Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by cinnamunmun
    I keep forgetting about Culpepper....

I suppose the Raiders could pick him up if we let him go..

Green Bay has that one kid.

Bears don't need him

What about Detroit? Although Kitna threw for over 4000 yards he did play shaky at times.
    Ehhh, Detroit has Kitna and McCown. Marinelli said he's sticking with Kitna for '07 too.

Comment

Originally posted by WABronco
      Childress said that they're going with Jackson/Bollinger in Minnesota...he specifically said they won't pursue Bledsoe, Plummer, etc.

Tampa has Gradkowski and Simms...they're fine.

Cleveland has two young players...they're fine.

Houston seems like the only realistic scenario, at this time.
      Actually I have thought about this and I saw a thread on another site about a three way trade with Denver, Oakland and the Texans. I do not remember the whole aspects of the thread: But it was Plummer to the Texans for Oakland's 3rd Round Pick and the Texans would send Carr to Oakland for Jerry Porter and a latter day pick, I think a 4th Rounder. (Officially Oakland would trade Porter and their 3rd Round Pick to Houston for their 4th Round Pick and David Carr, then Houston would send Oakland's 3rd Round Pick to Denver for Jake Plummer.) -- I think it would be smart for Denver, and a smart move for both Oakland and more so for Houston. -- Another possibility is Houston trading with Denver for both Plummer and Tatum, I think they want to keep some picks so Denver could maybe (if the deal above had any truth) I think Denver could trade a latter 3rd Round Pick, Tatum and Plummer for their overall 2nd Round Pick. -- Okay, it was just a thought...sounded good in theory...lol.

As far as the Browns, I do not see that happening -- I think the Browns would be an Idea trading partner for Foster who would likely be a Pro Bowler on their line, if I am right and they get Foster and another big time prospect in the draft, I think Cleveland will be a very dangerous opponent in the near future.

Comment

Originally posted by lancane
        As far as the Browns, I do not see that happening -- I think the Browns would be an Idea trading partner for Foster who would likely be a Pro Bowler on their line, if I am right and they get Foster and another big time prospect in the draft, I think Cleveland will be a very dangerous opponent in the near future.
        I may be exposing horrible ignorance here, but why would Foster be a pro bowler on their line? I know he is a little too slow for our scheme, so might do better in a scheme requiring less athleticism, but a pro bowler?
        RIP Darrent Williams

We'll all miss you

Comment

Originally posted by lancane
          Foster would be a horrid pick.

The Browns need a LT. Kevin Shaffer played LT for a left-handed QB. Meaning he wasn't protecting the blindside. He is better fit as a traditional RT. The Browns need to pick up a franchise LT to protect Frye's blindside. Not to pick up two traditional right tackles and pray that one of them can magically turn into a franchise LT.
          The Browns are gone; I'm not a fan of the Impostors

The real Browns are in Baltimore, see?

Comment

Originally posted by 22cannon
            The browns could have a whole new line from center to the right tackle next year. They have 6 OL free agents next year.
            We better not go after any more "Browncos".

A lot of good that did for us on our D LINE!

Comment

If we can't get a 3rd round pick (or at least a high 4th), we should just release him. He is brutal considering the mula he's making.
              Darrent Williams 1982-2007

Damien Nash 1982-2007

Comment

Do something

trade him who the hell cares where he goes just as long as they give something decent in return
                just whatever u do don't keep him just to hold kicks............ i say that for 2 reasons

1. he isn't gonna be happy as a #2 and nothing good can come out of him being unhappy

2. he's far to expensive just to hold kicks

bring Preston Parsons up and have him hold kicks
                sigpic

Comment

Unless the Broncos can garner a first-day selection for Plummer; they will not trade him. We break even cap wise as far as a hit if we trade him or release him before June 1st. If the Broncos cannot get what they want for him; they'll release him after June 1st and gain 5.5 to 6 million in cap space. That's the smart move.

Comment

Originally posted by Dream
                    Unless the Broncos can garner a first-day selection for Plummer; they will not trade him. We break even cap wise as far as a hit if we trade him or release him before June 1st. If the Broncos cannot get what they want for him; they'll release him after June 1st and gain 5.5 to 6 million in cap space. That's the smart move.
                    Could you imagine putting that 6 million dollars of cap space toward Nate Clements... that just popped into my mind.
                    Darrent Williams 1982-2007

Damien Nash 1982-2007

Comment

Originally posted by tdot_bronco
                      Could you imagine putting that 6 million dollars of cap space toward Nate Clements... that just popped into my mind.
                      I like this idea but with the cap room that some teams will have we would be lucky to land a guy like this. He will get top dollar from some team and it will be quite a bit more than we can manage. Still though, I guy can dream. . . . . . . .

Just imagine. . .Champ and Clements. . . .

Comment

Originally posted by jlarsiii
                        I like this idea but with the cap room that some teams will have we would be lucky to land a guy like this. He will get top dollar from some team and it will be quite a bit more than we can manage. Still though, I guy can dream. . . . . . . .

Just imagine. . .Champ and Clements. . . .

I agree with you, but lets think about it, we lost darrent, so they are going to give us his salary back on the cap. Adding that to the 6million from plummer, and it is possible we could have him.(adding in the fact that who wouldn;t wanna be working beside Champ? he would make you look that much better...)

Comment

i say trade plummer and tatum for draft picks, and pick up booker from fs, and zabrantsky from boise, those are two players who have really impressed me, booker speedy like tatum but he holds the ball fairly well, and zabrantsky looks like he has so much fun when he's playing, plummer's ready to move on, he doesn't want to be anyone's second fiddle, so let him go, tatums tatum, and i agree with the clements pickup, wow

Comment

Plummer's not all that bad

I say we keep him as a back up and a mentor. At least he won games. He was 7-4 and we were in playoff hopes. But Cutler performs better he just doesn't lead and makes some rookie mistakes. We could trade him but we won't realisticly get much for him.

Rest In Peace - Darrent Williams

Comment

They probably will cut him because it will save the Broncos more against the cap unless they could get a high draft pick for him which is very unlikely.
                              Broncos fans since age 6.
                              Fanatical Broncos fan since 1991.
                              Favorite Player: John Elway
                              Favorite Coach: Mike Shanahan

Comment

trade jake for a second round pick to maybe the dolphins, raiders, lions.........?

Comment

Working...
                                X