What about Nate Clements

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What about Nate Clements

what about Nate Clements? i believe he's unrestricted, and could fill void at DB? keep foxworth at safety, and bring clements to be #2 corner.

R.I.P. Darrent Williams

This has been discussed in a couple threads.

Basically, there is no way we can afford the cap hit that this guys contract will present.

Bailey and Clements is an absolutely scary thought though.

The only hope we have of inking this guy, is if we cut both plummer and courtney brown. That would free up at least 10 million dollars of cap space. Under that scenario there is a glimmer of hope.
    Darrent Williams 1982-2007

Damien Nash 1982-2007

Comment

We'd have the best corner duo in the league.

And still almost no pass rush... leaving us little furthur than when we started.

Clements is good, but considering he will be picked on by QBs with atleast 5, and at the most 15, seconds to throw, Clements won't be able to cover that long, especially with him having to play more conservative considering Coyer has trouble establishing safety help for the #2 receiver as we have seen with Darrent (RIP).

He'll be one of the highest priced free agents, and we dont' have the money to get him and a pass rush.

I say ney.
      sigpic

:cool: 150 lbs of pure steel and sex appeal. :cool:

D.J. 55's Mock Draft:

:logo:
      Denver Broncos General Manager

Comment

well, i feel plummer is going out. he won't stay. i wouldn't be surprised idf denver cuts brown. He's been injured for a long time both seasons, and let's face it, he ain't no jason taylor.

Comment

Originally posted by broncos74310
          well, i feel plummer is going out. he won't stay. i wouldn't be surprised idf denver cuts brown. He's been injured for a long time both seasons, and let's face it, he ain't no jason taylor.
          Nate Clements would probably eclispse both their salaries. Believe me, he'll cost way too much for us.

Especially with other needs on the team like DL, OL, S, CB, etc...
          sigpic

:cool: 150 lbs of pure steel and sex appeal. :cool:

D.J. 55's Mock Draft:

:logo:
          Denver Broncos General Manager

Comment

Working...
          X