like my hair’s on fire. I’ve found that when you play that way, making plays just happens naturally.”

Comment

Originally posted by DiehardinAlaska
          We only need a FB if Sapp isn't rehabbing well. Johnson is an adequate backup and can start for other teams but Sapp is dang good and improving every year. So if we go for a FB it has got to be in the second day or FA only!

Let's all pray that if we move up in this year's draft it is to get DEs or a playmaker at Safety. If #1 is a safety then the next 4 better be DL and OL.
          Before Rice arrived Leonard played RB.

Our running game sucks when we have to pass on 3 and 2. Denver needs a physical RB.

Comment

Who's the most impresive D lineman that Denver has a chance of getting? Everyone one I see is a reach; I'd rather go for the most talented player in round 1 that fills Denver need at a position.

Comment

I would agree with Buffalo, we could use good talent in almost every position, except QB and maybe TE.

Comment

Originally posted by Buffalo118
                Before Rice arrived Leonard played RB.

Our running game sucks when we have to pass on 3 and 2. Denver needs a physical RB.

Leonard isn't quick enough, or elusive enough to play RB in the NFL.

He will fill a nice hatchback role in the NFL, but we don't feature that role.

Comment

Originally posted by Mile High Jedi
                  I would agree with Buffalo, we could use good talent in almost every position, except QB and maybe TE.
                  Agreed. We obviously have needs on the D-line and at safety, and the O-line has been a cause for concern too. But I think the winning formula is to go after best talent available as compared to the most pressing need. If you think that 'well, if we could only shore up the d-line, then we would be a Superbowl team', think again. Drafting to address a pressing need is dangerous because it can trap a team into a cycle passing on the more talented players it should draft to consistenly field a high quality team.

Drafting Cutler is a perfect example of how to draft...and Plummer was not on of the 'pressing needs' identified last year around this time.

My opinion is the Broncos have an adequate line if they can acquire a solid DT through FA or the draft. I think EE, Warren, (X), and a rotation of Lang and Dumerville/Chuckwaruh will be adequate next year.

I think the offensive line is as much of a concern as the RB is. Injuries and ineffectiveness have been a problem in both the running and passing game. I think the time is now to build a solid, legacy offensive line for Cutler and the next great running back. Next year the Bell offensive gets another go, unless we get gifted with a superstar sliding in the draft. Let's build a solid line for Cutler because offense has to be a concern after this season. Shanny is the offensive mastermind, right? So let's play to our strengths. RB next year unless a steal comes up.

The strategy for the draft this year is simple. Draft talent, acquire needs.

Don't need a QB, LB, or CB. Draft the best of what is available when it's your turn...with an eye toward linemen.

Considering the trade bait we have, and possible FA pickups, this could be another great offseason for the Broncos.

Some questions:

How is Kuper progressing?
                  Does Hamza Abdullah have a shot of replacing Lynch or is he a career special teamer?
                  What are our likely FA losses (except #16)?

Comment

Working...
                  X