No announcement yet.

Reggie Nelson or LaRon Landry ---- one of them needs to be in a broncos uniform

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Reggie Nelson or LaRon Landry ---- one of them needs to be in a broncos uniform

You think we are in position to get them or you think they will both be gone??

Reggie Nelson
    a big play safety, hits are alot like Sean Taylor and especially with his acrobatics I mean this guy is always around the football, you know how everyone is like "watch where troy P is" thats how it is with Nelson, he flys around the football field.

they call him "The Eraser" heres a few vids http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0Zw7nxl4qa4

this video shows the kind of hits he makes, that WRs would actually fall down because they don't wanna get jacked up http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y3o2ULj5IsQ

LaRon Landry
    Another big play safety, some say hes the best in the draft but I perfer to think Nelson is a little better, but wow does Landry execute the safety blitz good, and hes also a hard hitter, heres some clips http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R211e6JdVew (safety blitz) ...... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N-zuQOtEu4k

They don't make safetys like these very often and we need to pick of these guys up and I dont care its trading up a bit to do it, we are hurting at the Safety position IMO, Lynch isnt getting any younger. We need a big time big play safety.

okay if not these guys, we do need a big play safety

Michael Griffin ( http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bHzIRmVQ0Qo )

Brandon Meriweather (only if we can get him in the 2nd round, not a first rounder to me)

Not that I hate Landry but I would be very happy with Nelson if he somehow SOMEHOW fell to us
    Bronco fan from Packer Land.
    Lefty Writer on The Sports Show with Woody Paige and Les Shapiro
    Tweet me @JoRo_5551

Comment

I agree. I think Nelson will end up being the better safety. Landry will probably go in top 10-15, so maybe Nelson falls to us. If he did, then we definitely need to draft him - think Ed Reed. However, looking at all the picks before us - there are a lot of teams that need help at safety.

I don't think they'll be on the board at our pick, but if they are we need to pick one of them up.
      My Adopted Bronco is Marcus Thomas

Comment

I would love either of them but both most likly would be gone, and to earlly to pick griffen or mayweather.

We could be in prime situation to get one of the great CB's that fall in draft if unable to land either of them or move back in draft and get one of the other good safties.

Comment

Reggie Nelson will have to gain alot of weight if he's going to become the safety that alot of people think he is in the NFL.

Comment

Originally posted by NBudris
            I would love either of them but both most likly would be gone, and to earlly to pick griffen or mayweather.

We could be in prime situation to get one of the great CB's that fall in draft if unable to land either of them or move back in draft and get one of the other good safties.

IMO no point in drafting a corner, we are set at corner imo. Maybe need a fourth but Cox could move down and be the dime if you ask me.

Unless Nelson or Landry are at 21 I hope we don't get a safety. Griffin is okay but we could get him later I hope, he doesn't seem as great as Nelson or Landry (both of whom are the two I am really excited about) Merriweather would be great if we could get him in the second, he is close to Nelson in talent but he has character issues as well. Just my thoughts...
            Bronco fan from Packer Land.
            Lefty Writer on The Sports Show with Woody Paige and Les Shapiro
            Tweet me @JoRo_5551

Comment

I would love reggie nelson on the broncos.
              sigpic

Comment

No

Originally posted by The Dyna$ty
                You think we are in position to get them or you think they will both be gone??

Reggie Nelson
                a big play safety, hits are alot like Sean Taylor and especially with his acrobatics I mean this guy is always around the football, you know how everyone is like "watch where troy P is" thats how it is with Nelson, he flys around the football field.

they call him "The Eraser" heres a few vids http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0Zw7nxl4qa4

this video shows the kind of hits he makes, that WRs would actually fall down because they don't wanna get jacked up http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y3o2ULj5IsQ

LaRon Landry
                Another big play safety, some say hes the best in the draft but I perfer to think Nelson is a little better, but wow does Landry execute the safety blitz good, and hes also a hard hitter, heres some clips http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R211e6JdVew (safety blitz) ...... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N-zuQOtEu4k

They don't make safetys like these very often and we need to pick of these guys up and I dont care its trading up a bit to do it, we are hurting at the Safety position IMO, Lynch isnt getting any younger. We need a big time big play safety.

okay if not these guys, we do need a big play safety

Michael Griffin ( http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bHzIRmVQ0Qo )

Brandon Meriweather (only if we can get him in the 2nd round, not a first rounder to me)
                Absolutley NOT!

