No announcement yet.

Jason Taylor would be ultimate pick up

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

That would be unbelievable to have Taylor and Champ. Our defense would be insane.
    RIP Darrent Williams
    Heaven Gained A Shutdown Corner

Comment

Never in a million years that would happen but if it did, that would be sick. One side of the field from goal line to goal line would be shut down by two players. Just sick I tell ya...
      Last edited by RBDynasty; 01-03-2007, 05:26 PM.
      The new website is about as ugly as Paris Hilton. Put the blue back!

Comment

Originally posted by RBDynasty
        Never in a million years that would happen but if it did, that would be sick. Half the entire side of the field from goal line to goaline would be shut down by two players. Just sick I tell ya...
        It would be sick. The NFL would have to do something to stop this, just so the Broncos shut out all of their opponents.

If Jason Taylor wants to be traded I say we have to nab him, we could give them Plummer with their QB problem.

Glendale bound

Comment

The only things I've read that make Taylor leave (retire) is if Saban goes back to college coaching.

Comment

Originally posted by 22cannon
            The only things I've read that make Taylor leave (retire) is if Saban goes back to college coaching.
            If Champ called him up.. maybe bond together over the whole Merriman thing. Champ could talk him into it...

Come on JT! You would love it here in Colorado!!!
            The new website is about as ugly as Paris Hilton. Put the blue back!

Comment

Originally posted by 22cannon
              Well Saban is now the head coach for Alabama, so we'll see.

Glendale bound

Comment

So who's to say it wouldn't just end up being a TPryce in reverse?

Instead of sucking in denver and excelling somewhere else, as did Pryce, Taylor would probably excell elsewhere and suck in denver.

With nobody to hold off blocks, or cause extra coverage, taylor would just end up getting double teamed and on his aging back, I'm afraid.

But if denver were to get another big DT, and young DE for the future.......

.....sorry.....momentary lapse.
                "It does not take a majority to prevail, but rather an irate,
                tireless minority keen on setting brushfires of freedom in the minds of
                men."

-- Samuel Adams

sigpicJacks RULE!!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by rcsodak
                  So who's to say it wouldn't just end up being a TPryce in reverse?

Instead of sucking in denver and excelling somewhere else, as did Pryce, Taylor would probably excell elsewhere and suck in denver.

With nobody to hold off blocks, or cause extra coverage, taylor would just end up getting double teamed and on his aging back, I'm afraid.

But if denver were to get another big DT, and young DE for the future.......

.....sorry.....momentary lapse.
                  Awe man... Why the pessimism? That hurt. However, fortuneately there are several holes in your arguement.
                  1. The whole pull a reverse T. Pryce. There is no substantial evidence to base a players success of another non-applicable situation. There is no Denver DE curse that i know of...
                  2. "Taylor would get double teamed" - In the NFL copy cat league, when one team finds success, the rest of the teams to follow will imitate the first team to succees. Taylor was double teamed this year. A lot of good it did them! Besides if they double team him, we throw in a extra linebacker or put Dumerville in to rush... They will learn better!
                  3. "if denver were to get another big DT, and young DE for the future...." who said we cant do both? Taylor would only be a temporary fix. There are many holes to fill this offseason. This will allow us cushion, to where if we dont get one or the other now... we have another year, maybe 2 to get one.

In conclusion, Taylor will cost an arm and a leg to get here. But, we are uncharecteristically not cap strapped this year. Plus i believe they are raising the cap for next year. Also, should Taylor have desire to come here, he may be willing to take a pay cut, being as he is no longer on a poor team that isnt committed to many stars' high payed saleries. The Taylor - Champ, we hate Merriman, connection should be utilized. What better way to show who is the defensive star than to face off with each other two times a year? Bailey making acrobatic leaps and bounds for Int's and Taylor manhandling offensive lines. Merriman couldnt hold a candle to that. The whole let Taylor retire thing is nuts. If he did retire and come back, he has to return as a Dolphin, bc he still is under contract. However, a trade could be constructed.... Dont they need a qb down there to add to the controversy? lol Taylor wants out of the Dolphins organization (or lack thereof). The Coach left, the Organization has a lot of holes, and he wants a championship ring before he goes. Enter in the Broncos theme music with a monologue of Elway giving the goals the the organization in 2007... (ok maybe no theme music or elaway monologue.... but hey, The rest sounds good!) Go Broncos!
                  Last edited by hardcorebronco; 01-03-2007, 07:21 PM.
                  sigpic

Comment

Taylor would be awesome, but the guy wants a ring BADLY. If he decides to stay in the league and leaves Miami he'll be looking for a playoff team to help him get a ring. I doubt we'd be able to lure him away from some of the other teams especially seeing as how most of them have more cap space than we do.

Comment

Working...
                    X