Lorenzo Booker

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lorenzo Booker

The senior runningback out of Florida State had a huge game against UCLA yesternight in the Emerald Bowl. This kid can flat out fly, and he excels at catching the ball out of the backfield. I think the only reason why he's not considered a first rounder right now is because Florida State is known for not getting the most out of their star RB recruits and FSU's O-line is pretty bad as well. After all, he was the #1 player coming out of high school. I see him as a Brian Westbrook type back. I think he would be a great pick in the 3rd round. Thoughts?

He seems more like a Tatum Bell-type player.

We need a guy tha can carry the ball 25-30 times a game, not a big play guy like him.
    Go Huskers.

Comment

Originally posted by Nick7
      He seems more like a Tatum Bell-type player.

We need a guy tha can carry the ball 25-30 times a game, not a big play guy like him.

Maybe, but he's wayyyyy better at catching the ball than Bell is.

I agree with the second part, there are RB's I'd rather have than Booker, but I think he is a reasonable option in the middle rounds because of his potential and explosiveness.

Comment

Originally posted by tommy1986
        Maybe, but he's wayyyyy better at catching the ball than Bell is.

I agree with the second part, there are RB's I'd rather have than Booker, but I think he is a reasonable option in the middle rounds because of his potential and explosiveness.

As an FSU fan, I've watched just about every game for the last four years. I would compare Booker to another FSU RB, Warrick Dunn, just without the vision. Booker is a good player but will never be dominant. He will be a perrenial back-up like Kevin Faulk. Booker lacks power and the ability to run between the tackles effectively. He's a change of pace back at best.

Comment

Working...
        X