Landry is a terrible tackler as evidenced by his whiff on Samardjiza's end around tonight, and Nelson is a 175-180 Saftey....no thanks.

Good College players, but won't be anything special in the NFL.

Comment

Why would you want the bRoncos to use their 1st or 2nd round picks on a Safety?

That is a luxury the Broncos don't have!

Comment

I'd be happy with either one of them. If Shanny really thinks we need a safety, he will get one of them. We'll just trade picks with the skins again, lol, just like every other year.

Teh siggies are made by me. PM if you like 'em.
                    I'm a BroncoForLife!

Comment

Originally posted by MindField
                      Absolutley NOT!

Landry is a terrible tackler as evidenced by his whiff on Samardjiza's end around tonight, and Nelson is a 175-180 Saftey....no thanks.

Good College players, but won't be anything special in the NFL.
                      So your basing this off of one play, yeah Landry isnt having his greatest game today but from what ive seen he can hit hard and he wraps up when he needs too.

but like I said Reggie Nelson would be a much better pick

Comment

If I had to take a safety first, give me Griffin. He hasn't fallen off nearly as much as Landry, he's a better cover-guy, and he's a monster on special teams.

Comment

Originally posted by stnzed
                          Why would you want the bRoncos to use their 1st or 2nd round picks on a Safety?

That is a luxury the Broncos don't have!

pretty much what i think as well. . . i wouldn't HATE taking a safety in the 2nd, but i really feel that our 1st rounder would bring more bang for the buck if spent on a running back (and yes, i specifically mean lynch here) or a defensive lineman, preferably a pass rushing right end prospect. . . a quality option at left tackle also stacks up as a bigger need given the uncertainty regarding lepsis' future and the general lack of depth or talent at the OT position (especially given the uncertainty of meadows health and the likelihood of foster being moved in the offseason). . . .

it's not that i wouldn't love to have a monster safety, but i quite honestly think we would be just fine with sam brandon and nick ferguson if we upgraded our D-line. . . a good safety won't improve our pass rush, but an improved pass rush will affect our coverage, making both our corners and safeties look better. . . if we get another quality run-stuffing DT who can hold the point and free up our LBs we would be fine starting brandon (who is an excellent cover safety) instead of essentially playing a pair of extra LBs back there. . . i do agree that it would be smart to add another talented young player to increase our depth and possibly challenge to start at some point (especially if lynch hangs it up), but we don't need to spend our top draft pick to do it-- there's a long list of solid safeties who've been drafted in rounds 2-4 the past few years. . . . besides, there's also free agency. . . i think people sometimes get too hung up thinking that the team's 1st round draft pick is the only way to add legitimate talent. . . .
                          Officially Objectified by the GPA

rest in peace, darrent williams and damien nash-- you will be missed!!

Comment

I doubt we will put high priority on safety until Ferguson or Lynch are ready to leave. They are both playing at a high level and we have to many other needs. It just wouldn't make sense to fill a future need when we have a ton of needs for next season, such as: DE, DT, RB, O-line, CB, backup QB. The only way I see us taking a safety is if we fill some needs in FA and by trading. Either that or if they think they can get guys at some of these positions in later rounds. Of that list, I am not so sure we will need o-line, it really just depends on who leaves and who stays. We definatly need another QB and CB though considering we have 3 corners and 1 QB. The d-line obviously needs rebuilt. We have some of the best LB's and corners in the game, yet we still can't cover receivers because they have so long to throw. I would actually like to see 3 of our first 4 picks go to the d-line and the other one go to RB. That way we can have a real good shot of getting a decent d-line put together.

Comment

Michael Griffin from Texas appears to be a much more complete package.
                              Darrent Williams 1982-2007

Damien Nash 1982-2007

Comment

Working...
                              X