X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lorcust
    replied
    Originally posted by UnderArmour
    It is not a trade, the first round pick would be compensation as Jared Allen is a RFA. They would not have a say about it.
    What's the difference between trading a first rounder to KC for Allen (say he was still under contract), and receiving a first rounder as compensation for Jared Allen?

Either way, we get Allen, they get another mid-first-rounder selection.

My point being, the Chiefs might not want to risk letting Allen go, especially to Denver, for what it could do to our defense and for what it could do for thier defense.

Even with another first rounder, why trade a legitamate young pass rusher, rare in the league, to a division rival, when at best you make yourselves and your rival stronger, and at worst, you make your rival stronger and yourselves worse if your replacement to Allen busts...

I don't see the Chiefs letting Allen slip anywhere at all barring a top 10 compensation pick, and especially it won't be to Denver.

Leave a comment:

• UnderArmour
    replied
    It is not a trade, the first round pick would be compensation as Jared Allen is a RFA. They would not have a say about it.

Leave a comment:

• Lorcust
    replied
    Originally posted by UnderArmour
    Well, shipping off our first round pick for RFA Jared Allen to the Chiefs would not be that bad of an idea. They would just have to match the offer.
    Now, they are also thinking... why would I want to help my own division?

Why trade one of the best young pass rushers, legit too, for a first round pick that could potentially be a bust? Especially with the biggest upside being another replacement pass rusher and the downside... a bust and Denver with Allen...

I don't see it happening.

Leave a comment:

• UnderArmour
    replied
    Originally posted by SeeingRed
    We will try and beef up our line, but NOT BY TRADING IN OUR DIVISION, and most definitely NOT TO THE RAIDERS.
    Well, shipping off our first round pick for RFA Jared Allen to the Chiefs would not be that bad of an idea. They would just have to match the offer.

Leave a comment:

• dabroncos27
    replied
    sacks between all our defensive ends means nothing..because like the game against the colts this year, peyton had all the time in the world to throw to....we use kenard lang on one side and switch in elvis..then pay the big bucks for the other side like freeney or cheaper simeon rice

Leave a comment:

• DancingHorsey
    replied
    Originally posted by DenveRelentless
    Instead of aquiring an aging, questionable DE, or an overpriced, undersized sack machine (who is part of the reason the Colts are so bad against the run), I say we try and trade Plummer and T-Bell for a younger, better all around player.

So to which team would we look? Well, which team has the worst combination of both QB and RB? Thats right, the Raiders! So if we traded Plummer and T-Bell, we could try and get Derrick Burgess. If need be, we could throw in Ekuban or something too.

I know what you cynics are saying, why would the Raiders do this? (Other then the most obvious one, Al Davis is retarded and wants to have the worst team in history) However in all serriousness, if the Raiders exercised a little foresight, they would jump at this deal. Lets say the Raiders elect to draft Quinn and ruin his career. Who better to teach him the ropes then the almost great Plummer? Would Plummer not be a better teacher then Brooks or Walter? And the Raiders could certainly use the help at RB that Bell would provide (splitting carries with Jordan, that way neither back is taxed too much and both can play to their strengths). And should the Raiders make the RIGHT draft choice and draft OT Joe Thomas to bolster their dismal O line. This would mean they need a QB who will not have more TOs then TDs, enter Plummer.

Note to Al Davis, take this idea serriously, both our teams would be better for it.
    OMGROFLMAO!!!!! You're kidding right? Right? Well sign me up for this trade if not! Now we just have to convince the Raiders that Jake can actually play QB (I believe they have tapes of the Broncos season so this may prove difficult) and that Tatum can do anything behind their abysmal O-line (considering he can only get yards if the hole is a mile wide this may also be difficult). But hell, it's worth a try.

Leave a comment:

• Fan in exile
    replied
    Originally posted by Lorcust
    With Lang and Dumervil on the right, neither have really been pros against the run.

Ekuban has been all effort and has been our all-around, best lineman, IMO.
    That was my understanding as well, but I can't figure out why Lang is listed as the Left End.

Leave a comment:

• silkamilkamonic
    replied
    Instead of aquiring an aging, questionable DE, or an overpriced, undersized sack machine (who is part of the reason the Colts are so bad against the run), I say we try and trade Plummer and T-Bell for a younger, better all around player.

