Early Defensive Ends Analysis

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by MindField
    Well, you know as well as I do your response comes from previous issues you and I have had with each other. YOU responded to my post....and you could just choose to let it pass by without comment, but alas, you could not resist. That makes you petty to say the least.

You are more talk than anything else...

Chad Jackson the fastest riser in the Draft, eh? Last time I checked, he FELL out of the first round into the second after once being considered by some to be a Top 10 talent... (un-check).

Williams was projected by alot of sources to be a 'most likely to bust' prospect, so you simply jumped on the bandwagon there...(double un-check)

Manny Lawson was selected, what 22nd?? (BTW, about where 90% of the Draft info sources said he would...make that triple un-check)...In draft terms, that's night and day from DeMarcus Ware being selected eleventh, and to folow them in their Rookie years, it is clear Ware is a much better player than Lawson is....and I'm sorry, but Wimberly being projected as a 3-4 OLB did not originate with you, the fact that you would claim that at all is laughable....so I would say, including your Huff comments (who, despite your ducking the issue is said by most scouts to be on the fast track to being a Pro Bowl calibur player, and had an outstanding Rookie campaing), that your overall projections were what they are, decidedly ameatur.....and it is YOU, my friend, that has the crying need for respect and/or attention, otherwise, why mention your so-called achievements here at all? The good ones NEVER need to TELL you how good they are....but since you are keeping score, I think anyone could project players the way you did with all of the information available about first or second round talents. Want a challenge? Try to pick out players from the mid to later rounds, such as what I did with Alabama's Mark Anderson last year, or Philly's Trent Cole two years ago. You weren't quite sharp enough to catch it, but the players I generally project or review are those type of players.....but I also posted here that I thought Pitt WR Greg Lee was going to be a player too, so what are you going to do?
    For me, THAT is the challenge. Anyone could tell you Quentin Moses, or Gaines Adams, or the other players you mentioned will go approx first to second round, I mean, just read a little PFW, or ESPN Insider, or watch a little Mayock on the Network and, as they say, viola'...so your not exactly breaking new ground here, so check yourself...or the Ghost of Vernand Morency (remember your pro-, OSU homer-like comments about him?) will forever haunt your projections

Look, I think you are a typical College kid that follows the Draft with interest. I think that's great. I was once that kid too. Fantastic. I also believe you are entitled to your opinion. If you notice, I did not comment on the players you listed or what you thought of them, I merely just listed some others that bear watching. I also did not (despite your insinuation) comment on if I thought they would be successful in the NFL or not, because I don't know enough yet. Inevitably, I will hit on some, and miss on others, just like every other so-called Draft 'expert' or afficianado does. As I tell my kids when they think they are great at something, until they are paying you for your talents, your right down here in the swamp with the rest of the wannabees...

As far as being well-liked or not on these boards, you should have been able to tell from my posts along time ago that I could care less. I learned along time ago that the TRUTH, especially around here, often hurts...but somebody has to be the voice of reason in the Orange fantasy-land that is all too often this messageboard.

But to stop this nonsense between you and I, and also prevent the risk of serving a ban from inflamatory conversation, you can simply avoid comment on my posts, and I will do the same with yours.

That's not too tough, is it?
    Can you not see your hypocracy?

I'm not the one that started keeping score, I believe you specifically tried to start this by making some bogus Michael Huff claim, as you've now done with the Vernand Morency claim! I said Morency was a nice player and lumped him in with Fason and Barber, but I also expressly labeled his flaw being age and lack of upside. And since you want to again try to discredit me and flaunt your own ability, keep in mind that I called the Chris Kuper pick a round before it happened! I don't feel the need to flaunt any type of resume around here, I think my posts speak for themselves, and if people didn't find them valid, or see me as a fake or copycat, I would not receive the CPs for them that I do, or asked questions about players specifically.

I could care less if you like my posts or what you think of me. I have a big problem with you trying to call out my credibility, without even knowing the first thing about how I "prepare" for draft notes.

Second, you claim to be a voice of reason against a Bronco-nation fantasy land, but when criticism is finally flung your way, and not on a personal level but on one debating the topic, you throw a fit and start mudslinging! It seems to me that your type of reasoning isn't much appreciated around here, so that temporary ban might not be such a bad thing.

Lastly, you can't try to paint me as a guy that just repeats the experts, but then use the experts against me when I go out against them. If I don't see eye to eye with Mayock or Kiper, how can I just juxtapose their opinion as mine?

So excuse me for primarily discussing the first, second, and third round candidates at defensive end, when it just so happens to be a likely target of Denver early on draft day, making the subject pertinent to Bronco fans. If our need was at quarterback, this thread would have featured the a list of the top 10-15 quarterbacks in the draft, should that be surprising to anyone?

From what I've ream in PM's from other posters, you'll want the last word on this one, and that's fine, I'm done with you here. I don't need your approval to discuss the draft, nor should other posters here have to believe all of your drivel and mudslinging. So go ahead, the floor is yours, just don't expect a response...

Comment

I got an idea for you two!

Not to get between this cuz I don't stand a chance on any level

But how about you guys just post on draft and not fight? Quite honestly I love reading both your opinions and hope you guys can just keep it clean and do your own opinions and stuff
      Bronco fan from Packer Land.
      Lefty Writer on The Sports Show with Woody Paige and Les Shapiro
      Tweet me @JoRo_5551

Comment

Last Word

Originally posted by OhNoKoolAid
        Can you not see your hypocracy?

I'm not the one that started keeping score, I believe you specifically tried to start this by making some bogus Michael Huff claim, as you've now done with the Vernand Morency claim! I said Morency was a nice player and lumped him in with Fason and Barber, but I also expressly labeled his flaw being age and lack of upside. And since you want to again try to discredit me and flaunt your own ability, keep in mind that I called the Chris Kuper pick a round before it happened! I don't feel the need to flaunt any type of resume around here, I think my posts speak for themselves, and if people didn't find them valid, or see me as a fake or copycat, I would not receive the CPs for them that I do, or asked questions about players specifically.

I could care less if you like my posts or what you think of me. I have a big problem with you trying to call out my credibility, without even knowing the first thing about how I "prepare" for draft notes.

Second, you claim to be a voice of reason against a Bronco-nation fantasy land, but when criticism is finally flung your way, and not on a personal level but on one debating the topic, you throw a fit and start mudslinging! It seems to me that your type of reasoning isn't much appreciated around here, so that temporary ban might not be such a bad thing.

Lastly, you can't try to paint me as a guy that just repeats the experts, but then use the experts against me when I go out against them. If I don't see eye to eye with Mayock or Kiper, how can I just juxtapose their opinion as mine?

So excuse me for primarily discussing the first, second, and third round candidates at defensive end, when it just so happens to be a likely target of Denver early on draft day, making the subject pertinent to Bronco fans. If our need was at quarterback, this thread would have featured the a list of the top 10-15 quarterbacks in the draft, should that be surprising to anyone?

From what I've ream in PM's from other posters, you'll want the last word on this one, and that's fine, I'm done with you here. I don't need your approval to discuss the draft, nor should other posters here have to believe all of your drivel and mudslinging. So go ahead, the floor is yours, just don't expect a response...

Well, you finally did get one thing right, I do enjoy the last word...taking the high-road now, eh?
        Had you followed that path initially, you could have saved yourself alot of time and trouble.

You started it, I finished it...

Comment

Working...
        X