Jason Taylor would be ultimate pick up

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jason Taylor would be ultimate pick up

I cant believe no one has even said anything about this. Jason Taylor is talking about retirement. So obviously he is not happy in Miami. He wants to win and compete for a SB ring, plus possibly having another new coach next year. I think if anyone could talk him out of Miami it would be the Broncos, because of Champ.

Just imagine having Champ and Taylor on the left side of the defensive. We could line up the other nine players of the defense on the right side...lol.

Here is the link http://www.nfl.com/teams/story/MIA/9902103

Dolphins DE Taylor considering retirement

NFL.com wire reports

DAVIE, Fla. (Jan. 1, 2007) -- Following his best season, Miami Dolphins defensive end Jason Taylor says he'll consider retirement at age 32.

Taylor scored twice on interceptions, had 13.5 sacks and is a contender for NFL defensive player of the year. But following a season-ending loss at Indianapolis, he said retirement is a possibility.

"Yes, I will have to think about it, and there are no guarantees," Taylor said.

At 6-10, Miami failed to make the playoffs for the fifth year in a row.

Coach Nick Saban is hoping the offseason will rekindle Taylor's enthusiasm for the game.

"He plays and competes so hard, that guy is worn out right now," Saban said. "We discussed it. He said, `I just need to go get some rest and get my batteries charged."'

I believe I can fly.

Just becasue the refs made the wrong call in Indy doesn't mean they should hand the Steelers the Super Bowl.

i think i just creamed myself at the idea.

Honestly, if we get Taylor, I think he would be the ultimate fix for the dline. Just plug draft a DT, and a DE, and sign a veteran, and you have a top 5 defense.

No matter the cost, do it. Having the 2 best defensive players in football, one roaming the secondary, and one in the trenches, CANNOT be understated enough. It would instantly make us a powerhouse.
    Blet

Comment

The thought of that makes me want to scream with joy

but then I remember its just a thought =/

Comment

Im with everyone above!
        OMG this sounds like a great idea!
        holy cow!

love it and i hope we get him!
        i want to get some type of good DE!
        ours arent that great

Comment

That would be fun.....what would the number come out to? Is he a FA next year? If not what kind of trade do we have to offer etc?
          sigpic

Thank you for everything Darrent. I'll never forget #27.

Comment

I'm guessing he will either quit while ahead or stay in Miami
            Eric Weddle S Utah

Comment

Jason Taylor is contemplating retirement after this season.
              R.I.P. D-Will/Nash/Taylor/Hill

Comment

Hmm. I'd love to get him but I'd kind of prefer a future prospect y'know? That said I would nay complain if we did get him.
                sigpic

Elvon Millervil eat grues for breakfast.

Pey-Pey to Bey-Bey for the Tey-Dey.

Comment

Originally posted by muse
                  Hmm. I'd love to get him but I'd kind of prefer a future prospect y'know? That said I would nay complain if we did get him.
                  very true. Taylor would be a quick fix deal. I am thinking of getting him on a 3 year contract maybe? But hey, with all the areas we need to address this offseason (Dt, Safety, RB, OT...) This might just be a very good deal for us. Even if he isnt the same playmaker he has been this year he would be a great add and improvement on what we have. I could see him on the right side and throwing a mix of Dumerville, and Eukabon (sp i know...) on the left. Get a solid dt and rotate with Warren and change to the 3-4. Put Vaughn (recently signed heavy hitter) with Al in the inside lb. Best D in football.... maybe get a d-coordinator familier with 3-4 as well... Ahh, if only dreams could come true!
                  sigpic

Comment

Forget the 3-4. It's not going to happen. 4-3 will always be the standard with 3-4 coming in occasionally as a fad. It never lasts.
                    sigpic

Elvon Millervil eat grues for breakfast.

Pey-Pey to Bey-Bey for the Tey-Dey.

Comment

could he pull a seau?
                      R.I.P D.Will

Thanks Tned

Comment

That would be wunnerful

However - it is highly unlikely
                        I owe CP's to: no one

Comment

Errrr.... Little issue called a contract

Jason Taylor agreed to a restructured contract in early September 2006. Taylor allowed the Dolphins to convert $2.5 million of his scheduled 2006 base salary of $5.25 million to bonus money. The move was made in order to reduce Taylor's cap number in 2006. Per his old contract, Taylor was due base salaries of, for 2006: $5,250,000, 2007: $7,000,000, 2008: $7,500,000, 2009: $8,000,000.

It means that the Phins still have the rights to him. Remember Ricky Williams retired, and came back to the Phin roster?

I don't think the Broncs have a shot in hell to get him.

But who knows....

Comment

I would pass. Taylor is excellent but I remember a guy named Abraham that everyone wanted last year. The Jets wanted our first round pick and we didnt give it up. Abraham didn't do much for the Falcons last year. I don't like picking up players this late in their career for two reasons:

1- The speed is always on the decline, especially for a player that is so dependant on his speed and quickness.

2- Guys that have played in one system so long often garner alot of their success because of the system they play in and the players they are around.

We have a young team that should round into form next year and even more so the year after. I don't want to add players that will be falling off the map at the time we will need them the most.

Comment

Originally posted by myoung
                              I would pass. Taylor is excellent but I remember a guy named Abraham that everyone wanted last year. The Jets wanted our first round pick and we didnt give it up. Abraham didn't do much for the Falcons last year. I don't like picking up players this late in their career for two reasons:

1- The speed is always on the decline, especially for a player that is so dependant on his speed and quickness.

2- Guys that have played in one system so long often garner alot of their success because of the system they play in and the players they are around.

We have a young team that should round into form next year and even more so the year after. I don't want to add players that will be falling off the map at the time we will need them the most.
                              Pretty good, except Abraham is the most injury prone player in the league. When healthy he's a one man wrecking crew and he's still pretty young, problem is he's never healthy and we were blessed that he didn't end up here.
                              Eric Weddle S Utah

Comment

Working...
                              X