albert

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• albert

I think we would be better off going after albert haynesworth dt rather than blow big money on either grant or freeney

i think he will come cheaper and there are better de in the draft maybe woodley from MI

just think of a d line with both haynesworth and warren clogging up the middle and ekuban, woddley, and dumerville rushing off the edges they should also eat up more blocks to let our lb's free to make more takles

If it happens be sure to keep your helmet on!

Yikes..........

Dimi
    BRONCO FANATIC IN TEXAS

Comment

I wouldn't complain...he's one of the best tackles in the league.

Comment

Albert Haynesworth wouldn't be cheap either.

Attitude aside, he'd still cost a pretty penny to get. Not a great deal more than Charles Grant.

He would be an addition I wouldn't complain about, but acting as if he will cost significantly less than Grant is foolhardy.

He would cost less than Dwight Freeney, by a lot.
        sigpic

:cool: 150 lbs of pure steel and sex appeal. :cool:

D.J. 55's Mock Draft:

:logo:
        Denver Broncos General Manager

Comment

Next years line could be..... very nasty..... Warren coupled with Albert. It would open up the draft to a big time DE. Maybe Quentin Moses or Adam Carriker. We need to do something to stop LT and LJ.

Comment

Originally posted by ScottyB
            Next years line could be..... very nasty..... Warren coupled with Albert. It would open up the draft to a big time DE. Maybe Quentin Moses or Adam Carriker. We need to do something to stop LT and LJ.
            It would help if Coyer didn't try to put one of the aforementioned guys to COVER LT...

:brick:
            sigpic

D.J. 55's Mock Draft:

Comment

Originally posted by Lorcust
              Albert Haynesworth wouldn't be cheap either.

Attitude aside, he'd still cost a pretty penny to get. Not a great deal more than Charles Grant.

He would be an addition I wouldn't complain about, but acting as if he will cost significantly less than Grant is foolhardy.

He would cost less than Dwight Freeney, by a lot.

Grant is a DE, right?

I think another DT to clog up the middle like Haynesworth could be just what we need to free up our ends.
              Go Huskers.

Comment

ya grant is a de and that is my point i think we have a better chance of getting a good de in the draft like woodley rather than trading up to get one of the dt out of the draft

Comment

Originally posted by Nick7
                  Grant is a DE, right?

I think another DT to clog up the middle like Haynesworth could be just what we need to free up our ends.
                  Charles Grant plays Power End for the Saints (Ekuban's position).

My point in bringing him up is money would not be a reason Albert would be considered over Grant as both will be pretty big signings and neither will come cheap. He tried to indicate Haynesworth would come cheaper than Grant, and I don't believe that's the case.

I agree a big DT would help free up our entire D-line to make plays and make us left susceptible in the run-defense, that has really struggled this year (several 150+ yard rushers and countless 100 yard rushers).

Personally, I'd rather us sign one of the Dinosaurs from the Dolphins #4 ranked defense to DT, and draft a stud DT, easing him into the game, rather than throwing him into the mix.

Of course, this is assuming we get someone who knows how to use our D-line, and knows how to correctly rotate our D-line to the best of their ability.

And that man is not Larry Coyer.
                  sigpic

D.J. 55's Mock Draft:

Comment

i see albert going a little cheaper because of his problems i think a little more incentive laiden contract rather than a big pay out up front

Comment

Originally posted by BigJuan
                      i see albert going a little cheaper because of his problems i think a little more incentive laiden contract rather than a big pay out up front
                      It really depends if he is one of those FAs that sits on the FA market for awhile.

The longer he sits, the lower his price sinks, in an effort to find a job.

We'll see when it happens, I don't want to wait though for Haynesworth to drop his price, if someone else beats us to him, and when there will be some other quality DL in the FA.
                      sigpic

D.J. 55's Mock Draft:

Comment

What gives you the impression haynesworth is even available?

I like my defensive tackles like I like my women: well over 300 lbs.
                        ABWRFRC

Comment

Originally posted by PRBronco
                          What gives you the impression haynesworth is even available?
                          It was rumored after the incident that Tennessee was "done" with Haynesworth...

...but, with the resignation of Floyd Reese and the recent upswing, that may change.

Comment

Working...
                          X