14. Carolina
    15. Pittsburgh
    16. Green Bay
    17. Jacksonville
    18. Cincinnati
    19. Tennessee
    20. N.Y. Giants
    21. Denver
    Last edited by NOFX_1; 01-01-2007, 04:46 PM.

Will Denver switch picks with washington because of the trade earlier in the season?

Comment

no denver gets washingtons 3rd and 4th rounders
      thank god its football season again

broncos and yankees--champions go together

Comment

Really? Why?

Comment

trading with ashley lelie

atlanta got lelie
          wash got TJ duckett
          Denver got 3rd and 4th rounder from wash

Comment

I thought it was a lot more complicated than that.

Comment

the complication you are thinking of was dependant on where each atlanta and wash landed in teh draft. that being said this has already been reported that we get washingtons 3rd and 4th picks which are really high and valuable

Comment

Thats cool with me.

Comment

How is it that the N.Y. Giants pick before us and there are in the playoffs?

Comment

Originally posted by broncsyanks
                    no denver gets washingtons 3rd and 4th rounders
                    Are you sure it is the 3rd and 4th rounders and not just a 3rd? I thought the 3rd and 4th rounders came into play if Washingont was further back in the draft.
                    The human body has two ends on it: one to create with and one to sit on. Sometimes people get their ends reversed. When this happens they need a kick in the seat of the pants. --- Theodore Roosevelt

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by jroakes
                      because the NFC sucks

Comment

i think Denver gets Washington's 3rd round pick... they get washington's 4th round pick NEXT year. BUt, with Redskins picking 5th... that 3rd rounder is pretty much a 2nd round pick... #69 right? I think Denver also will get high draft pick as compensation for D-williams... and ... comp picks for losing Mike Anderson and Trevor Pryce.

Comment

Originally posted by jroakes
                          they dont, denver picks 20th, the giants are at best 21
                          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by fraguela09
                            i think Denver gets Washington's 3rd round pick... they get washington's 4th round pick NEXT year. BUt, with Redskins picking 5th... that 3rd rounder is pretty much a 2nd round pick... #69 right? I think Denver also will get high draft pick as compensation for D-williams... and ... comp picks for losing Mike Anderson and Trevor Pryce.
                            Not sure how compensation works in the case of a tragedy like with DW.

I am not sure where we land with Pryce and Anderson. I thought both were cut, along with Putzier, and if that is the case, then their is no compensation.

All we could possibly be compensated was for any free agents that we failed to resign, and then that is offset by free agents we signed. The NFL has some formula that takes into account the free agents you signed and lost, and how each performed and tries to determine if you came up short, and then compensates you in the later rounds.

From what I can remember, I don't think we are going to get much compensation for lost free agents this year.
                            The human body has two ends on it: one to create with and one to sit on. Sometimes people get their ends reversed. When this happens they need a kick in the seat of the pants. --- Theodore Roosevelt

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by tnedator
                              Not sure how compensation works in the case of a tragedy like with DW.

I am not sure where we land with Pryce and Anderson. I thought both were cut, along with Putzier, and if that is the case, then their is no compensation.

All we could possibly be compensated was for any free agents that we failed to resign, and then that is offset by free agents we signed. The NFL has some formula that takes into account the free agents you signed and lost, and how each performed and tries to determine if you came up short, and then compensates you in the later rounds.

From what I can remember, I don't think we are going to get much compensation for lost free agents this year.
                              They have to be free agents to be regarded as worthy for a comp. pick, they must also be a starter or key player. The only real chance of a comp. pick would be for Monsanto Pope, I think he started in Indianapolis and he would bring a late second day pick 5th or 6th round, if anything.

As far as tragedy picks...I am not sure the league even does such a thing, though they should. I think before the first round even begins they should do memorial picks for the teams that lost players or had major tragedy: Denver, New Orleans...etc. It would go a long way in relations and helping the team involved.

Comment

Working...
                              X