Broncos Needs-Offense

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Broncos Needs-Offense

QB...Cutler is the starter, and Plummer will soon be history. That leaves us with Preston Parsons for a backup...the veteran FA's available look remarkably thin...
    Still the Broncos will have to come up with someone.

My take: I would love to see the Broncos get BYU's John Beck with a mid round pick.

RB's: I believe Tatum Bell has taken his last snap as a member of the Denver Broncos. If I am right, that leaves Mike Bell, Damien Nash, and a rumored return of Cecil Sapp to RB. I would not be suprised to see the Broncos sign Tennessee's Chris Brown to a salary-cap friendly, one year deal. Brown has his question marks, but he is also a very talented RB, and could enjoy a revitalizing year in Denver, ala Ron Dayne. Beyond that, the question remains if the Broncos would spend an early draft pick on a player like Cal's Marshawn Lynch in the first, or will Auburn's Kenny Irons slip to the Broncos in the second?
    My Take: Marshawn Lynch would be a great selection in the first round, but I have no idea where he will project. To me, I have a hard time believing he will grade out higher than Laurence Maroney did last year, putting him in the Broncos general selection area, so I do consider him a possibility, especially when you consider that Shanahan has been less than thrilled with the running game production over the last two years.

FB: I hope the Broncos just do what they should and sign Kyle Johnson to a multi-year deal, and stop this silly rotation with Cecil Sapp.
    My Take: Not sure if Nehemiah Broughton has been signed by another team or not, but I remember him as a prospect from the Draft a couple of years back, and would love to see him get a shot with the Broncos as the backup to Johnson.

WR: Javon was a revelation this year, and looks like he will be a big-time player fr years to come. Hot Rod is on his last legs as a Pro, but I would assume he will be back for at least another year. Brandon Marshall has shown flashes of promise, but he is far from a sure thing.....therefore, another WR in the Draft would not be a bad idea, especially if that player was South Carolina's Sidney Rice. Think of what the Dallas Cowboys did in the 90's when they had Michael Irvin, then drafted Alvin Harper.....in Indy, they did the same when they had Marvin Harrison, and then drafted Reggie Wayne.
    David Kircus, Brian Clark and Domenik Hixon are all interesting players to keep an eye on.
    My take: I would guess the Broncos will pretty much stand pat and address other areas of concern on the team, preferring to see if Rod has one more year in him, while allowing Brandon Marshall to further develop, as well as seeing what Kircus, Clark and Hixon can develop into. There is merit to this idea, as rarely do young players seem to pick up the Offense immediatley.

TE: I love Tony Scheffler's potential, but with the Broncos using so many double-TE sets, they need another player. I am on the Daniel Graham bandwagon. I view him as the perfect addition to the Offense in free agency.
    Chad Mustard has essentially replaced what Dwayne Carswell was to the goal-line sets. Mike Leach will continue to get a free pass to the roster as the long-snapper.
    My take: Add Graham, and this position becomes a considerable strength to the team.

O-Line

Despite what I think, the Line should remain pretty much intact....Nalen looks like he will return at Center, Hamilton at LG...Kuper will probabaly replace Carlisle at RG, and Pears will probably start at RT. Lepsis, if he is helathy enough will return to start at LT.
    The depth is a concern, although Chris Myers and Greg Eslinger show promise. The bigest concern is depth at Tackle.....if the Broncos draft Arkansas OT, Tony Ugoh, for example, you will know Shanahan has concerns about Lepsis' health.

My Take: I am still not a fan of Ben Hamilton at Guard. At Center, he could be special, but you get the impression that Nalen can play forever, so that probably won't change. With Cutler being more of a pocket-passer, the O-Line better get better as pass protection. He took some absolutley nasty, unacceptable shots against the 49ers.

Kicker
    Shanahan will let the 1-Iron kick as long as he wants, so as much as I would prefer Colorado's Mason Crosby, my hopes are most likely in vain.
    Last edited by MindField; 01-05-2007, 06:15 PM.

biggest need on offense is OL

Comment

The Broncos will add a speed receiver in the draft somewhere.

The Broncos got Darrell Hackney on their team now too.

We need offensive line help.

Comment

Well, we're going to see how Myers will do next year Our young O-line are as now unknown quantities. Hopefully they'll turn out and slot in without much trouble when their time comes.
        sigpic

Elvon Millervil eat grues for breakfast.

Pey-Pey to Bey-Bey for the Tey-Dey.

Comment

I Know

Originally posted by NBudris
          biggest need on offense is OL

I Know; I got interrupted during the post...

Comment

Originally posted by MindField
            I Know; I got interrupted during the post...
            very good partial post

Comment

I agree.

I agree along with everything Mindfeild said.
              his recomendations would be perfect for the denver team. that would probably put us as a leathel treat for a super bowl 42 champion.

R.I.P. Darrent Williams & Damien Nash! You both were fun to watch!

May you both r.i.p. and god have mercy on their souls.

