Adam Archuleta?? (Merged)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Adam Archuleta?? (Merged)

I doubt he will be back in Washington, and with all out safety problems, would he be a good pickup?
    sigpic

no, he did nothing in washington.

Comment

Hes overrated.

Comment

Originally posted by robbensays
        no, he did nothing in washington.

as i understand, washington tried to switch him to a COVER safety, not his strong point.

Its like asking Lynch to cover.

Just a thought
        sigpic

Comment

way overpaid... isn't he the highest paid safety now? but I think he'd be pretty productive here but the price isn't worth it

Comment

Originally posted by coco
            as i understand, washington tried to switch him to a COVER safety, not his strong point.

Just a thought

we need someone who can cover and blitz. afc west division has 2 great tight ends.. tony gonzales and antonio gates.. we should probably get someone who can cover since we are never blitzing..
            Last edited by robbensays; 12-28-2006, 05:46 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by BSmitty7
              way overpaid... isn't he the highest paid safety now? but I think he'd be pretty productive here but the price isn't worth it

Im speaking of productionwise, numbers can be worked out, especialy after a lackluster season.
              sigpic

Comment

He's a GREAT player. He's a younger version of John Lynch. If we would like to replace John Lynch in our backfield, Archuletta would be IDEAL for us. He's a VERY good player if you use him correctly.

He's not a coverage Safety though. Don't expect him to be, and don't rely on him to be. The Washington Redskins are idiots. They completely tried to use him in a manner of which he's not suited. When you bring a player over via FA, you have to be sure you know the type of player he is, and know that the type you are getting is the type that you WANT. Williams in Washington immediatly tried to change Adam into a coverage safety, and expected him to be something he wasn't. That was Washington's fault.

Adam is a good player... a VERY good player.

Comment

I think he would be a good pickup. He was a beast in St Louis because they used him right. They use him wrong in Washington and his production has dropped.
                  Originally posted by Soldier96B
                  i also took a crap and it was orange

Comment

Originally posted by SeeingRed
                    I think he would be a good pickup. He was a beast in St Louis because they used him right. They use him wrong in Washington and his production has dropped.
                    Its easy to have dropped production when they sit you down for 7 games.

Comment

if we got a deal on him I would take him but he is not worst the highest price for any safety in the NFL I would take him but under certain conditions

RIP Darrent It's been one year, Gone but never Forgotten.

I Adopted JayCutler4MVP!!! and DJ Williams

Comment

Whacha tryin' to say?

Just a thought
                        Our HoF SS should be playing SS like he did for a decade instead of playing FS as he slows down while we decide which of our CBs should play SS? Oops, sorry, no; I'm the one who's always sayin' that, never mind....
                        SIGN RANDALL GODFREY FOR SLB AND BACKUP MLB NOW!!!

Comment

Um

I doubt he will be back in Washington, and with all out safety problems, would he be a good pickup?

NO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

Huh?

Originally posted by Ravage!!!
                            He's a GREAT player. He's a younger version of John Lynch. If we would like to replace John Lynch in our backfield, Archuletta would be IDEAL for us. He's a VERY good player if you use him correctly.

He's not a coverage Safety though. Don't expect him to be, and don't rely on him to be. The Washington Redskins are idiots. They completely tried to use him in a manner of which he's not suited. When you bring a player over via FA, you have to be sure you know the type of player he is, and know that the type you are getting is the type that you WANT. Williams in Washington immediatly tried to change Adam into a coverage safety, and expected him to be something he wasn't. That was Washington's fault.

Adam is a good player... a VERY good player.

Yeah, so great Washington may whack him aftere just one year into his contract.

Archuleta is a stiff.

Comment

Archaletta Unhappy lol...

http://www.sportsline.com/nfl/story/9894822

Seems like the fella cant wait to leave the Redskins... Since we are known for ripping off the Redskins do you think we should pick him up? Being as if we should change to a 3-4, i think putting archaletta at one of the outside lb spots would be fantastic. We could put D.J. on the other side and gold by wilson in the middle. Sounds great to me, D.J. and Archy can shut down the WR's and TE's and let Wilson and Gold add pass rush and run support up the middle... Sounds nice to me!!!
                              On a side note, we can send plummer to the redskins for archy.... and maybe get a 3rd round pick as well... and a 4th....... do u think they would give a 7th? they have a history of overpaying their players after all!
                              sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X