So to which team would we look? Well, which team has the worst combination of both QB and RB? Thats right, the Raiders! So if we traded Plummer and T-Bell, we could try and get Derrick Burgess. If need be, we could throw in Ekuban or something too.

No team in the NFL is going to trade a young promising DE. They are too few and far between. And certainly not for a QB on the latter part of his career and a RB that has proved he isn't an every down back.

Leave a comment:

• Lorcust
    replied
    Originally posted by Fan in exile
    This is what I thought as well, however when I looked at the depth chart Lang is listed at Left end.

Looking at the stats whoever is playing on the right side, and the middle really need to step it up. The left side rank 12th at yards allowed wasn't so bad.

I would hope that if we can get more pressure from the guys on the right then everyone would get more sacks.
    With Lang and Dumervil on the right, neither have really been pros against the run.

Ekuban has been all effort and has been our all-around, best lineman, IMO.

Leave a comment:

• Fan in exile
    replied
    The starting line up we've had more or less this season:

LE: Ebenezer Ekuban
    DT: Gerrard Warren
    DT: Mike Myers
    RE: Kenard Lang

At ends, Engelberger, Chukwarah and Dumervil came in at random intervals, usually on third downs.

Veal spelled Myers at DT as well.

I think there is a lot of room for improvement here.
    This is what I thought as well, however when I looked at the depth chart Lang is listed at Left end.

Looking at the stats whoever is playing on the right side, and the middle really need to step it up. The left side rank 12th at yards allowed wasn't so bad.

I would hope that if we can get more pressure from the guys on the right then everyone would get more sacks.

Leave a comment:

• Lorcust
    replied
    Originally posted by Fan in exile
    Isn't Lang the left end? I don't ask this to be obnoxious, but I am trying to figure out who should be replaced, and how people are doing.

I'm still trying to figure out, by these stats who played well last year.
    The starting line up we've had more or less this season:

LE: Ebenezer Ekuban
    DT: Gerrard Warren
    DT: Mike Myers
    RE: Kenard Lang

At ends, Engelberger, Chukwarah and Dumervil came in at random intervals, usually on third downs.

Veal spelled Myers at DT as well.

I think there is a lot of room for improvement here.

Leave a comment:

• Fan in exile
    replied
    Simeon Rice may be old, and coming off an injury, but he is FAR superior to Kenard Lang at RE...

Depending on his price, I wouldn't mind adding him, but I don't see him standing anywhere too long.

One or two years left in his career the most.
    Isn't Lang the left end? I don't ask this to be obnoxious, but I am trying to figure out who should be replaced, and how people are doing.

I'm still trying to figure out, by these stats who played well last year.

Leave a comment:

• SeeingRed
    replied
    I realize that this is about as likely a scenario as me winning powerball (I actually bought a ticket for this one, I guess I was either feeling lucky or stupid). All I am saying is that it makes sense if you break it down. I mean, why should we try and get rice, who honestly is past his prime AND coming off an injury, when we could try and get someone younger as part of a trade? Isn't it something of a Denver tradition to trade off our leading rusher in an effort to a)improve our team and b) prove how anyone can be successful in our system? So why not try and beef up our line. Plus Ekuban is over rated in my opinion, so tacking him on wouldn't be much of a loss.
    We will try and beef up our line, but NOT BY TRADING IN OUR DIVISION, and most definitely NOT TO THE RAIDERS.

Leave a comment:

• DenveRelentless
    replied
    I realize that this is about as likely a scenario as me winning powerball (I actually bought a ticket for this one, I guess I was either feeling lucky or stupid). All I am saying is that it makes sense if you break it down. I mean, why should we try and get rice, who honestly is past his prime AND coming off an injury, when we could try and get someone younger as part of a trade? Isn't it something of a Denver tradition to trade off our leading rusher in an effort to a)improve our team and b) prove how anyone can be successful in our system? So why not try and beef up our line. Plus Ekuban is over rated in my opinion, so tacking him on wouldn't be much of a loss.

Leave a comment:

• SeeingRed
    replied
    That depends on how poorly Coyer organizes his defense of the day.
    Touche.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X