:usa:

Comment

Muse is also right

I HAVE BACKED UP JAKE AS WELL HE'S HAD ABOUT 3 BAD GAMES AND EVERYBODY HATES HIM. HE'S JUST MADE A FEW MISTAKES... and you can't do jack about it.

R.I.P. Darrent Williams & Damien Nash! You both were fun to watch!

May you both r.i.p. and god have mercy on their souls.

:usa:

Comment

Drafting a backup QB is NOT the way to go. Denver will need to sign a veteran or someone with even a little experience. Considering all of Denver's other needs, if they are going to waste a pick on a QB, it better be 6th-7th round, and there isn't anyone in that area that could be a backup anyways.

I hate bringing this up considering the tragic events, but is anyone else concerned that there is a descent possability that Javon Walker will not want to return with the Broncos?

Comment

Well

Originally posted by silkamilkamonic
                    Drafting a backup QB is NOT the way to go. Denver will need to sign a veteran or someone with even a little experience. Considering all of Denver's other needs, if they are going to waste a pick on a QB, it better be 6th-7th round, and there isn't anyone in that area that could be a backup anyways.

I hate bringing this up considering the tragic events, but is anyone else concerned that there is a descent possability that Javon Walker will not want to return with the Broncos?
                    It is easy to say we need a veteran backup, but who?

Remember, Gary Kubiak was a rookie the same year Elway was, and he did OK.

Comment

The league isn't what it was 20 years ago. It's light years faster, and that's the most significant difference from college to the NFL.

I know what you're saying though, who? Shanahan needs to find somebody though. You don't want a backup coming in with absolutely no confidence though.

Too many question marks, and I don't like the idea of spending a middle round pick on a player who isn't looking to see the field as a starter anytime soon, and cannot even contibute on special team's. He could possibly never see the field.

Comment

Wasn't Kube 3rd on the depth chart behind Elway/DeBerg in '83?

I think maybe part of the conceptual problem is that not many have seen Parson's play, I certainly haven't.

I'd prefer to get some experience not only to back Cutler up, but to be a mentor to him. I'm not sure who would be available though.
                        The Whiskyteers ~ One for all, and all for MORE!!!!

Broncomania Best Foreign Poster
                        BFC.........D Will #27.............D Nash #29
                        You'll Never Walk Alone

Spiffing sig, MasterShake :cheers:

You know, in certain older civilized cultures, when men failed as entirely as you have, they would throw themselves on their swords ~ The Operative, Serenity

Maybe Slowick should pay attention

Comment

I think that since we got Cutler we can became into a potency offence, i think we should trade up and draft Ted Ginn and then another resiver on FA or Draft. Obviously you can build a team around Cutler i would be very disapointed if we cant.

And as i said before, we need a power RB that could handle 30 to 35 attemps per game, i think it doesnt matter how we get him, whether FA or draft.

I think we got just enough depth in OL, Jay Culter said that the offensive line has been making a good job, eventhough after him being knocked down by bad protection i dont what to think.
                          Last edited by Tour; 01-06-2007, 12:58 PM.

Comment

Marshawn Lynch would likely fit in well here, but I just don't see him lasting until pick 21.

I would like to see us draft a WR, but not in round 1. We have 3 picks, at least, between rounds 2-3 where I think we could add some speed.

I agree with the suggestion of bringing in Daniel Graham, as I believe he and Scheffler would be a great combo from the TE position.

I'm hoping we look o-line and d-line in rounds 1 and 2, particularly at the tackle positions.

A sleeper pick for LATE in the draft I would really like to see is one that would be somewhat familiar to us. Talented Georgia backs with injury history have flourished here, and Danny Ware was on the fast track a couple years ago. I think Ware could be an excellent sleeper pick in the later rounds of the draft, and hopefully keep healthy enough to add to the legacy of Georgia/Denver's very own T.D. and Olandis Gary.

Comment

Originally posted by jletourneau
                              Marshawn Lynch would likely fit in well here, but I just don't see him lasting until pick 21.

I would like to see us draft a WR, but not in round 1. We have 3 picks, at least, between rounds 2-3 where I think we could add some speed.

I agree with the suggestion of bringing in Daniel Graham, as I believe he and Scheffler would be a great combo from the TE position.

I'm hoping we look o-line and d-line in rounds 1 and 2, particularly at the tackle positions.

A sleeper pick for LATE in the draft I would really like to see is one that would be somewhat familiar to us. Talented Georgia backs with injury history have flourished here, and Danny Ware was on the fast track a couple years ago. I think Ware could be an excellent sleeper pick in the later rounds of the draft, and hopefully keep healthy enough to add to the legacy of Georgia/Denver's very own T.D. and Olandis Gary.
                              I wouldn't assume that we won't try and move up in the draft. I definitely have a feeling Shanny is going to try and get a feature back in the first round. He likes offense too much to be at all happy with the underwhelming performance of the Bells.
                              Only fools bet against Tim Tebow.

Team Tebow #108

Yards, without points, mean nothing.

Comment

Working...
                              X