Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Fred Taylor might be released this off-season...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fred Taylor might be released this off-season...

Thought you Bronco fans would be interested in knowing that, Since I see all the RB talk. Although I believe Del Rio made him a priority sign, Del Rio likes to lie in the off-season.

Even while turning 31, Taylor would sprout behind Denver's O-Line. All he needs is one hole (Just so he can go around it and not through it, for some reason, that has yet to be explained on our board) and he's into day light.

And what's with all the RB talk anyways? Isn't Mike Bell doing great?
    R.I.P. D-Will/Nash/Taylor/Hill

i predicted about a week ago that he might get released. . . .

http://forums.denverbroncos.com/showthread.php?t=81006

have you heard anything specific in the local media, or are you just speculating?

and no, i wouldn't call what mike bell is doing "great" by any means. . . i like the kid, but while some people here see him as the long-term answer, many of us feel that he lacks the speed, stamina and physicality to be the true star we want as our fulltime RB. . .
    Officially Objectified by the GPA

rest in peace, darrent williams and damien nash-- you will be missed!!

Comment

Originally posted by dogfish
      i predicted about a week ago that he might get released. . . .

http://forums.denverbroncos.com/showthread.php?t=81006

have you heard anything specific in the local media, or are you just speculating?

and no, i wouldn't call what mike bell is doing "great" by any means. . . i like the kid, but while some people here see him as the long-term answer, many of us feel that he lacks the speed, stamina and physicality to be the true star we want as our fulltime RB. . .
      Well, I live in Denver, so your local media is my local media.

But It has been confirmed on the Jags board that if he isn't resigned this off-season, he will be more than likely released. Del Rio wants to have Taylor and Drew back next year but I personally don't think it's possible because Taylor's being a brat about his contract.

The way I see it, We still have Greg Jones, who is another Brandon Jacobs.

Taylor will eclipse the single-season rushing record if he were to go to Denver. I would make a sig bet on that.
      R.I.P. D-Will/Nash/Taylor/Hill

Comment

Excellent. I'd totally take Taylor, as long as we have a capable back-up plan.

Comment

Originally posted by Jagwired
          Thought you Bronco fans would be interested in knowing that, Since I see all the RB talk. Although I believe Del Rio made him a priority sign, Del Rio likes to lie in the off-season.

Even while turning 31, Taylor would sprout behind Denver's O-Line. All he needs is one hole (Just so he can go around it and not through it, for some reason, that has yet to be explained on our board) and he's into day light.

And what's with all the RB talk anyways? Isn't Mike Bell doing great?
          You guys look to have a gem in Jones-Drew so I could see Taylor a bit expendable considering he is turning 31. He'd do well in our system with the one-cut running style.

I like Mike Bell. He's got a lot of heart and he runs with the one-cut style as well... he should improve much more next season so I hope we hang on to him. The last game (against the niners was disappointing.. M.Bell got stood up on the goal line a handful of times ... some bulking up would do him good).
          The new website is about as ugly as Paris Hilton. Put the blue back!

Comment

why would anyone want to spend big money on a guy who gets hurt everytime he gets hit he could never break any kind of record because he is soft and cant make it 16 games

Comment

Originally posted by BigJuan
              why would anyone want to spend big money on a guy who gets hurt everytime he gets hit he could never break any kind of record because he is soft and cant make it 16 games
              Totally agree, we are in no position to blow big amounts of salary cap on injury-prone players
              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by RBDynasty
                You guys look to have a gem in Jones-Drew so I could see Taylor a bit expendable considering he is turning 31. He'd do well in our system with the one-cut running style.

I like Mike Bell. He's got a lot of heart and he runs with the one-cut style as well... he should improve much more next season so I hope we hang on to him. The last game (against the niners was disappointing.. M.Bell got stood up on the goal line a handful of times ... some bulking up would do him good).
                :offtopic: Its very hard to get in the endzone when your line is pushed back a yard on the snap...

As for Fred Taylor, I would like to get him, but he seems to be really injury prone...
                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                X