X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• OrAnGe CrUsH!!
    replied
    I agree.

I agree along with everything Mindfeild said.
    his recomendations would be perfect for the denver team. that would probably put us as a leathel treat for a super bowl 42 champion.

Leave a comment:

• Nick
    replied
    Originally posted by MindField
    I Know; I got interrupted during the post...
    very good partial post

Leave a comment:

• MindField
    replied
    I Know

Originally posted by NBudris
    biggest need on offense is OL

I Know; I got interrupted during the post...

Leave a comment:

• muse
    replied
    Well, we're going to see how Myers will do next year Our young O-line are as now unknown quantities. Hopefully they'll turn out and slot in without much trouble when their time comes.

Leave a comment:

• Dream
    replied
    The Broncos will add a speed receiver in the draft somewhere.

The Broncos got Darrell Hackney on their team now too.

We need offensive line help.

Leave a comment:

• Nick
    replied
    biggest need on offense is OL

Leave a comment:

• MindField
    started a topic Broncos Needs-Offense

Broncos Needs-Offense

QB...Cutler is the starter, and Plummer will soon be history. That leaves us with Preston Parsons for a backup...the veteran FA's available look remarkably thin...
    Still the Broncos will have to come up with someone.

My take: I would love to see the Broncos get BYU's John Beck with a mid round pick.

RB's: I believe Tatum Bell has taken his last snap as a member of the Denver Broncos. If I am right, that leaves Mike Bell, Damien Nash, and a rumored return of Cecil Sapp to RB. I would not be suprised to see the Broncos sign Tennessee's Chris Brown to a salary-cap friendly, one year deal. Brown has his question marks, but he is also a very talented RB, and could enjoy a revitalizing year in Denver, ala Ron Dayne. Beyond that, the question remains if the Broncos would spend an early draft pick on a player like Cal's Marshawn Lynch in the first, or will Auburn's Kenny Irons slip to the Broncos in the second?
    My Take: Marshawn Lynch would be a great selection in the first round, but I have no idea where he will project. To me, I have a hard time believing he will grade out higher than Laurence Maroney did last year, putting him in the Broncos general selection area, so I do consider him a possibility, especially when you consider that Shanahan has been less than thrilled with the running game production over the last two years.

FB: I hope the Broncos just do what they should and sign Kyle Johnson to a multi-year deal, and stop this silly rotation with Cecil Sapp.
    My Take: Not sure if Nehemiah Broughton has been signed by another team or not, but I remember him as a prospect from the Draft a couple of years back, and would love to see him get a shot with the Broncos as the backup to Johnson.

WR: Javon was a revelation this year, and looks like he will be a big-time player fr years to come. Hot Rod is on his last legs as a Pro, but I would assume he will be back for at least another year. Brandon Marshall has shown flashes of promise, but he is far from a sure thing.....therefore, another WR in the Draft would not be a bad idea, especially if that player was South Carolina's Sidney Rice. Think of what the Dallas Cowboys did in the 90's when they had Michael Irvin, then drafted Alvin Harper.....in Indy, they did the same when they had Marvin Harrison, and then drafted Reggie Wayne.
    David Kircus, Brian Clark and Domenik Hixon are all interesting players to keep an eye on.
    My take: I would guess the Broncos will pretty much stand pat and address other areas of concern on the team, preferring to see if Rod has one more year in him, while allowing Brandon Marshall to further develop, as well as seeing what Kircus, Clark and Hixon can develop into. There is merit to this idea, as rarely do young players seem to pick up the Offense immediatley.

TE: I love Tony Scheffler's potential, but with the Broncos using so many double-TE sets, they need another player. I am on the Daniel Graham bandwagon. I view him as the perfect addition to the Offense in free agency.
    Chad Mustard has essentially replaced what Dwayne Carswell was to the goal-line sets. Mike Leach will continue to get a free pass to the roster as the long-snapper.
    My take: Add Graham, and this position becomes a considerable strength to the team.

O-Line

Despite what I think, the Line should remain pretty much intact....Nalen looks like he will return at Center, Hamilton at LG...Kuper will probabaly replace Carlisle at RG, and Pears will probably start at RT. Lepsis, if he is helathy enough will return to start at LT.
    The depth is a concern, although Chris Myers and Greg Eslinger show promise. The bigest concern is depth at Tackle.....if the Broncos draft Arkansas OT, Tony Ugoh, for example, you will know Shanahan has concerns about Lepsis' health.

My Take: I am still not a fan of Ben Hamilton at Guard. At Center, he could be special, but you get the impression that Nalen can play forever, so that probably won't change. With Cutler being more of a pocket-passer, the O-Line better get better as pass protection. He took some absolutley nasty, unacceptable shots against the 49ers.

Kicker
    Shanahan will let the 1-Iron kick as long as he wants, so as much as I would prefer Colorado's Mason Crosby, my hopes are most likely in vain.
    Last edited by MindField; 01-05-2007, 06:15 PM.
Working...
X