Robert Meachem DECLARES

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Cugel
    The 3rd round (Broncos have 2 picks in that round, including the Redskins #6 pick of the 3rd round) would be about right for the Broncos to pick up either a WR or a cover safety, depending on who's available at that point. A backup LB wouldn't hurt either.

But with the first and second round picks the Broncos NEED DT and OT! In that order.
    I like the way you're thinking in regards to that Redskins pick.

The Broncos could go either end or tackle (DL) with their first selection; but one argument against DT has been the amount of money we already have at the position. (Credit to SoCalBronco) It seems like the Broncos would like to re-sign Michael Myers. He probably had the best year of his career and the coaches really like him. He'll probably get a nice veteran contract; probably like 4 years, 9.5 to 10 million dollars. Coupled next to Warren's contract; that's a chunk at our DT's. . . and not to mention Veal was re-signed, for cheap and he's a great rotational player - but a mediocre starter.

The Broncos adding a first-rounder at DT would probably have another 5 year - 15 million dollar deal into that position; making it a place where we have little depth and a lot of cash stuck into it. We already have this problem and it's at linebacker.

In an ideal world; the Broncos would spend their first-round selection (IF THEY DON'T TRADE DOWN) on a pass-rushing DE. There should be several names available at #21 that would be worthy of that selection.

In the second-round; I'd like to see us address our offensive line. It's too bad Sam Baker and Jake Long didn't declare because it would have pushed the tackle depth of this class down further so it would have been possible to get second-round talent at tackle in the late-third round; but since they didn't. . . it's just an above-average class.

Some people would like a DT around there; but there's almost never a DT taken in round two. Round Three has been the most popular spot to draft a defensive lineman on the interior on the first-day over the past few years; and there should be some quality players who can provide a pass-rush as Warren takes up blockers at that point in time.

Our other third-round pick, our original should be used to fill a need. Not sure what; but it has to be something we didn't address in FA.

I love speculating, but without knowing what we've done in FA it'll be hard to guess where we'll go in the draft.

My biggest fear is that the Broncos go after a tier two defensive lineman in FA and call it good after that. . .

Comment

Originally posted by Dream
      I like the way you're thinking in regards to that Redskins pick.

The Broncos could go either end or tackle (DL) with their first selection; but one argument against DT has been the amount of money we already have at the position. (Credit to SoCalBronco) It seems like the Broncos would like to re-sign Michael Myers. He probably had the best year of his career and the coaches really like him. He'll probably get a nice veteran contract; probably like 4 years, 9.5 to 10 million dollars. Coupled next to Warren's contract; that's a chunk at our DT's. . . and not to mention Veal was re-signed, for cheap and he's a great rotational player - but a mediocre starter.

The Broncos adding a first-rounder at DT would probably have another 5 year - 15 million dollar deal into that position; making it a place where we have little depth and a lot of cash stuck into it. We already have this problem and it's at linebacker.

In an ideal world; the Broncos would spend their first-round selection (IF THEY DON'T TRADE DOWN) on a pass-rushing DE. There should be several names available at #21 that would be worthy of that selection.

In the second-round; I'd like to see us address our offensive line. It's too bad Sam Baker and Jake Long didn't declare because it would have pushed the tackle depth of this class down further so it would have been possible to get second-round talent at tackle in the late-third round; but since they didn't. . . it's just an above-average class.

Some people would like a DT around there; but there's almost never a DT taken in round two. Round Three has been the most popular spot to draft a defensive lineman on the interior on the first-day over the past few years; and there should be some quality players who can provide a pass-rush as Warren takes up blockers at that point in time.

Our other third-round pick, our original should be used to fill a need. Not sure what; but it has to be something we didn't address in FA.

I love speculating, but without knowing what we've done in FA it'll be hard to guess where we'll go in the draft.

My biggest fear is that the Broncos go after a tier two defensive lineman in FA and call it good after that. . .

I really don't agree with resigning Meyers at the expense of getting a better DT. Take a look at the DL stats. We rank 22nd over all, 29th at stopping people who only need a 1,2 yard gain, and 26th in adjusted sack rate.

We just have to get better on the D-line, I am really hoping that somebody in the front office will figure that out and do something about it.

Comment

I don't agree with it either; but I guarantee if the Broncos re-sign Myers; they won't add a very high player at defensive tackle in the draft. That'd be too much money in one position. You know the Broncos man, to even think they'll address defensive line is the #1 Cardinal Sin in the Book.

Comment

Originally posted by Dream
          I don't agree with it either; but I guarantee if the Broncos re-sign Myers; they won't add a very high player at defensive tackle in the draft. That'd be too much money in one position. You know the Broncos man, to even think they'll address defensive line is the #1 Cardinal Sin in the Book.

Okay I know what you mean, but I can still hope. I'm gonna get Santa Clause, the Easter Bunny and our first round DT to help us win next year.

Comment

I am so mad to hear this he had said he was staying, and now tennessee's top 3 WR are now gone. the #1 WR now had 6 rec all year. Tennessee is a passing team and now they are going to be bad.

as for robert meachem he is really good i think i saw him compare him to javon and they are right. this guy catches the short route and breaks a few tackles and scores a TD he can also catch the deep route. I would love to see him in denver

Comment

POSTED 11:08 p.m. EST, January 5, 2007

RUSSELL COMING OUT

LSU quarterback JaMarcus Russell has signed with agent Eric Metz, a league source tells us.

And this means that Russell will forego his final year of eligibility and enter the 2007 draft. Once a college player signs with an agent, there's no going back.

Coming off of a great performance in the Sugar Bowl, the 6-6, 260-pound Russell could be one of the top picks in April. He might even leapfrog Notre Dame's Brady Quinn.
              UPDATED...

Comment

Working...
              X