• Time
  • Show
Clear All

He would be awesome as a Bronco!

John Lynch Jr. huh?

Follow the Forehead Bronco Faithful! sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by MindField
      Yeah, so great Washington may whack him aftere just one year into his contract.

Archuleta is a stiff.
      How so?..........

Comment

first off, i don't see how the redfaces can afford to release him just one season after signing him to a big contract. . . and secondly, hell no i wouldn't want him here. . . he's just a name-- hasn't been worth crap since he started having back problems. . . .
        Officially Objectified by the GPA

rest in peace, darrent williams and damien nash-- you will be missed!!

Comment

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=2710691

just an article with him.....

Comment

Originally posted by coco
            I doubt he will be back in Washington, and with all out safety problems, would he be a good pickup?

I would love to see Adam Archuleta in Orange and blue! He's a great player and no he might not have stood out much last year but remember when Champ and John came here? They were said to be the most over rated FA pick ups of the year on Sportscenter. Even a lot of Denver fans were saying how bad they sucked. Anyways I'd say it worked out pretty well with them. Think of what it would be like if we had 2 hitting safeties again! It would be like when we had Atwater and Smith. That would be great.
            _
            Card by broncos_mtnman Sig by MasterShake America: Freedom to Fascism Watch this!
            All you need to know about Yellow & White Bars, CPs, and Levels

Comment

Originally posted by Hansolo
              He would be awesome as a Bronco!

John Lynch Jr. huh?

He does remind me of Lynch somewhat. I remember being stoked on this guy when he was drafted outta Arizona. He had a pretty interesting workout that focused on explosive motions with lighter weights. I haven't heard much about him lately though.

Comment

Archuleta is not a great player, in fact he sucks. He has the speed to be a good coverage safety, yet he isn't. He's so bad, that the Redskins went out and got old man Troy Vincent to feel the SS position. No thanks.

Comment

Originally posted by dogfish
                  first off, i don't see how the redfaces can afford to release him just one season after signing him to a big contract. . . and secondly, hell no i wouldn't want him here. . . he's just a name-- hasn't been worth crap since he started having back problems. . . .
                  I think we've all been shown that the Redskins and Dan Snyder can afford whatever they want to afford.

If he's healthy, I wouldn't mind bringing him in...
                  sigpic

:cool: 150 lbs of pure steel and sex appeal. :cool:

D.J. 55's Mock Draft:

:logo:
                  Denver Broncos General Manager

Comment

The Redskins are idiots. Archuletta is a former LBer. So what does Greg Williams want to do with him?? Make him a cover safety???

That is ridiculous. If Lynch wasn't going to be here next year Archuletta would be a good pickup because Denver would play him close to the LOS. I'm not sure how much he will cost but since he gets to pocket the $10 million signing bonus the Redskins gave him maybe he'll want to go to a winner more than a huge payday.

Comment

There's top talent entering the draft at the safety position, here's a few:

Laron Landry
                      Reggie Nelson
                      Michael Griffin
                      Brandon Meriweather

I would be happy with any of these guys
                      Eric Weddle S Utah

Comment

Originally posted by Morambar
                        Our HoF SS should be playing SS like he did for a decade instead of playing FS as he slows down while we decide which of our CBs should play SS? Oops, sorry, no; I'm the one who's always sayin' that, never mind....
                        Once again guys are confusing the difference between a SS and a FS. IT HAS VERY LITTLE TO DO WITH "Coverage abilities". The SS lines up over the TE (strong side) in most formations where the FS plays the weak side. Believe it or not, the SS draws MORE single coverage responsibilites (matching up on the TE) than the FS usually does. Do you want Lynch matching up on the TEs in the AFC west every game??? You saw what that was like vs Gates a few weeks ago.

The FS typically plays centerfield more often and it allows him to read and react to the play more than just follow a guy and try to keep him outta the game. Granted, this also puts him in deep coverage more often as the "over the top" player responsible for not giving up the big play.

Many times, the FS is your "enforcer". Both Ronnie Lott and Steve Atwater played their best ball as FS. Atwater was never seen as an elite "cover safety" and usually Tyrone Braxton played SS because he was better in coverage.

Brian Dawkins and Ed Reed are the modern equivalent of "elite" FS, because they need to be in space to be effective. Lynch is no different. It is normal to see that a guy who's "lost a step" be moved to FS because normally he has more of a cushion if he is needed over the top. NTM, it allows him to use his experience and read-and-react more readily.

Any Safety can come up to the line for the blitz or run support duties, but the FS normally doesn't have the TE as an added responsibility. This is one of the reasons that you see Lynch at the LOS so often and rarely see him one on one with a TE...because he has no other responsibility than to run to the ball and tackle.

Comment

I liked him in St. Louis. He was good against the run and a big hitter. I wouldn't mind him here if the price was right.
                          sigpic

Thank you for everything Darrent. I'll never forget #27.

Comment

Working...
                          X