What to do with Jake?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What to do with Jake?

What do you think the Broncos are going to do with Jake? The way I see it they really have 3 options:
    1. Trade Jake to a team(like the bears, he is bad, but not as bad a Grossman) for a draft pick, possibly anywhere from the 2nd-4th round? And use it to draft a pretty good player they feel can help the team.

2. Trade Jake(possibly Tatum with him) to a team for a Corner Back, to replace the recent loss of Darrent Williams, may he rest in peace.

3. Keep Jake as the holder for Field goals and Extra points, he could possibly help Cutler develop even more. . . as long as he doesn't say it is better to just throw it away from the orange and Blue when under pressure. . .

What do you guys think the Broncos will do with him? If there are more likely options, please state them.
    __________________________________________________ ___________
    Rest In peace Darrent Williams

Originally posted by Ferryboat63
    What do you think the Broncos are going to do with Jake? The way I see it they really have 3 options:
    1. Trade Jake to a team(like the bears, he is bad, but not as bad a Grossman) for a draft pick, possibly anywhere from the 2nd-4th round? And use it to draft a pretty good player they feel can help the team.

2. Trade Jake(possibly Tatum with him) to a team for a Corner Back, to replace the recent loss of Darrent Williams, may he rest in peace.

3. Keep Jake as the holder for Field goals and Extra points, he could possibly help Cutler develop even more. . . as long as he doesn't say it is better to just throw it away from the orange and Blue when under pressure. . .

What do you guys think the Broncos will do with him? If there are more likely options, please state them.
    __________________________________________________ ___________
    Rest In peace Darrent Williams
    I still hold out hope there is a market to trade Jake on...

There are several Coaches that will have to win next year, that have bad QB situations, and Jake will look like an improvement to them (ala the Browns, Vikings, etc)...so we'll see. I just continue to hold out hope there is a home for Jake somewhere else on the trade market.....it only takes one team

Same with George Foster (to the Texans for their 4th rounder?)...
    Same with Tatum Bell ( can we get a second or third for him?)...

...and if I am really lucky, the Broncos will deal Ian Gold's carcass as well. Rarely has their been a more over-rated Bronco than Gold. He would look good in Bear colors if Lance Briggs leaves in free agency.

Comment

Originally posted by MindField
      There are several Coaches that will have to win next year, that have bad QB situations, and Jake will look like an improvement to them (ala the Browns, Vikings, etc)...so we'll see.
      Hell no.

Tim Couch > Jake Plummer

I hate Couch ergo, I do not want Plummer.

Plummer would be a horrific mistake by Savage. Crennel has no control over the GM. So, no matter what Crennel thinks of a guy Savage has the final say. Crennel can offer advice on who he would like, but choosing that player is up to Savage.

Jake Plummer would be an idiotic move. The Browns merely need to get rid of Dorsey as he hasn't done squat. Anderson has done fairly well in relief of Frye. All the Browns need is a veteran backup. Plummer has an ego about him and I do not like that. I have no interest whatsoever in him.
      The Browns are gone; I'm not a fan of the Impostors

The real Browns are in Baltimore, see?

Comment

Well

Originally posted by Charlie Brown
        Hell no.

Tim Couch > Jake Plummer

I hate Couch ergo, I do not want Plummer.

Plummer would be a horrific mistake by Savage. Crennel has no control over the GM. So, no matter what Crennel thinks of a guy Savage has the final say. Crennel can offer advice on who he would like, but choosing that player is up to Savage.

Jake Plummer would be an idiotic move. The Browns merely need to get rid of Dorsey as he hasn't done squat. Anderson has done fairly well in relief of Frye. All the Browns need is a veteran backup. Plummer has an ego about him and I do not like that. I have no interest whatsoever in him.

Tim Couch does not matter. He is out of the NFL.

Crennel's future right now hangs on Charlie Frye, and I am sorry, but Jake Plummer is better than Frye...

Desparate teams sometimes do desparate things....

Comment

Plummer may get a good look from Tampa Bay. I was reading an article were Gruden kept saying that he needed a consistant starter (even though they just extended Simms contract) from game to game.

Jake is an Iron Man - He doesn't (cross fingers) get injured often.

Comment

Originally posted by MindField
            Tim Couch does not matter. He is out of the NFL.

Crennel's future right now hangs on Charlie Frye, and I am sorry, but Jake Plummer is better than Frye...

Desparate teams sometimes do desparate things....
            Like ignoring the team's needs.

GREAT IDEA.

The Browns need an offensive line. Not another QB. I can't believe people are so blind they can't see that. Like these jerks saying the Browns should draft Quinn because his dad is/was a Browns fan. I don't give a hoot about who Quinn wants to play for. He'll play for who drafts him, whether he likes it or not. My personal hope is that the Raiders draft him and he can rot there. Plummer does not help the Browns unless he picks up 250+ pounds and learns to play offensive line. I highly doubt a QB can make a position shift to OL, so Plummer would be an idiotic choice.

Comment

If the Browns thought an O-line was important Couch still might be able to play football.

Comment

Originally posted by 22cannon
                If the Browns thought an O-line was important Couch still might be able to play football.
                Blame Butch Davis for that.

If Savage was smart and knew what was good for the team he would address the OL. Frye is not the problem. The problem is the offensive line. Tucker is having his 'mental problems' and is aging. Coleman is average at best and Andruzzi is too old and slow.

Comment

The browns could have a whole new line from center to the right tackle next year. They have 6 OL free agents next year.

Comment

Originally posted by 22cannon
                    The browns could have a whole new line from center to the right tackle next year. They have 6 OL free agents next year.
                    That's not smart. That's pretty stupid. The OL needs to get fixed this offseason. Not next offseason. There is no procrastinating. You fix the OL and then see how the QB plays with it. He does well, he's a keeper. He doesn't do well, then look for someone else. It is too soon to judge Frye. He's played one and a half seasons as a starter. This is his first full season as a starting QB.

Comment

Childress said that they're going with Jackson/Bollinger in Minnesota...he specifically said they won't pursue Bledsoe, Plummer, etc.

Tampa has Gradkowski and Simms...they're fine.

Cleveland has two young players...they're fine.

Houston seems like the only realistic scenario, at this time.

Comment

Originally posted by WABronco
                        Childress said that they're going with Jackson/Bollinger in Minnesota...he specifically said they won't pursue Bledsoe, Plummer, etc.

Tampa has Gradkowski and Simms...they're fine.

Cleveland has two young players...they're fine.

Houston seems like the only realistic scenario, at this time.
                        Well, there is always Miami maybe?

Comment

Originally posted by cinnamunmun
                          Well, there is always Miami maybe?
                          Cleo Lemon and a recovering Culpepper would indicate otherwise, IMO.

Comment

Originally posted by WABronco
                            Cleo Lemon and a recovering Culpepper would indicate otherwise, IMO.
                            I keep forgetting about Culpepper....

I suppose the Raiders could pick him up if we let him go..

Green Bay has that one kid.

Bears don't need him

What about Detroit? Although Kitna threw for over 4000 yards he did play shaky at times.

Comment

trade him for a draft pick
                              "If you fumble the ball, I will break off my foot in your John Brown hind parts; and then you will run a mile."My Adopted bronc is Duke Ihenacho

Comment

Working...
                              X