Allan Branch (DT - MICHIGAN) Declares for Draft

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Allan Branch (DT - MICHIGAN) Declares for Draft

Any chance he falls to us or we make a move up to get him? Tennesse who picks right before us will most likely take a DT or WR with their pick so we may need to get infront of them. I'm guessing if we want a chance at him we would need to get into the top 15 spots at a minimum.

He would be the perfect first round pick. Big DT who can colapse the pocket and stop the run in the middle. He really is a playmaker in the middle and holds the point of attack well.

Branch now sits atop my wish list for the draft.

PLEASE MAKE IT HAPPEN.
    :clap:
    Dimi
    Last edited by DimiHorn; 01-05-2007, 01:25 PM.
    BRONCO FANATIC IN TEXAS

Show me a way that Denver gets into the top ten to draft Branch. . .

Comment

Originally posted by Dream
      Show me a way that Denver gets into the top ten to draft Branch. . .

Well I might just be able to do this for you.

Trade Jake Plummer, Tatum Bell and our 1st round pick to Houston for their 1st (8th overall) and maybe add their 5th or 6th pick to sweeten the deal (not necessary though). That gives them a solid RB (which they really really need), a good veteran QB to compete with Carr and a 1st round pick.

This deal would be contingent on us signing Michael Turner in FA.

Thoughts?

Dimi
      BRONCO FANATIC IN TEXAS

Comment

love the guy, and he would be an awesome pick for us, but i just can't see it happening. . . like dream, i expect him to be a top ten pick-- of course you never know what will happen between now and april, but it's hard to imagine a guy with his size and skill set falling very far under any circumstances. . . it's also hard for me to imagine that we would trade up that far. . .
        Officially Objectified by the GPA

rest in peace, darrent williams and damien nash-- you will be missed!!

Comment

Alan Branch, and DE's adams and Moses are all most likley going in top 10 with Branch first.

As far as Branch goes... Tyler and Pitcock might not fall that far

some people had Okam from texas, Thomas from from Florida and Okoye going in first and tank tyler sneaking in from north carolina.

It is pretty deep

Comment

Branch is the missing piece of this defense...without a doubt.

We need to do everything we can to grab this guy.
            Darrent Williams 1982-2007

Damien Nash 1982-2007

Comment

Originally posted by NBudris
              Alan Branch, and DE's adams and Moses are all most likley going in top 10 with Branch first.

some people had Okam from texas, Thomas from from Florida and Okoye going in first and tank tyler sneaking in from north carolina.

It is pretty deep
              Moses is falling. Performance-wise, he was the second best defensive end on his team. He still has the performance potential to be a high pick, but you can't have 3.5 sacks in your senior year and go in the top ten. He's probably going to do his "Kiwanuka" and slide past the first fifteen picks, and having him fall to the 21st pick isn't out of the realm of possibility.

Comment

Originally posted by NBudris

It is pretty deep
                I am a Longhorn Homer and I will tell everyone on this board that we don't want any part of Okam. HUGE guy and has all the measurables but he has not lived up to the hype. Plays soft and with little or no aggression. IMO.

Dimi
                BRONCO FANATIC IN TEXAS

Comment

What about my trade idea with Houston?

Is it that far off base and out of reason? Hell, a team like Detroit might even go for that deal......but we might have to throw in a sweetner pick. Maybe like a 4th or 5th round in next years draft.

Dimi
                  BRONCO FANATIC IN TEXAS

Comment

A guy with that size in the middle would be a big addition to our D! I doubt that we would be able to get him with out trading up!

Dimi you have a good idea! It makes since to us, but that is a top 10 pick in the draft! Teams will make you give up quit a bit to move into that spot! The Texans would do a lot to get as much as they could out of us for just that pick. At this time I still want to see more on Woodley and the other D players that are rounders to form my opinion of what I would like to see us do.
                    Thanks WhiteDragon!

http://forums.denverbroncos.com/showthread.php?t=85326 Last years 1st RD Mock
                    GM Draft-#24-CB Aqib Talib Kansas
                    #54-WR Earl Bennett Vandy
                    #85-G Roy Schuening OSU
                    #114(via HOU-Pacman Trade) TE Brad Cottam TEN
                    #120 LB Ben Moffit USF
                    Block: TE Troupe RB Brown DT Starks

Comment

i dont think that houstin would take that deal plus it would be hard to give houston are first round pick when we would more than likely have to give it to SD to get turner witch i am totaly against i think he is just another version of tatum

Comment

Originally posted by BigJuan
                        i dont think that houstin would take that deal plus it would be hard to give houston are first round pick when we would more than likely have to give it to SD to get turner witch i am totaly against i think he is just another version of tatum
                        Why would we give our first round pick for Turner?

Comment

because he is a restricted free agent you think SD will just say here you go take him for free I Don't

Comment

Originally posted by xX-Bronco-Xx
                            Why would we give our first round pick for Turner?
                            It would depend on if he is an un-restricted free agent or restricted, which I don't know which one he would be.
                            If he was a restricted, you have to give composition for the signing, a first or second round pick depending on the contract/player.
                            Thanks WhiteDragon!

http://forums.denverbroncos.com/showthread.php?t=85326 Last years 1st RD Mock
                            GM Draft-#24-CB Aqib Talib Kansas
                            #54-WR Earl Bennett Vandy
                            #85-G Roy Schuening OSU
                            #114(via HOU-Pacman Trade) TE Brad Cottam TEN
                            #120 LB Ben Moffit USF
                            Block: TE Troupe RB Brown DT Starks

Comment

Originally posted by BroncoAV06
                              It would depend on if he is an un-restricted free agent or restricted, which I don't know which one he would be.
                              If he was a restricted, you have to give composition for the signing, a first or second round pick depending on the contract/player.
                              No I'm saying we don't need Turner here.

Imo he's not worth a 1st or 2nd pick and it would be crap if we gave that away.

Comment

Working...
                              X