Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rezy
    replied
    I know this is too much to hope for, and possibly i dont know what i'm talking about. But why dont we keep Plummer?

Pros:

1. Cutler gets injured we have a experienced QB who is already familliar with the system.

2. Experience.

3. Team Leader.

4 Really the guy isn't that bad. If you had the pressure this guy indured during his time with the Broncs. you too will be dropping the ball. Besides it wasn't all his fault. I blame the pass coverage he wasn't getting. Hence the last 2 games of the season.

5. He's suave and nimble in and out of the pocket. I mean he's no V. Young but he's no M. Vick either. (loud mouth).

6. '05 he was 13-3 give him credit. The guy was working for his job every game.

Cons:

1. Money.

2. Wasted trading chip.

3. Possibly will never go to SB.

4. Turnovers!

5. Unpredictable.?

All in all

I think hes better than:

Grossman
    any of the JAX QB
    any eagles QB
    Vick
    Leinardt
    Rivers
    Manning (thats Eli folks)
    Hasselbeck
    Roethlisberger
    CUTLER

Leave a comment:

• Nikaragua
    replied
    People dont understand draft picks I guess

If we trade Plummer, the highest pick we could dream of getting is maybe a forth and we could get a fifth. This isn't Madden. This is real and picks are valuable

Leave a comment:

• broncos74310
    replied
    trade jake for a second round pick to maybe the dolphins, raiders, lions.........?

Leave a comment:

• Loyalty
    replied
    They probably will cut him because it will save the Broncos more against the cap unless they could get a high draft pick for him which is very unlikely.

Leave a comment:

• Nikaragua
    replied
    Plummer's not all that bad

I say we keep him as a back up and a mentor. At least he won games. He was 7-4 and we were in playoff hopes. But Cutler performs better he just doesn't lead and makes some rookie mistakes. We could trade him but we won't realisticly get much for him.

Rest In Peace - Darrent Williams

Leave a comment:

• tjhenry
    replied
    i say trade plummer and tatum for draft picks, and pick up booker from fs, and zabrantsky from boise, those are two players who have really impressed me, booker speedy like tatum but he holds the ball fairly well, and zabrantsky looks like he has so much fun when he's playing, plummer's ready to move on, he doesn't want to be anyone's second fiddle, so let him go, tatums tatum, and i agree with the clements pickup, wow

Leave a comment:

• Ferryboat63
    replied
    Originally posted by jlarsiii
    I like this idea but with the cap room that some teams will have we would be lucky to land a guy like this. He will get top dollar from some team and it will be quite a bit more than we can manage. Still though, I guy can dream. . . . . . . .

Just imagine. . .Champ and Clements. . . .

I agree with you, but lets think about it, we lost darrent, so they are going to give us his salary back on the cap. Adding that to the 6million from plummer, and it is possible we could have him.(adding in the fact that who wouldn;t wanna be working beside Champ? he would make you look that much better...)

Leave a comment:

• jlarsiii
    replied
    Originally posted by tdot_bronco
    Could you imagine putting that 6 million dollars of cap space toward Nate Clements... that just popped into my mind.
    I like this idea but with the cap room that some teams will have we would be lucky to land a guy like this. He will get top dollar from some team and it will be quite a bit more than we can manage. Still though, I guy can dream. . . . . . . .

Just imagine. . .Champ and Clements. . . .

Leave a comment:

• tdot_bronco
    replied
    Originally posted by Dream
    Unless the Broncos can garner a first-day selection for Plummer; they will not trade him. We break even cap wise as far as a hit if we trade him or release him before June 1st. If the Broncos cannot get what they want for him; they'll release him after June 1st and gain 5.5 to 6 million in cap space. That's the smart move.
    Could you imagine putting that 6 million dollars of cap space toward Nate Clements... that just popped into my mind.

Leave a comment:

• Dream
    replied
    Unless the Broncos can garner a first-day selection for Plummer; they will not trade him. We break even cap wise as far as a hit if we trade him or release him before June 1st. If the Broncos cannot get what they want for him; they'll release him after June 1st and gain 5.5 to 6 million in cap space. That's the smart move.

Leave a comment:

• The Experience
    replied
    Do something

trade him who the hell cares where he goes just as long as they give something decent in return
    just whatever u do don't keep him just to hold kicks............ i say that for 2 reasons

1. he isn't gonna be happy as a #2 and nothing good can come out of him being unhappy

2. he's far to expensive just to hold kicks

bring Preston Parsons up and have him hold kicks

Leave a comment:

• tdot_bronco
    replied
    If we can't get a 3rd round pick (or at least a high 4th), we should just release him. He is brutal considering the mula he's making.

Leave a comment:

• **OrangeTerp**
    replied
    Originally posted by 22cannon
    The browns could have a whole new line from center to the right tackle next year. They have 6 OL free agents next year.
    We better not go after any more "Browncos".

A lot of good that did for us on our D LINE!

Leave a comment:

• Charlie Brown
    replied
    Originally posted by lancane
    As far as the Browns, I do not see that happening -- I think the Browns would be an Idea trading partner for Foster who would likely be a Pro Bowler on their line, if I am right and they get Foster and another big time prospect in the draft, I think Cleveland will be a very dangerous opponent in the near future.
    Foster would be a horrid pick.

The Browns need a LT. Kevin Shaffer played LT for a left-handed QB. Meaning he wasn't protecting the blindside. He is better fit as a traditional RT. The Browns need to pick up a franchise LT to protect Frye's blindside. Not to pick up two traditional right tackles and pray that one of them can magically turn into a franchise LT.

Leave a comment:

• JakeToRod16to80
    replied
    Originally posted by lancane
    As far as the Browns, I do not see that happening -- I think the Browns would be an Idea trading partner for Foster who would likely be a Pro Bowler on their line, if I am right and they get Foster and another big time prospect in the draft, I think Cleveland will be a very dangerous opponent in the near future.
    I may be exposing horrible ignorance here, but why would Foster be a pro bowler on their line? I know he is a little too slow for our scheme, so might do better in a scheme requiring less athleticism, but a pro bowler?

Leave a comment:

Working...
X