No announcement yet.

Allan Branch (DT - MICHIGAN) Declares for Draft

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

i agree with you i dont want him either but in Dimis post he said to trade tatum would be contigent on getting turner i personnaly think turner is way ovverated and will show that he is not a starting RB

Comment

Originally posted by BigJuan
      i agree with you i dont want him either but in Dimis post he said to trade tatum would be contigent on getting turner i personnaly think turner is way ovverated and will show that he is not a starting RB
      Ooooh ok I got ya.

Comment

Wishful thinking

I hate to be a wet blanket, but we won't be drafting a D-lineman in the first round. For the last two years, the predominant topic in the draft thread has been D-line. For the last two years we've gotten all excited about the prospects. For the last two years, we've gone to the FA well and neglected the D-line on the first day. I doubt it will be any different this year.

I love these threads and I love the idea of bringing in a monster DE or DT, but I just can't bring myself to get my hopes up, again. I don't know what the outcome will be, but I'd be willing to bet Shanny will address the offense first.

Comment

Originally posted by HORSEPOWER 56
          I hate to be a wet blanket, but we won't be drafting a D-lineman in the first round. For the last two years, the predominant topic in the draft thread has been D-line. For the last two years we've gotten all excited about the prospects. For the last two years, we've gone to the FA well and neglected the D-line on the first day. I doubt it will be any different this year.

I love these threads and I love the idea of bringing in a monster DE or DT, but I just can't bring myself to get my hopes up, again. I don't know what the outcome will be, but I'd be willing to bet Shanny will address the offense first.
          There's always a chance my friend.

If the organization does something crazy that brings in Branch, I will be absolutely crazy.

Comment

Wow....I really like Turner and think he is gonna make a big splash once he gets his shot.

Well then, how about making the deal with Houston as I stated and get a good solid rookie RB in the 2nd round of the draft. Mike Bell will be able to carry the load while the rook learns the ropes.......

Possible 2nd round RB's ...

Nate Ilaoa - Hawaii - guy is a beast. Runs like Jerome Bettis but a little more wiggle.

Selvin Young - Texas - Had some injury problems in college but is a solid back. Good blend of speed, wiggle and power.

Dimi
            BRONCO FANATIC IN TEXAS

Comment

i would like to get him

RIP Darrent It's been one year, Gone but never Forgotten.

I Adopted JayCutler4MVP!!! and DJ Williams

Comment

Originally posted by DimiHorn
                Wow....I really like Turner and think he is gonna make a big splash once he gets his shot.

Well then, how about making the deal with Houston as I stated and get a good solid rookie RB in the 2nd round of the draft. Mike Bell will be able to carry the load while the rook learns the ropes.......

Possible 2nd round RB's ...

Nate Ilaoa - Hawaii - guy is a beast. Runs like Jerome Bettis but a little more wiggle.

Selvin Young - Texas - Had some injury problems in college but is a solid back. Good blend of speed, wiggle and power.

Dimi
                I'm a Hawaii fan, there's no way that Ilaoa goes that high. He'll be overlooked because of where he played his college ball, and will probably be a 4th-6th round pick. I'd be all for getting him though, he's a VERY fast and shifty power back who runs with authority.

250 lbs and runs a 4.5 40? That's pretty insane.

Comment

I think you would need at least a top 6 pick to get Branch. I don't think he would get past Washington if he did fall.

Pointwise, our 1st rounder and a couple or our guys that nobody would want wouldn't be enough to get that pick.

Comment

Any chance he falls to us or we make a move up to get him? Tennesse who picks right before us will most likely take a DT or WR with their pick so we may need to get infront of them. I'm guessing if we want a chance at him we would need to get into the top 15 spots at a minimum.

He would be the perfect first round pick. Big DT who can colapse the pocket and stop the run in the middle. He really is a playmaker in the middle and holds the point of attack well.

Branch now sits atop my wish list for the draft.

PLEASE MAKE IT HAPPEN.
                    :clap:
                    Dimi
                    I'm not so sure he makes it past Miami at #9...

Comment

Originally posted by Double_L
                      I'm a Hawaii fan, there's no way that Ilaoa goes that high. He'll be overlooked because of where he played his college ball, and will probably be a 4th-6th round pick. I'd be all for getting him though, he's a VERY fast and shifty power back who runs with authority.

250 lbs and runs a 4.5 40? That's pretty insane.
                      I don't buy that he won't get drafted high because where he plays. Ashley Lelie??? And we drafted him.....1st round.

The NFL will find you if your a player and they will draft you.....high.

Ilaoa is going to be a good RB in the NFL. Is he gonna be a superstar? I don't know but I think he has alot of Larry Johnson in him. I know, that's big words but he is in the same mold.

I would be thrilled if we picked him up in the 2nd or 3rd round.

Dimi
                      BRONCO FANATIC IN TEXAS

Comment

I don't buy that he won't get drafted high because where he plays. Ashley Lelie??? And we drafted him.....1st round.

The NFL will find you if your a player and they will draft you.....high.

Ilaoa is going to be a good RB in the NFL. Is he gonna be a superstar? I don't know but I think he has alot of Larry Johnson in him. I know, that's big words but he is in the same mold.

I would be thrilled if we picked him up in the 2nd or 3rd round.

Dimi
                        Well I was referring to the system they came out of, as well as the level of competition they play against. Of course Lelie was an exception to the rule, as he had ungodly speed (4.19 40 anyone?) that scouts could not overlook, no matter what system he came out of or who he played. Ilaoa unfortunately doesn't have those measurables and therefore scouts will have to take into account the things I just mentioned.

For those who want to see how fast he is: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L9UbZGh1aHc

Lou Holtz: "Nobody that big should should be able to run that fast, that's illegal!"

If you watched the Hawaii bowl you wouldn't doubt his bruising running style and deceptive speed. He could be the next BUS. Power (benches 225 30+ times), speed, and even some finesse all in one compact frame. Unless he has an incredible combine, I believe he'd be around in the 4th round, and I'd be one happy camper if the Broncos picked him up there!

Comment

Originally posted by Double_L
                          Well I was referring to the system they came out of, as well as the level of competition they play against. Of course Lelie was an exception to the rule, as he had ungodly speed (4.19 40 anyone?) that scouts could not overlook, no matter what system he came out of or who he played. Ilaoa unfortunately doesn't have those measurables and therefore scouts will have to take into account the things I just mentioned.

For those who want to see how fast he is: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L9UbZGh1aHc

Lou Holtz: "Nobody that big should should be able to run that fast, that's illegal!"

If you watched the Hawaii bowl you wouldn't doubt his bruising running style and deceptive speed. He could be the next BUS. Power (benches 225 30+ times), speed, and even some finesse all in one compact frame. Unless he has an incredible combine, I believe he'd be around in the 4th round, and I'd be one happy camper if the Broncos picked him up there!
                          If he is there in the 4th and we don't pull the trigger I might leap from my office window (only on the second floor but you know what I mean).

Ilaoa would be very good value in the 4th round but I seriously don't see him falling that far....not with the measurables he has. 6'0", 255lb. 4.5 - 40yrd dash, Benches 225 - 30+ times. If he replicates those numbers at the combine and has a decent shuttle he will be long gone by round four IMO.

However, with that said, he did run against a bunch of nickle and dime formations and against some marginal competition so there is reason to be concerned. But, from what I've seen, he is worth a 3rd or 4th round pick. At a minimum, I think he will be a good special teams player and change of pace back.

Dimi
                          BRONCO FANATIC IN TEXAS

Comment

Working...
                          X