Simeon Rice

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Simeon Rice

My hope for the offseason is that the Broncos bring in a veteran pass rusher like Simeon Rice (after he is cut). That way we can draft a RB in the first round. I like Marshawn Lynch from Cal. He is a awesome and perfect for our system plus drafting a DE in the late 1st round does not guarantee he will contribute this season.
    Broncos fans since age 6.
    Fanatical Broncos fan since 1991.
    Favorite Player: John Elway
    Favorite Coach: Mike Shanahan

id rather the broncos get dwight freeney...

and not draft a runningback with our first round pick...we got tatum and mike it would be a wasted pick...

id say draft either a cover saftey or a tightend so cutler can have another weapon to throw too...

Comment

Originally posted by javon84walker#1

and not draft a runningback with our first round pick...we got tatum and mike it would be a wasted pick...

id say draft either a cover saftey or a tightend so cutler can have another weapon to throw too...
      I like Rice because he will be cheaper, both are good though.

I also agree. We need defense first. D line is a huge problem on this team.
      NHL Blog at:NHL Blog by Medford Bronco!

Comment

I think we should try to pick up Reggie Nelson in the late first round. Then Go DE in second round.
        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by javon84walker#1
          I don't know. It would take a huge contract to get Freeney and he is such a liability against the run. I don't think it's going to happen.

The more I think about signing Simeon Rice, the more I like it. It kind of reminds me of when the Broncos picked up Neil Smith towards the end of his career. That worked out pretty well.
          R.I.P. Darrent Williams

Comment

i dont think rice would be that much of an upgrade to what we have and there is no way i want freeney he will be way over priced

Comment

Originally posted by BigJuan
              i dont think rice would be that much of an upgrade to what we have and there is no way i want freeney he will be way over priced
              Simeon Rice may be old, and coming off an injury, but he is FAR superior to Kenard Lang at RE...

Depending on his price, I wouldn't mind adding him, but I don't see him standing anywhere too long.

One or two years left in his career the most.
              sigpic

:cool: 150 lbs of pure steel and sex appeal. :cool:

D.J. 55's Mock Draft:

:logo:
              Denver Broncos General Manager

Comment

I don't really see the point in spending a lot of money on Freeney.

We already have a guy very similar to him, in Elvis Dumervil.

We need a hybrid that is borderline DT size.

*cough Adam Carriker cough*
                Go Huskers.

Comment

Originally posted by Lorcust
                  Simeon Rice may be old, and coming off an injury, but he is FAR superior to Kenard Lang at RE...

Depending on his price, I wouldn't mind adding him, but I don't see him standing anywhere too long.

I think Kenard Lang deserves more credit than he gets.

He had 6 sacks this year, while playing sparingly.

We need to combine Ekuban, Dumervil, and Lang to make one super-DE.
                  Go Huskers.

Comment

Originally posted by Nick7
                    I think Kenard Lang deserves more credit than he gets.

He had 6 sacks this year, while playing sparingly.

We need to combine Ekuban, Dumervil, and Lang to make one super-DE.
                    He was a inconsistant in the run-game. Good in some parts, but abused in others.

He is an ok pass-rusher, I'll give him credit that when he got to the backfield, he usually got the sack, but he did not get consistant pressure.

If Simeon Rice is half of the player he was before his injury, he'd be a definate improvement in that area.
                    sigpic

D.J. 55's Mock Draft:

Comment

First off...the Broncos, nor any other team other than the Colts will have Freeney on their team next year.

However, having said that, Freeney is a superstar DE who when healthy will get you between 15-20 sacks per year. A lot of those sacks end up being fumbles and even more than just the sacks, its the attention that he gets from the opposition, allowing teammates more freedom.

-and NO Dumerville is not like Freeney. Elvis is a situational pass rusher who had a couple of good games this year...Freeney is a difference maker. Having Elvis on the roster is NO reason to not pursue a pass rushing DE like Freeney or Rice.

It wouldn't matter if our starting D-line was Jason Taylor, Gerrard Warren, Tommie Harris, and Dwight Freeney-Coyer would find a way to screw it up!

Comment

Originally posted by Lorcust

Rice, if cut, would most likely go to Detroit. But that should not mean the Broncos don't even try to land him. He's twice as good as anyone the Broncos have....And I am including the immortal Dumervil. (Rice isn't much worse against the run than Hayward was)

It all comes down to how much, for how long you have to sign Rice for.

Btw, Nick7, 6 sacks from a DE that started all season long is not deserving of much credit. 7 sacks (Ekuban) isn't much better. They both would fine back-ups, imo.

Comment

Instead of aquiring an aging, questionable DE, or an overpriced, undersized sack machine (who is part of the reason the Colts are so bad against the run), I say we try and trade Plummer and T-Bell for a younger, better all around player.

So to which team would we look? Well, which team has the worst combination of both QB and RB? Thats right, the Raiders! So if we traded Plummer and T-Bell, we could try and get Derrick Burgess. If need be, we could throw in Ekuban or something too.

I know what you cynics are saying, why would the Raiders do this? (Other then the most obvious one, Al Davis is retarded and wants to have the worst team in history) However in all serriousness, if the Raiders exercised a little foresight, they would jump at this deal. Lets say the Raiders elect to draft Quinn and ruin his career. Who better to teach him the ropes then the almost great Plummer? Would Plummer not be a better teacher then Brooks or Walter? And the Raiders could certainly use the help at RB that Bell would provide (splitting carries with Jordan, that way neither back is taxed too much and both can play to their strengths). And should the Raiders make the RIGHT draft choice and draft OT Joe Thomas to bolster their dismal O line. This would mean they need a QB who will not have more TOs then TDs, enter Plummer.

Note to Al Davis, take this idea serriously, both our teams would be better for it.

Comment

Originally posted by DenveRelentless
                            Instead of aquiring an aging, questionable DE, or an overpriced, undersized sack machine (who is part of the reason the Colts are so bad against the run), I say we try and trade Plummer and T-Bell for a younger, better all around player.

So to which team would we look? Well, which team has the worst combination of both QB and RB? Thats right, the Raiders! So if we traded Plummer and T-Bell, we could try and get Derrick Burgess. If need be, we could throw in Ekuban or something too.

I know what you cynics are saying, why would the Raiders do this? (Other then the most obvious one, Al Davis is retarded and wants to have the worst team in history) However in all serriousness, if the Raiders exercised a little foresight, they would jump at this deal. Lets say the Raiders elect to draft Quinn and ruin his career. Who better to teach him the ropes then the almost great Plummer? Would Plummer not be a better teacher then Brooks or Walter? And the Raiders could certainly use the help at RB that Bell would provide (splitting carries with Jordan, that way neither back is taxed too much and both can play to their strengths). And should the Raiders make the RIGHT draft choice and draft OT Joe Thomas to bolster their dismal O line. This would mean they need a QB who will not have more TOs then TDs, enter Plummer.

Note to Al Davis, take this idea serriously, both our teams would be better for it.
                            The Raiders will not trade with us and us with them.

One, we're divisional rivals.

Two, bad blood between Davis and Shanny.
                            sigpic

D.J. 55's Mock Draft:

Comment

Originally posted by DenveRelentless

You have got to be kidding me.

All we need is one good pass rushing DE. Our run stop is suspect, but with a good pass rushing DE, it frees up that side tackle to rush and disrupts the offense's run blocking. If we had a Simeon Rice type rusher with that amount of skill, our linebackers and patchwork defensive line would be able to hold the run.
                              Originally posted by Soldier96B
                              i also took a crap and it was orange

Comment

Working...
                              X